[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. vava74

vava74 Registered

yes, I originally got the "blanked glasses" version and then found your post...

Corti likes this.
  2. bears

bears Registered

Hi @Corti have you got a link :) even with my megre skill i could probably put a driver in it ...

svictor, Corti, atomed and 1 other person like this.
  3. vava74

vava74 Registered

4. atomed

atomed Member

Wouldn't it be great to BOP the Datsun with the Nissan 240Z? I just discovered it on ISR and it's fantastic as well.

5. vava74

vava74 Registered

I think it could be odd, as the GTS-II seems to be a more souped up version.

6. vava74

vava74 Registered

The GTS-II needs a Nissan Engine though... it’s running the engine sounds of the Porsche RSR and, probably, the rest might be either the same or just a slight variation.
    Perhaps Corti could enlighten us...

buzz hornet and atomed like this.
  7. Corti

Corti Registered

Rogger and atomed like this.
  8. atomed

atomed Member

Ufff, what a maravill :p

lagg likes this.
  9. vava74

vava74 Registered

The GTS-II version had the LY28 engine, which had an output of 300hp...
    https://www.supercars.net/blog/1973-nissan-fairlady-240zg-gts-ii/

atomed likes this.
  10. vava74

vava74 Registered

The mod is, probably, a conversion out of rF2's Mad-cousin (if you know what I mean)...

atomed likes this.
  11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Here is some writing and a bit of back ground for anyone one that likes to read behind the scenes of modding of a track.
    I had a small problem with track. I have this fixed already for next version. A while ago S397 changed the way they did clouds. Track was working fine before but now I have a small glitch where clouds would turn from sunny to overcast in a spit second. See this thread HERE.
    The fix is to lower the track to sea level. Easier said than done, please keep reading :confused:.

Graphics

Lowering all the graphics were not too bad, I could do that in one easy step in 3DsimEd3. Very easy. Had to make sure all 5 layouts still worked. All good.

AI paths

I thought this was going to be hard. The track has 5 different layouts, each one is different. Each layout has multiple AI paths for different cars, block paths, garage locations, pitstops etc. This I thought would take a long time to lower everything to ground level. I was very pleased to see when I opened the AIW editor, the heights of the paths and pit spots automatically snapped to the ground for all AI paths. It was satisfying to watch the AI cars that were floating 500 metres above the ground come to earth and smack down to ground level like they were in a super hero film or something :D. Did that with all 5 layouts, and all good.

Track Lights in the .scn file

This was ok to do, it's just line items in the scn file that I just took off 500 metres off on each one, not too hard. Some of the lights are shared between layouts that were easy just to copy and paste. All 5 layouts done and working.

Track side cameras
    Now this was the hard one. I was hoping there was some quick option in the Cam Editor to lower everything in one easy step. Nope :(. Looked for 3rd party apps that could help, nope.
    The track has on each of it's 5 layouts 4 groups of cameras. No way I want to do all them again.
    I though I would have a look in the cam file, and see how easy it would just to manually edit each one. That would have taking along time just doing that. But, in the cam file I found not only would I have to change the positions of each camera but there are other things that are needed to change too. There are 'Activation Locations'. Also there are a number of tracking cameras too like a drone path that follows 6 points. Each of them 6 points would have to lowered too. They are called 'ControlPoints'
    Lets pick the 24 Hour layout for example.
    306 Cameras
    534 Activation Locations
    301 Control Points
    Total=1141 for just the one layout :eek:
    Times that by 5 layouts = 5705 :confused:

Something I used many years ago was software called 'Auto Hotkey'. I wrote a script with it that would find these lines in the cam file and recalculate the height taking 500 metres off each one. Took a while to figure out how it worked but managed with a lot of try and error, got all 5 layouts done. @svictor will be proud of me.
    The things I do for you lot :D.
    As said that will be in next update. All the above was done about a month ago. I'm already onto bigger stuff for the track:-

New layout:
    I mentioned already I've been working on new layout, as you can see in screen shots below, I've already made a 'start' on it.
    20220103215934_1.jpg 20220103220124_1.jpg
    A lot of late nights were put into it.

24 Hour/ VLN Cock Lap patched
    As everyone knows with my track you can do one lap around the GP track and take a short cut to start your timing lap without having to do a whole lap of the Nordschleife. This works out of the box. The downside of this is if you were to go around the GP track again, than the timing goes wrong and you end up with a sub 2 minute time. We in our league call this 'The Cock lap', done by Cock heads. We always get one person do this, we just DQ them. Something I found while making the 'Bridge to Gantry' layout with all it's special timing gates, I found a way to stop people doing the 'Cock lap'. This patch will be also be in the next version of the track.

