Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

That would be great.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Manfredk2, atomed and Corti like this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

I'll try that one, if youtubers can use it it can't be that hard :D

redapg and Manfredk2 like this.
  4. Corti

Corti Registered

of course my friend, ánimo!!!! :D

Manfredk2 and atomed like this.
  5. John_GEAR

John_GEAR Registered

Sorry for the noob question, but I can't find the "drive" folder for Cleveland. Can you please post a link?
    Is the issue that the lap isn't counted when you go through the pitlane also fixed?

6. atomed

atomed Member

7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I worked on it some time ago. Uploaded a fix on our folder. This fix also fixes rolling and fast rolling starts. Fastest line is not perfect and a block line is missing. Update is for original version 1.02

8. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Related to this topic, I found an interesting youtube video by someone who demonstrates that AI logic in many (ISI) games is flawed as too many AI cars try overtake each other in a row. He calls this "overtake stacking". Have a look for your self at the interesting video:

I wonder if this can be avoided/mitigated somehow in RF2.

atomed likes this.
  9. vava74

vava74 Registered

Honestly, it's very situational and with Mark Pearce's AI tweaks on the player.json file and good AIW files (Mark, Manfred and Atomed's), I don't see this happening that much on rF2. That is why I poked Austin on the commentary section to try Laguna Seca with Mark's AIW and player.json modifications.

I think that having a guy threatening to kill him as made Austin an ultra bitter guy whose tone is always ultra negative.
    Interestingly enough, shortly after watching and commenting on his video, I did two races at Monza (a potentially treacherous track) both on AMS2 and rF2 with the Brazilian StockCarV8's (on rF2 I used a bootleg mod) and in both cases the AI races with 95% skill and 60% aggression went really well.
    The rF2 AI was substantially more lively and less "drone like", but I had huge fun on both races and none of them had the above problem, including when arriving to the variante del rettifilo (first chicane)...

GertjanD and atomed like this.
  10. atomed

atomed Member

I didn't experience it either, althought the misbehavior makes sense if not limited by programming the AI not to do so.

vava74 likes this.
  11. vava74

vava74 Registered

He is kind of a RF2 / ISI hater so he does not lose an opportunity to say something negative.
    Frankly I can’t blame him when he criticises stuff. He is entitled, but he is just a one way street.
    As it was expected, so far there hasn’t been any reaction to my commentary from his side.
    Someone else did reply, and I answered with the above experience on AMS2 and RF2 with the Brazilian StockCarV8’s but it died there.

atomed likes this.
  12. atomed

atomed Member

It always amazed me that rF2 has more haters than users. Nobody drives it but everybody critizices it. It´s like hating that girl that rejected you :rolleyes:

trollray and Corti like this.
  13. vava74

vava74 Registered

Just to illustrate how Austin currently operates:

I listened for 10 min and it was a purely onanistic exercise:
    - ...no modern sim game had launched a modern IndyCar as part of its free cars (wrong: rF2 has the DW12 since ages ago);
    - ... no Clio Cup (again, RF2);
    - ... no real modern F1 car real or fake aside from Reiza* (again RF2 with the 2012 Marussia and Formula ISI);
    - ... no SuperGT (again RF2 with the Nismo GT500 2013).
    * which by acknowledging this, contradicted what they started saying.
    Both agreed that the above statements were right...
    And then they were ranting about certain tracks no existing anywhere, more than one Road Atlanta coming out from modders, as if the latest was not a step forward for the enjoyment of both AC and RF2’s player base due to its increased accuracy... etc... etc...
    Rants occasionally hit the spot but they were just shouting stuff one to the other and agreeing.
    Two bitter guys saying that everything in Simracing is wrong — everything...
    Seemingly there wasn't a second of reflection.

Fun fact: IF he reads my commentary to his previous YT video, he might actually end up coming here and reading what I wrote about him... and I doubt that he will have the balance to take it in stride and think about it, as he wants developers to do with his and other content creator's criticisms...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Emery and atomed like this.
  14. vava74

vava74 Registered

It's understandable that rF2 puts off many people because it's a fickle piece of software, breaking up all the time, with a lot of interference caused by mods, skin packs, etc making getting into servers a challenge more often that it should, ... Broken (semi-broken) AI...
    But within its limitations and quirks, it's wonderful.

atomed likes this.
  15. atomed

atomed Member

It´s sad how influential are these celebrities in tons of people but in the end it´s a balance between how much you want to spend tuning and fixing and how much reward you get from the driving experience. Most people prefer ease of use before the raw driving feeling.

vava74 and Manfredk2 like this.
  16. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Once I learned how to make my own AIWs........
    Not easy at first, even to get a track and car into Devmod.
    I quit a few times and returned cause I am stubborn

In the end I was thrilled not having to accept or complain about ai.
    Is it perfect? Of course not but great to be in control.

Anyone who makes AIWs usually discovers the AI pinch points of a track and corrects it with corridors or line adjustments.
    Anyone who tried to make an AIW on long beach 2014 figured that out almost immediately lol.
    Sometimes the ai just needs to get in a nice orderly line through a section.

It was my first step in modding RF2 and I would not have gone any further with the game if I couldn't fix AI.
    I would recommend users stomach through the learning phase as there is way more resources and people to support how to do it since I went through it.

Emery, svictor, Manfredk2 and 2 others like this.
  17. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Hi,

Quick question to the AIW masters. In our league we want to race at Red Bull Ring 1.3 by senormen. Unfortunately, the cut track rules are not very strict there. Could a reworked AIW file be the solution for this?

Thanks and kind regarda :)

18. vava74

vava74 Registered

Look into Atomed/ManfredK's database (Mega link on Atomed's sign off)
    I am pretty sure that there is a AIW fix for SM_RBR

delphinho likes this.
  19. atomed

atomed Member

delphinho likes this.
  20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Now i am under pressure ;) Which parts of the track should be looked at?

atomed and delphinho like this.