Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Havner

Havner Registered

Yeah, I love those statistics taken from one's ass. "I'm an online player, hence majority are online". "No! I play mostly offline so majority also do".

The truth is: I personally don't know any players. So they must not exist!

Filip, Balazs Magyar, R Soul and 2 others like this.
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

Hahaha:D

3. Pales

Pales Registered

Okay, and why do you think that is? It's almost as if the reasons have already been listed in my thread.. It's not brain science.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

change providers hahahaha, they are giving you bad hallucinogens

5. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I too have asked myself that question more than once. I think that a public vote has already been made in this forum, (that does not mean that all RF2 users voted) but perhaps it is representative, and we could say that online / offline users are distributed 50/50, by different reasons (each one has its own and they can be very varied ...), and in my case I know the 3 types of players, including those who only like to practice hotlaps (one of my brothers and 3 friends, they are not interested online / offline). I like to compete against humans, in other games the same thing happens to me, I don't enjoy playing against the machine.
    Normally I participate in races or championships organized by the communities, but I would also like to participate in casual races in public servants, but the possibility of finding a decent number of participants in one of them is small, besides that it is not reported which mod is is using, because maybe I'm not interested and I don't want to download any more mods that I'm not going to use.
    Everyone has their preferences and priorities, but in my opinion it would be necessary to solve some problems that have existed for a long time, prioritize which vehicles to update tires and need to update PBR / shaders and other graphic issues (lighting, environmental conditions and VR); and I don't expect them to solve it in 6 months either, but maybe throughout 2022, even step by step ...?

lagg, Nieubermesch and Hazi like this.
  6. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

I believe Renate from Reiza said that they were surprised by the increase in online players. I believe the ratio is 50/50 these days.

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Well in my post I didn't say anything, I just said that I thought and that it was likely that the majority of players are offline players or very occasional online players.

I'm not asserting anything at all, I say what I think that's all, like all of you.

And besides, I still think at this moment that what I said is correct, by the way.

lagg likes this.
  8. Emery

Emery Registered

You can check online/offline player ratio by getting the total player count from steamcharts.com and then adding up all the players on servers while subtracting the AI. Right now, that's 940 players and 275 players online. Not even 30% are online players and from my many years of occasionally checking, this is normal.

pkelly, svictor, Nieubermesch and 2 others like this.
  9. Binny

Binny Guest

IMHO 50% players are in league's the match maker proves it hardly a pic up room available, the rest are offline for sure.

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

is steamcharts.com reliable:rolleyes::D:D:D

11. Havner

Havner Registered

Your "I know better" is surely more reliable.

Pales and juanchioooo like this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I only wonder what I read but I don't know ...

13. Havner

Havner Registered

It's called irony.

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

with surveys you know, normally it is manipulated by interests ... so ... I don't know
    ironize me too:D:D:D;)

15. Havner

Havner Registered

steamcharts.com is not a survey. Do your homework before pretending to be "know it all" again.

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I see that you did not understand, maybe it was the language,
    everything is susceptible to manipulation ... especially when there is money and interests involved

17. Havner

Havner Registered

Of course, but your ass-sourced knowledge is surely right.
    In case you do not understand: irony again.

Dady Cairo likes this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Certainly in that he is right, there are those who have their ass for their brain

19. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Everyone here should be familiar with the Motorsport Games positioning diagram, with the vertical axis showing degree of realism (arcade, 'racing', 'driver training aid') and horizontal axis being audience scale (low to high). rF2 is placed in the upper left, along with iRacing, for driving training and very low audience level. MSGS are mainly aiming at the middle area, and less so the pure arcade games like Mario Kart, GT or Forza. Whilst even GT and Forza are going for online players, it cannot be doubted that most players will be offline only, and hence, competing against AI of some form. Online and direct player-to-player competition becomes more important as you move toward the upper left. But even iRacing has realized the benefits of adding AI and getting that as good as possible. It's a driving or racing aid in and of itself. It's an undisputed fact that S397 has not done any work on AI or offline, and in fact, has made it demonstrably worse in their 5 years of ownership.

The question is really one for MSGS senior management; where do they see rF2 being positioned, what is it's role in their portfolio? I'm not convinced they see any mass market for it, and their cross-platform middle market games are the ones for growth. Why keep rF2 around at all then? The only answer would appear to be, to have it available for key esports events, be they of the Virtual LeMans 24H or Formula E (real drivers) or for "professional simracers" or elites. I'm of the opinion that they don't want to make the CS into something for the mass market, regular joe racers, and they already have a self-hosted solution for the more serious leagues and professional simmers. They aren't going to do organized online racing, ala iRacing. And they see no need to fix offline AI and chamionships/gamer or pretend racedriver stuff that's gone more and more into the F1 title for example. So what are they going to do with it????

20. Pales

Pales Registered

Even if they positioned themselves and catered towards the offline community, the most recent Nascar game was such an epic fail that they would only do more bad than good.

DaREALMastaD likes this.