Christmas again in January, maybe?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  12. svictor

svictor Registered

Thank you for all the hard & very hard work, and your efforts for pushing & improving the best free Nord.

13. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

A sneak peak video of new layout.

Driving the BMW 320T in wet conditions. Very tricky car, it has so much torque so having to be very gentle on the gas peddle.
    The track was getting well wet before the end of the lap. Would have been better with a boat :D. Trying to keep on the dry line.
    I want to make one of them rally style count down start lights at the start gate.
    Enjoy video.

14. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Nice. An RSR4 might be fun;)

atomed likes this.
  15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Someone make one and I'll drive it :D.

Sorry for being quiet. Happy to say I'm still working on the track, not stopped, the end is near. Well, near,ish. I keep finding something new to work on. I keep saying I'll just quickly do that, then end up spending 3 days on it.
    Some highlights:-
    There were a number of areas where there were no guardrails separating the road from the track. I've took the time to do that. Nice to see that finished at long last.
    Also I been adding to many areas the tall mesh wire fences , maybe at least 2 KM length of it so far :O. Even though that sounds like a huge length, that is only a small amount compared to the real track.
    For Doctor Who fans I've added over 35 TARDIS's next to marshal points. The marshals now have marshal towers matching the same locations as real track.
    20220221180559_1.jpg

As for the Rally Stage layout (video above), I said I wanted to add a LCD count down start clock next to the start gate. I did half make one and had it working but I'm not going to use it. There is no control of getting the count down clock to only start counting down when you get to the gate. So sometimes you get to the gate you might be waiting 15 seconds watching a count down clock count down to Zero before it turns green, but some times you could get to the gate and it's green already. Also while you are waiting you are in danger of being rear ended by a AI car. The AI cars stop for nothing. So, I've changed that to a simple Red and Green light. The green light comes on the moment you line up the front of your car to the start line. Does the job good.
    On the subject of AI, if any one knows how to get them to drive slow to the line would be good. I've added Slowdown points to the AI path but that only slows them down to pitspeed limit speed which is still too fast.

New BMW M5 panels on the T13 Paddock. This is where the cars are parked for the Rally Stage layout.
    20220221175741_1.jpg

You might be wondering why I'm working on this track when there is already an almost perfect lazer scanned version out. Well, this is a very nice alternative version and an alternative expertise to a great track that everyone can enjoy. The track might not have accuracy but it does have tons of immersion. The new Rally stage layout with its early winter look is something for you to look forward for. The track runs very well, even on my 8 year old PC with a 2 Gig graphics card.
    20220221182615_1.jpg
    DJC

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    Juergen-BY, Lars, makan and 13 others like this.
  16. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

New Sabine Schmitz Kurve sign.
    Had to be done.
    20220225231144_1.jpg

sabine-schmitz2.jpg

Juergen-BY, lagg, McFlex and 13 others like this.
  17. atomed

atomed Member

I love driving your version and if I want the exact one I have the official one, double choice!

18. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

The 'official' version brings my PC to it's knees..thank you @DJCruicky for continuing to work on this. My computer thanks you too! :)

Bjørn, makan, DJCruicky and 2 others like this.
  19. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

No new download link yet, maybe I should try bring it all together and try give you something soon :D.
    I have added some nice things.
    I mentioned that I have added some new Mesh Wire fencing. I've gone crazy I have now added over 13 kilometres of it to the track :D. Obviously in all the same places as the real track. This also includes a 300 meter section that was layed on the real track less than 2 months ago (Will you spot it?) . Is no small task, in some cases had to reshape the land before laying the fences. Also moving trees so they were not clipping through them. One annoying thing, some of my track side cameras will need to be moved now, doh-->
    20220329171459_1.jpg

Something that inpired me to do when watching this youtube video (watch from 2:20)...

..is to modify the video LCD information screen at the end of the pitlane. I see in the video before the track is open the screen is red with the words 'track closed' and when open the screen has a green border. I've found a way to do this on my track. Happy to say got this working, you should see this in the next version.
    Some small changes on GP section of the track. The BMW bridge now has been updated to the new design of the real track. The Dorint Hotel has been painted with 2 coats of white paint, it was Pink. The advertisements that used to be Jaguar are now the new Hyundai ones.
    20220301224055_1.jpg

Cheers, yes it should still run good on your potato computer even with the extra 13 Km of fencing. My PC only has a GTX770 2 Gig card and it runs fine as long as I'm not trying to run S397 cars on it. New video cards are now way out of my price range thanks to all that Bitcoin mining nonsense.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    Lars, juanchioooo, Bjørn and 13 others like this.
  20. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for the hard work, looks great! Having seen a lot new comers to RF2 recently, and this track really fills the gap.

Corti, atomed and DJCruicky like this.