Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Matthew Lodge

Matthew Lodge Registered

Congratulations. A massive improvement and I've been reminded that the game is a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what is next under the improvement microscope.

Most pages of the UI now have a big black space on right hand side which seems perfect for sub contextual information, i.e. when mousing over items in each menu. Would be great to have explanations pop up here. JMTP.

Diego Barjollo and Dady Cairo like this.
  2. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Great job guys, it was amazing!!!! Can you add post-processing filters from the old UI to this new one?

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Looking forward to trying it out after I get out of work today.

I don't see instructions. Is there instructions? I have a Panoz DP-01 to update if I knew how to enable push to pass :)

ApexModding likes this.
  4. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Just tested.
    Turned out very well. Thanks for that.
    Just seen, the tracking control and the ABS can now be adjusted from 0-11 in the UI menu.
    Criticism: My graphics setting shows 1920 x 1080
    If I change it to 1920 x 1200 for my screen, it is accepted.
    After a rF2 restart, the UI menu shows 1920 x 1080 again
    However, the previously set resolution of 1920 x 1200 is retained.
    Must be an error in the display in the UI, there was just such an error in the previous UI.
    Should be improved.
    Otherwise very enthusiastic!
    Many small functions that really make you happy.

5. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Remarquable improvement, visually and in fluidity "performance" !
    Is there an option to have the Replay HUD to show the time stamp in seconds instead of hour:min:sec ? It is a lot easier for reviewing.

6. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Another small bug: in VR the image twitches (it looks like a permanent refresh) in the setup screen. In all other screens the image is quiet

Lars, elbo and zaphman like this.
  7. richirichi

richirichi Registered

I hate to say it guys, but all I get is a black screen, game won’t start; after 10 attempts. Although I try to get out of the problem through task manager, steam says the game is still running, although it never started in the first place. I have to shut down my pc & reboot. Oh well, maybe they’ll be a patch to this. In the meantime I’ll give RRE a go

8. denharingrp

denharingrp Registered

I was very anxious about the new '2022 UI update' today.
    I did download the update in Steam.

I`m getting a "Steam application load error 3;0000065432"
    I did verify integrity of game file`s a several time`s.

Reloaded system and restart Steam.
    Still i`m getting a 'Steam application load error'

Yesterday Rfactor2 was still working.

Anybody?

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Worked fine for me and obviously others. Try clicking on the black screen with your mouse.(it was a trick that worked with the old new UI) It will be difficult to patch if the Devs cannot duplicate.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

With the image of an Indycar front and center upon first loading AND the addition of Push to Pass with a Time Limit, I have a suspicion that ONE of the upcoming announcements will be to add some modern version of the Indycar Racing League(or whatever it's called these days)

Lars, Schumi and atomed like this.
  11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

We find almost all of the old UI, but the major part is much better on many aspects.

Congratulations to all the team that worked on the UI.

I think you should focus on the weather and realroad page first : there are a lot of things to improve here.

Good luck for the future.

12. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Sometimes its actually steam that hangs and is not RF2. If you close steam in task manager if RF2 is not listed then the game will probably restart but as for the black screen I cant help unless Dave's trick works.

13. doddynco

doddynco Registered

First Impressions: Nailed it!

atomed likes this.
  14. Hidron

Hidron Registered

Great Work. When realese support for multi language?

15. lagg

lagg Registered

In this blog Paul answered this, when i asked if they were going to implement the hybrid technology in the Formula Pro:

16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

another small bug: in the setup screen I can for example decrease the gear ratio per gear but not increase it anymore, not even to the original value, it just works less

17. Havner

Havner Registered

Congrats on the update. I like it.

I can see you added the bug about FOV 9 I reported in the previous thread to the list of the issues. You could've checked for others I reported (and linked there) as well as many more bugs from the old-new UI are still here.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-and-counting-listing-detailed-reports.68017/

Just after very quick look. Probably more than those, but those I was able to verify in 5 minutes after launching the UI for the first time.

Bug 1:
    In the practice and qualify sessions configurations, options "Practice Time" and "Qualify time" can go down to 0. This 0 meant: "Default(xxx)" with 'xxx' taken from track configuration as far as I'm aware in the old UI. The meaning of this option is the same in the new UI, but the description does not reflect that. Should be 'Default(xxx)' instead of simply '0'. Much like is the case with 'Start Time' that works properly.

Bug 2:
    Floats rounding...
    "Session Settings" -> "Opponents" -> "AI Settings" -> "AI aggression", set to 25%, this will show as 26% in Settings -> Difficulty -> AI aggression.
    Set this to 33% in the former, it will show as 34% in the latter. Etc.

Bug 6:
    This might be related heavily to my hardware configuration, so if you can't reproduce it just like that let me know what you need. The bug is simple.
    1. Launch the game and immediately quit. Hit exit on the credits page. rF2 logo will appear and the screen will hang. The game will not quit. Clicking on the screen will make windows detect the game hangs and propose killing it. Happens every single time. I even verified game files and cleaned whole UserData.
    2. Launch the game, enter some track and then go back to menu and quit the game -> this works properly.

Bug 7:
    Basically sticky-scrollbars.

Bug 9:
    Again, probably related to triple screens. My setup is as follows.
    3x27" - 1920x1080 monitors.
    In game settings:
    Width: 600
    Height 337 (16:9)
    Eye distance: 570
    Side angle: 60.0
    Bezel gap: 15
    1. Launch the game.
    2. Enter customize for any vehicle. The car will be flattened. A little, not much, maybe 5-10%. It's not immediately visible, but if you position the camera looking at side of the car and take a close look at the wheels you can see they are not round. Flattened a little. Aspect ratio is off by 5-10%
    3. Now, enter some track, drive, quit to main menu.
    4. Enter customize for vehicle again. The car is not flattened. Wheels are round. Horizontal visibility is increased. Aspect ratio is fine now.
    Let me know if you need more, I can provide screenshots.

Bug 11:
    Opponents screen in the "Session settings"
    When selecting car groups in the "Opponent Filter" to be added to the "Opponents" there is no visual indication which groups are added, and which are not. The old UI had this.

Bug 13:
    FOV settings, adjustable from 9 to 100, but the value 9 I think should be represented as "Default". That's what the old UI and in-game settings say. Similar case to Bug 1.

Bug 17:
    1. Enter some session (let's say practice).
    2. Hit drive. Drive for a moment.
    3. Hit ESC, go back to the Watch/Setup screen
    4. Hit "Watch", maximize view.
    5. The replay will be delayed for about 20secs, use the time scroll bar. It works.
    6. Hit ESC. This will move the time scroll bar to the current moment.
    7. Try to use the time scroll bar again. It allows to be moved, but will go back to current time after a second or two. Basically it doesn't work anymore.

This worked in the old UI.

Bug 20 (the old UI had this):
    Assigned buttons don't highlight when activated as in the old ui.
    If pressed the onscreen function assigned button would turn orange.

Bostrom, RaceNut, Dady Cairo and 3 others like this.
  18. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, can confirm the sticky scrollbars bug, that's actually a carry over from the old UI. Basically if you move your mouse away from the scrollbar while holding the button and scrolling, eventually the scrollbar will detach, which is fine I guess, but it still registers as if the mouse button was held down, so next time you hover over it, it will keep scrolling as if mouse button is clicked.

doddynco likes this.
  19. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Well done! Definately a good step forward!

20. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Now it's time to actually have dynamic temps and wind working on the new session configuration guys...