[REL] Porsche Cayman GT4 Manthey MR V2.01.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frederick Alonso, Oct 8, 2021.

1. atomed

atomed Member

Come on, this is a free mod and he didn´t do it for profit. The least all modders deserve is constructive criticism and gratefulness.

2. vava74

vava74 Registered

I think you are way out of line here. Fredrik is not working for you, he is not your employee and that is not even an acceptable way to address him even he were your employee.
    Fred did this car for all of us to enjoy. If you don't, do as suggested above. Unsubscribe and move on.
    Man... Your sign off says "I use rFactor 2 for fun"... I would hate to know what you do "seriously".

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that was what I did in his discord, but since he did not like that I said that he had to rebuild it, I delete all my posts ... my criticism was and is constructive ... another thing is that he does not like to be told what this is badly done

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

He does not work for me, if it were so, he would fix what he does wrong .... studio 397 does not work for me either and when they do something wrong I also say it ... whether he likes it or not ... he is the one who is saying that he does things of quality and then without having finished them, he starts other projects ... so if you don't like my reviews, don't read them, but who the hell are you to say what is or is not out of place here ... hahahaha that's funny, nor that I had to ask you for permission hahahaha

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

angry me? don't even dream about it

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if it were so well built it wouldn't have errors ... removed from my rfactor? of course, but when someone tells you to correct something that is wrong, here you can't delete it ... which studio 397 never did delete a post with it that he did not agree, he deleted everything so that no one would see his shit

7. vava74

vava74 Registered

The Cayman is a personal project by Fred. The other work he is doing is for GEM, which means that the Cayman can only be looked into when he has free time.
    If you knew him just a little, you would know that he pushed through between GEM and the Cayman (and his day job and his family) MANY 20 hour days.
    Your criticism is not constructive when you do not know, care or take into account this. Specially with that tone, as it was also the tone on the Discord.

Rogger, Turbolagg88, svictor and 5 others like this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

What happens, what do I point a rifle at him to do something? What do I care if he has or does not have time, ... when I told him that I had to do it for yesterday? ... my criticism was always discord It was only constructive ... another thing is that for him it was not interested and he will erase it ... if he does not accept his criticism it is his problem not mine

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Rogger, Rui Santos, Myrvold and 16 others like this.
  10. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

Someone here needs to vent their frustrations. May the new year bring you lots of sex, you need it ....

11. bears

bears Registered

Totally agree I love his work but most of all his enthusiasm….if rf2 needs one thing it is people with the enthusiasm to create content for it…. Frederick and others like him should be encouraged not abused, in the end it’s free ffs if it’s not up to your personal quality standards uninstall it and quietly move on its really pretty simple.

Rogger, lagg, Turbolagg88 and 9 others like this.
  12. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

If you remember I told you and everyone in the discord chat this was to be fixed in V1.1 ... o_O

I have been fixing a few things so far on that huge V1.1 list, upfront we did a hotfix as well. In my view I started this as my first ever 3D fun car, which today I would have done completely different if I can be honest here. What new projects are you talking about? These all started in end 2019 and come close to finish now just like the final Cayman...

The only reason I removed your and others their posts (while you clearly think different) is because I did not want people throwing crap (immature emotions and wrong ideas or knowledge) at eachother, you, me or anyone.
    I directly added a V1.1 task for you and it seems you did not even noticed it while it was posted many times.

It's a long time on my discord server in the #mod channel:
    On the fix list for 1.1:
    - Final template map (THIS was your answer)
    [​IMG]

You clearly have no idea about who I am.
    Enjoy life my friend, happy new year!

The Cayman is here because I cannot affort two times in real life paying for a track day which was expensive for one day at Spa in 2018 in the older Cayman (payed with my freelance revenues I had left over of 15 years doing websites). My wife still does not get why I did that .. LOL .. At least we can now enjoy it for free, aside of no gforces and brutal sounds or high resonances in the chassis..

There was no GT4 I found great in any game, that is why I started this project.

If we can make the Cayman better why would I not do that? It's my personal favorite car in the end, I dig it a lot and drive it virtually weekly. I love the edge of grip on this fun project and V1.1 will be more fun with two tyre models.

It will not change 4 negative ratings on 3500 subscribers much but let's not forget I did aside of the physics the car all alone without blueprints, just photo references. While most teams split the work and have more eyes for perfection. I really pushed myself to deliver here and in two years learned so much on many projects and skills! If people talk bad you also give bad credits to all people that helped here on page one. In the end the issue (not really) is a very small mapping fix not an issue on most skins.

This is 2022 for me for those not knowing,
    5 of these projects started in 2019 and are not new at all... :

Cayman V1.1, Ginetta LMP1 update, Nagoya updates (Toyota LMP1 for free soon), Fuji 2021 (for Free), Falkenbergs motorbana (WIP tutorial for Youtube), Fixing Kyalami, Duqueine D08 (90% completed 3D for Advanced Simulation), LMP1 GEM, LMP1 GEM, Group C (To be started), Supra to GT4 (bought base rework), also let's add the updates I'm onto now for Bahrain 2022 which I polished a lot on the road mesh and new PBR shaders.

+ I put efforts in helping my patrons build amazing things as well and I don't mind putting time in them, it's thanks to their donations I can give the community another great GT4 in the near future.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  13. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Keep it up.
    Don't let any funny comments disturb you.
    I can wait for the final version

Rogger, Bostrom, lagg and 3 others like this.
  14. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

Will the rear wing changes, also fix the problem, that you lift the car infront of you up in the air at a small contact at the back?

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  15. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

I will forward this to April. Thx for reporting it, Usually I avoid contact and have respect on track but I will see what is going on if you hit a car. Also the Damage model (for the AI game calculations) is under revision.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  16. haasje33

haasje33 Registered

If there's one thing you learn quickly as a modder, it's that there will always be haters who don't understand or appreciate the time and effort you put into what you create. They don't understand what it takes to create high-quality mods, they don't understand what it takes to do this for free, they don't know you as a person or team. I've seen it happen many times before and so many great, talented people - not only in rF2 or simracing, but the full gaming community and even beyond that - lost motivation to keep going because of the haters.

I'm very happy to see that Frederick immediately gets a lot of support from many people who do understand and appreciate the efforts. Keep the support and constructive criticism coming, because he truly deserves it. The man isn't afraid of working on these projects for 10+ hours a day, sometimes not even taking time to sleep after a night shift at work. He always wants to learn new techniques and tools, so he can keep improving his work, all to give you the best possible content we can produce. Without Frederick's efforts, the Cayman would not even be here and honestly, neither would any of the Global Endurance Modding projects.

17. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

Bostrom, Rogger, pkelly and 5 others like this.
  18. Rogger

Rogger Registered

You doing a great job and I'm already looking forward to the new vehicles that will come. :)
    @juanchioooo Constructive criticism is really OK, but not in that tone. :mad:

haunetal1990, Bostrom and vava74 like this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The criticism was constructive until he deleted all my posts so that no one would know about the mistake he made, that said, it is still constructive, like when cars fly out to catch pianos, but I don't care, as if he doesn't want to fix it, or throw it away, people who when they delete and omit what they don't like, already say a lot about the kind of person they are ... that said, it's all clear to me ... studio 397 gets a lot of criticism from me, and They never deleted a post:)

20. vava74

vava74 Registered

You were being an @ss and continue to behave like one... Fred acknowledged the issue and said he would solve it when possible and your reply was always "I don't care, I don't want to do a livery anymore, etc..."

Rogger and Bostrom like this.