Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. pig

pig Registered

Now it is almost mid of Jan. Curious what will we see in the big update;)

2. Havner

Havner Registered

I really feel for all of you that believe in some unspecified big update. In any form.

dylbie and davehenrie like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Was any "big" update announced or at least hinted, or @pig just dreamt it ?

4. Havner

Havner Registered

I think @Paul Jeffrey said something on Discord or someone read between the lines of his latest excuses for lack of progress, then @Nieubermesch said something along those lines once or twice (IIRC) and a gossip came to life.

5. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

mantasisg likes this.
  6. Havner

Havner Registered

"However we expect the next four weeks to be exciting ones for our players". No word about any update. Regular PR BS to keep people's hopes up. Not to mention it was said 6 weeks ago... Were any of you excited in the meantime?

I stand by my: I really feel for all of you that believe in some unspecified big update.

dylbie, Mibrandt and Nieubermesch like this.
  7. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Believe! ;)

They've teased big updates, work on AI, content... I'm hoping for phyisics updates and new features teased on blogs too. They have more manpower then ever before for what I've read, so it's not even the same team as before making the same old promises. Better believe at least for a little while and hope for the best. If not I still have the best sim until it gets replaced... Life goes on I guess, it's S397 loss in the end.

atomed, pkelly and Havner like this.
  8. Havner

Havner Registered

You're one hell of an optimist, I'll give you that ;)
    For all our sake, let's hope you are right. I wouldn't put my money on it, but I guess it's good some still believe :cool:

EDIT: right, Virtual Le Mans is this weekend. That is indeed something to be excited about. Hopefully with commentators I can stand listening to for a change.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    atomed likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Then they cancelled a roadmap and announced an upcoming change in approach to be somewhat revealed this month. I think anyone expecting content and build updates this month has read it wrong, and the inevitable howls from the whiners will be as short-sighted as ever.

Note I say "expect". Maybe something will happen, who knows.

10. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

LMAO Lazza.
    I will be borrowing your quote at my next leadership meeting.

"And the inevitable howls from the whiners will be as short-sighted as ever"

11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

A relatively large update or a series of small updates would be really great for the rF2 fans that I am a part of.

A lot of people are bored with the evolution of rF2, and frankly very frequent updates, even if they are small, would make a big difference in my opinion.

This would give hope for the future of rF2, confidence in S397, and it would be a pleasure to relight rF2 regularly (which is not always the case...).

12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

"As mentioned earlier, unfortunately the planned items for December, including new content and updates, will now move out into the New Year. We are currently finalizing our release strategy for the next 12 months, with the intention to share something of a roadmap information post, to inform you all how we expect the coming months to look in terms of the type of things we have planned."

Taken directly from Paul post on December update...

Guess someone else read it wrong :D

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Nope, still says what I thought. What do you think it means?

Binny likes this.
  14. Binny

Binny Guest

NEW YR = 2022, NO mention of what month.

mantasisg likes this.
  15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello!

OK, quick update / clarification now we've pretty much all got back from our various holiday arrangements from the festive period (2nd day back here).

So the plan is to write and release a large(ish) post this month with an outline of how our development plans and release schedule is going to look for the year ahead. In short, we've elected to move to a more structured and regular strategy for releases (both content and updates) rather than the ad-hoc nature we've run with in the recent past.

Although this new strategy for releases is pretty much in place and will likely start from February, we do intend to also drop a new update this month towards the end of January too - one that we will likely talk about in more detail later in the month.

Cheers :)

Emery, green serpent, pkelly and 14 others like this.
  16. Havner

Havner Registered

Which only means that today you got nothing in terms of game updates.

17. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Dude, you really need to just relax a little and not get so worked up over everything!

Enjoy what we have, enjoy the updates when they come, or if you really don't like it take a break from things and try again later :) Simples!

18. Havner

Havner Registered

Oh believe me. I'm relaxed. Like I said elsewhere Im on 5th stage of grief over rF2's future: acceptance. I'm only lowering expectations of others that can't read through your lies.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Dady Cairo likes this.
  19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Dude. be warned - words like this you are getting close to being recommended for a ban here. Don't appreciate being called a liar.

20. Havner

Havner Registered

Where is the bug reporting system you made a whole monthly update about a year ago after our long private talk about how you intend things to improve in the future?