(SR4L) - Alfa 155 - Wednesday Night Fun Races

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by MileSeven, Jan 5, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

B8135593-7421-4D09-B5CB-E36645AAE9D1.jpeg Every Wednesday Night, SR4L holds short, sharp fun races from 7:30 PM (UK Time) until around 9PM
    The races are kept to approximately 10 minutes length so that if you make a mistake, you don't need to wait too long for another go.

Note - times are current UK. Gather for 7:00PM BST, 8:00CEST - qualy commences at 7:30PM BST, 8:30 CEST and racing continues until approx. 9:00PM BST, 10:00PM CEST

There is only one qualy session (held for 10 minutes at 7:30PM) - thereafter starting grids are set by reverse finishing positions from the previous race. Very shortly after each race finishes, the server will be reset and the session advanced to Warmup where the grid will be set. If everyone is ready to go, we switch straight to race to pack in the action.

If you are unhappy with starting at the front of the grid (perhaps you are slow off the line) then shout during warmup and we can put you further back.

If you miss the first qualy, just wait for the next race - you'll start at the back of the grid for your first race.

To further promote the 'drop in' fun-race nature of these events, the vehicle chosen will normally be used for a number of consecutive weeks so that you're not constantly having to learn new cars. Tracks change every week and are usually announced and loaded on Fridays.

Details of car and track (and relevant download links) can be found in our forum (follow Main Site link below).

For June 15th, we are running SimDrivers.EU Alfa 155 at Kyalami Legends ‘76 LE

Hope to see you there!

rF2 server name: !SR4L-3 Wed Nite

Link to car (Workshop hosted): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2811419416
    Link to track https://www.mediafire.com/file/z1tj1w812d4uxyv/Kyalami_Legends_%5B1976%5D_1.01LE_dx11.rfcmp/file

SR4L Main Site: http://www.simracers4life.com/
    SR4L LiveRacers (see what's running and best laps etc.): https://simracers4life.liveracers.com/Live
    SR4L Etiquette and Standards: http://www.simracers4life.com/forum/index.php?threads/sim-racing-etiquette.828/
    SR4L Facebook Landing Page: https://www.facebook.com/SR4L.SimRacers4Life

We strongly recommend that you install and use CrewChief or another similar spotter-enabled app to help your situational awareness! https://thecrewchief.org/forumdisplay.php?28-Download-and-Links

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    atomed, GertjanD and DJCruicky like this.
  2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Good to see a few of you visit us - unfortunately with such short notice, a few of you found the cars too tricky.

We're generally pretty happy to swap setups though if anyone arrives-and-drives in future weeks...

Next weeks track will be up on Friday at the latest - quite possibly CTMP (Mosport).

GertjanD likes this.
  3. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

I had fun in the two races I joined. I really like the format. Thanks for sharing the setup as well.

4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

CTMP Mosport for Jan12th.

I’ll post my setup here later.

GertjanD likes this.
  5. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Great, same car or different one?

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Same car - we like to keep continuity of vehicle for a number of weeks as it generally means drivers can minimise the amount of practice needed at a new track to actually enjoy the racing.

GertjanD likes this.
  7. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Example setup attached to first post.

GertjanD likes this.
  8. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Cool, sorry a bit of a noob question, but where do I put it in the game directory. I know how the load it.

9. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Seek out Userdata/Player/Settings folder from wherever you’ve installed rf2

I’d (personally) then create a folder specifically for the 1973 911 and place it there. By default, rf2 tries to save setups in folders by track rather than vehicle - but for me it’s easier to look for the vehicle (folder) and name the setup by track rather than try to remember which tracks I’ve raced a particular vehicle at….

Two (possible) things to note with my setup - firstly, I have a tendency towards oversteer and I might have changed the steering range (under Chassis settings). Both can be fixed!

GertjanD likes this.
  10. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Just a reminder that we’ll be online tonight from 7:30PM UK time with the 911 1973 RSRs at Mosport - 10 min initial qualy followed by quick fire 6 lap reverse-grid races until approx. 9PM subject to demand.

GertjanD likes this.
  11. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Willow springs would be cool for next week :rolleyes:?

12. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I’ll take a look, thanks.

GertjanD likes this.
  13. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Cracking races last night at CTMP Mosport. Some lovely pack racing - particularly in the last few races.

For Jan 19th we will use @GertjanD 's suggestion of Willow Springs v0.96 - it feels as if it will also suit these cars quite well.

Server is up and running. See details in first post.

GertjanD likes this.
  14. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Cool, thanks for using my suggestion. See you on track!

15. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

One of our regular SR4L drivers pointed us towards this circuit guide - it uses a classic 911 and the instructors best lap time of c. 1min26 is what I’m getting so far (although the track will continue to rubber in with use). A couple of the IRL landmarks don’t seem to be visible in the rf2 version (e.g. the turn 8/9 water tower), but the general corner guidance is still useful.

GertjanD likes this.
  16. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Thanks, do you still recommend using your provided setup? I also wonder whether trail braking is useful with these cars to allow for beter turning in?

17. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

It’s a good starting point but isn’t perfect - I have struggled a bit to get it to turn in quite as neatly as I’d like. From memory, I’ve tried softening the damping a notch at the rear and two at the front (for weight transfer) and also loosened the diff - I’ll look later.

GertjanD likes this.
  18. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Cracking races this week at Willow Springs! Thanks once again for the suggestion, @GertjanD.

Next week (26th) we will be at Kyalami 2020 V1.55 and the following week, provisionally, we will try Watkins Glen International

GertjanD likes this.
  19. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Boing. Don’t forget the races tonight!

20. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

And again tonight. Good turnout last week - hoping for more at Watkins Glen International (NC Boot) tonight.:)