Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Well, bug reporting system as initially intended is now on the back burner since the purchase by Motorsport Games, as over time we will migrate to the larger MSG system.

All the issues we've spoken about together in the past have been catalogued, validated (or not, depending on the specific issue) and raised to our internal tracker for the development team. Does this mean they will be addressed immediately? No, but they are most certainly in the mix of ones that need review and action.

pkelly likes this.
  2. Havner

Havner Registered

So it takes half a year to bring up such a system? With dozens of the shelf customizable ones? Lots of free as well. Interesting. And where is that MSG system you speak about?

You see the trend here?

Edit: And yes. I expect simple UI bugs to be fixed in less than a year.

3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

This sentence gives me the impression that you have chosen the right path. Good!

Nick9320 and Paul Jeffrey like this.
  4. vava74

vava74 Registered

Still, in spite of its issues, a very very good off-line experience. People just want AI to run seamlessly in conditions that are not available in the consumer market aside from iRacing, which also does not have rain and, as far as I know, does not have multi-class AI at all.

atomed and Dady Cairo like this.
  5. atomed

atomed Member

They haven´t FFB either :p

6. vava74

vava74 Registered

iRacing does not have weather changes (no rain) and no multi-class AI, two of the most important factors that make AI on rF2 not perform well.
    I haven't tried RaceRoom deeply because it runs like dog-shit in VR (I have a Ryzen R5800X and a RTX3090)...

7. vava74

vava74 Registered

For some, the grass is always greener...
    For instance, people complained that the Norma LMP3 took off on a couple sections of Nords... sections where if you placed the car there and do not drive properly, it surely would take off, as there many examples on YT that lead to certain classes no longer racing there.

At the same time, people completely gloss over the absurdly unrealistic Mercedes W12 dropped on iRacing, because everyone is soooo used to suck up to iRacing as a "realistic" simulation...
    Just watch the Jimmy Broadbent and Jardier videos of them trying to beat each other's times around Nords on the W12 and cringe...
    Jimmy even laughed at some point, saying that he was throwing around the W12 over the curbs and the grass as if it was a touring car...

atomed likes this.
  8. atomed

atomed Member

After hearing so many times both their physics and FFB improved radically and finding out it´s still so poor I have given up trying both of them once again.

9. Pales

Pales Registered

Is it unreasonable of me to expect the erratic throttle and breaking issue to be fixed after it was reported in 2018? Is it unreasonable of me to expect cars that intend to pit to be able to overtake other AI on an in lap?

iRacing does also have multi-class AI…

10. vava74

vava74 Registered

Well, that must be fairly recent. But, if you watch videos on IR's AI, you will see people saying that it's not perfect either.
    I don't doubt that it isn't the best on the market, but people forget seriously important pieces of data:
    Just for road course racing - so ignoring their huge oval racing client base - iR has ± 165,000 active subscribers, which, at an average of USD $8.00 per month, gives them a steady turnover of USD $ 1,320,000.00 per month.
    For perspective, Studio 397 was bought for USD$16,000,000.00, roughly 12 months of iRacing turnover just on their road course racing client base.

The differential between one and the other Studio from a resources point of view is staggering.

atomed likes this.
  11. vava74

vava74 Registered

It has indeed improved - not that I have tested it - and iRacing is making a strong effort towards improving their tyre model on their most recent releases and, as well, they have just hired one of the main physics guys from ISI which, reportedly, had a material role on the development of rFactor and rFactor 2.

atomed likes this.
  12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Looks like I was right... It obviously meant what I thought, since they mentioned content and updates dropped in December. What would've happened to that almost finished content and features? Anyway, Paul just confirmed it.

13. Pales

Pales Registered

It's not recent at all, though. You've been able to race with multiple classes for well over a year or so unless I have misunderstood you? I still don't agree with your point. I understand that they're a smaller studio but the idea that you can use that as justification for not fixing bugs (that they've caused) is ludicrous.

Emery and graphicaluserinterface like this.
  14. Havner

Havner Registered

There aren't any almost finished updates. I still don't know where you read all this stuff.

15. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Jesus christ, are you guys slow? Paul just said there will be an update and they've mentioned working on certain things. Go read last blog update posts!

16. Havner

Havner Registered

Of course there will be an update! As long as they don't go bankrupt. Some update. Small in January (maybe). Maybe some more in February. But there is nothing about any big updates that were left in an almost complete state after November and December you keep mentioning.

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if there are really going to be changes in the strategy, great ...
    As long as the tire system is repaired and the new content is enchanted circuits,
    but let it be effective ... new year new life, always unconditional to rfator 2 with successes and failures ... we always go forward

we have to be optimistic:);)

18. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Really? Go read the December update and tell me if you don't read the "new planned items and updates for December" being moved to January... For me thats a big update as it's more then a simple RC with labels that we got last time... Older posts mention even more hype for a December update they were working on, but I need to find that one.

19. Havner

Havner Registered

Of course they say that. That's called PR. They need to justify lack of anything for two months straight. If that'd be true they'd finish this in January and release it. And now we hear about some new strategy and updates planned for February and maybe something smaller in January. You really need to divide all your read from PR statements by 2.

I guess we'll be able to judge this by the change logs soon enough. So what should I expect according to you? Large physics updates? What else?

20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

I would be glad they fix the offline expirience with "full course yellow" and that damned throttle off and on of the AI.

RaceNut, sg333, DaREALMastaD and 2 others like this.