[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

I cannot find the Telemetry Marker option in the new UI, nor in the player and controller json files.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Up to this point the new UI doesn't show what the plugin controls are. But, if you try to assign them (start at #1), it should come up then.

3. harish

harish Registered

Hi Lazza,

First of all, thanks a lot for creating the plugin. The installation is seamless and the utility is really great.

I've am facing one small problem with Tyre load channels (not sure if there are problems with other channels). The channels are available but the values are always 0. Could you please let me know the reason for this.

Please find the log and the .ini file in the attachment, I was taking the measurement in the developer mode in Skip barber. Also kindly let me know if any further details are needed from my side.

Thanks & Regards,
    Harish

Attached Files:

4. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

There are some lines in the hdv file that determines what channels can and cannot be logged. Here's an extract of these lines in the Skip Barber hdv:
    [PLUGIN]
    AerodynamicSensor=0
    EngineSensor=1
    SuspensionSensor=1
    TireForceSensor=0
    TireTemperatureSensor=1

When the value is zero the logging of that category is disabled and channels will show up as a static zero in MoTeC.
    The majority of the official content only has SuspensionSensor and TireTemperatureSensor on. If the car is fantasy all sensors are likely on.

Lazza likes this.
  5. harish

harish Registered

Hi Robin,

thanks a lot for the quick and clear reply.
    Could you please do one another favor. Can you kindly tell if there are any cars which are having all the sensors supported.

Regards,
    Harish

6. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

So far, all non-official content I've tested has all sensors enabled. If you are looking for official content, the Formula Pro has everything open. As I mentioned in my first post, if the car doesn't exist in real life there's no point in hiding data as nothing of value can be extracted from a real life perspective.

7. harish

harish Registered

Hi Robin,

Thank you once again for the clear reply. Now I got the point .

Regards,
    Harish

8. azwris

azwris Registered

A big thanks from me as well! I remember the plugin since the rf1 days but didn't know that it is still under development. It will take some time to get used to it again but feels good to see it's still available..

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hi,

I would say you're thinking of the DAQ plugin by DanZ, as my own rF1 plugin wasn't made public until 2012.

But, releasing my rF2 plugin was meant to fill that gap, so I'm happy if you find it useful :cool:

10. Jakub Brzeziński

Jakub Brzeziński Registered

Hey, I have an issue where there's huge chunks of GPS data missing. Have you ever seen anything like that before? upload_2021-12-20_21-12-20.png

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jakub Brzeziński check your settings in i2Pro under Tools -> Corrected GPS.

If it's not already, make it this:

upload_2021-12-21_6-40-37.png

Jakub Brzeziński likes this.
  12. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

It is possible to have water and oil temps channel? I would like to monitor them in order to fine-tuning radiator blanking without constantly looking at temps while driving

EDIT: i've found them, eng oil temp and eng water temp, but sadly looks like official cars doesn't shows those data :(

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Those are some of the channels that are cut off to the user. (we assume part of the licensing agreements) on the copy protected DLC.

ayrtonforever and ebeninca like this.
  14. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

it's a shame, and i wonder why since you can see water and oil temps while driving in the HUD :rolleyes:

15. Ravioli

Ravioli Registered

Hi @Lazza
    Would you know if it's possible to log data of all drivers on a dedicated server?

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not with my plugin, but it's possible, BUT I doubt much of the data would be useful - you'd obviously be limited to the data the server receives (inputs, speed and position, accelerations, perhaps some crude representation of suspension movement/energy, miscellaneous) at a much reduced underlying rate.

Without having actually logged all that data I suspect it would more usefully be displayed or analysed in another manner. Depends what you want from it really.

17. Ravioli

Ravioli Registered

Actually the inputs and acceleration are enough. Suspension movement and such isn't that important to me as we're driving with fixed setups. I'd like to be able to monitor the inputs of the drivers on the server as a form of "cheat monitoring", so to speak.

Through trial and error I indeed found out that it isn't possible with the DAMPlugin, as I suspect it only records the client side telemetry. However, could you push me in the right direction for how I could be able to start logging the telemetry of the drivers on my server?

Thanks so much for the plugin for one, and for the quick and clear response to my question :)

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I suspect the data would lack the precision you'd need for anything but the most blatant of abuse, but given I already have a plugin doing all the logging and the data is in the game I'll have a look at enabling some data from other players, at least as a test.

I haven't touched this for quite a while but just got around to editing some basic parameters (like aero value ranges identified earlier in the thread) so I'll see how difficult it would be to get some of that data in there. I may end up sending you a version that logs a lot of the data channels to help identify what might be useful to have as a generally available option (or two), and that may help you work out whether it's feasible for your uses as well.

19. Ravioli

Ravioli Registered

Amazing, sounds great Lazza! I'd be more than willing to test things for you. Looking forward to seeing this develop :)

20. Joel Fernandes

Joel Fernandes Registered

would be possible to record suspension movements at higher sampling rate or is a game limitation?