Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Here was I hoping that this thread might be the place to highlight any issues with the new RC so that they get ironed out before it gets released.....only to find its turned into whatever this is :(

Both client and server updated with latest RC.
    After joining the server and adding a few AI, the server shuts down after a few seconds.

The server also shuts down randomly while no one is using it

Also in VR, the "wobbling" screen when sitting in the lobby when other cars join or the session moves on ahs returned

Bernat likes this.
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

Sorry but i'm not going to dig in years of comments of S397 members in the forum and blogs to satisfy you.
    You can believe this or not.
    You can dig in the forum and blogs to check if your statement is true or not.

3. Havner

Havner Registered

So do I. That's why I'm even here.

I'm not criticizing them cause they don't work on the stuff I'd like them to work on. I am criticizing them cause they don't have any Q&A and they fail to fix simple bugs people have been telling them about for years now. I wouldn't mind many issues with rF2 (not being user friendly, etc) if they at least took an effort of fixing some stuff they introduce themselves. The new UI is one big buggy mess. I don't even mind that it's just a reskin (some do) but I'd like it at least to be bug free in the form it is now. And some simple bugs that took me 5 minutes to find are dated in years.

I did (see above) and did not find anything major beyond what I listed earlier. And if you knew you would just tell me. You don't need to go through years of comments if you know they did some major work somewhere.

lagg likes this.
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

I've looked for gold many times and never have found it, but gold exists.
    We'll agree to disagree. ;)

Havner likes this.
  5. Havner

Havner Registered

So be it ;)
    But this begs a question: do you normally pay for the gold you don't receive? :p

lagg likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

He is to be a brown-nose

7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think, it's important to point out that S397 grew rF2 until summer 2020, fixed alot of issues and added quite a few nice new things and features, especialy on the presentation side, aswell as in the content departement. Easy pickup racing has certainly been improved with the CS. That's not a small feat and I would lie if I said that they did nothing. But development somehow seems to have lost momentum afterwards and I have no explaination for that. Stuff like the shrinking player base is nothing you can whipe away and the reviews on Steam have gotten worse and worse for reasons. That should be taken seriously and not ingored. And from the end user perspective this has nothing to do with the task being too big and manpower being too low, but wrong priorities. The management of the sales has been a desaster and nothing that invites players to spend their hard earned money.

The CS has been managed in a wierd way. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, but take a look around you what works good and what doesn't. iRacings biggest selling point is the MX5 cup with races that run every hour, a nice open practice lobby where you can interact with other people and a short qualyfiying with two timed laps. The chat function in the new UI is hidden wich just cements the impression that there is not enough thought behind design decisions. It couldn't be easier to copy the iR recipy but there has been no driving force to get something similar going. Only recently they started to have races every half an hour wich was simply too late long after all the CS hype had gone silent. The only explaination we got was that they don't want to copy iRacing. What is the reasoning behind this, when the obvious reality is an allmost empty CS? The last proper car content that fitted into the sim was released a year ago with the C8R, the Ligier and the Cadi. There are people who argue that the BMW Class 1 is great, wich is true, but it has the same issue like most cars in the ISI days. There is no eco system for that car.

Here is hope that they still have huge things coming including a nice roadmap for the upcomming year and I hope that the blogs really ignited the motivation to check what the community really wants to see within rF2 and to offer and inspiration. That the blogs have been stopped is once again a wierd move when the blogs were in fact more informative than the roadmaps for example.

Binny, Adam Helyes and green serpent like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

hahaha, you're right.
    As i said the S397 strategy IMO has been baad.

Havner likes this.
  9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

People seeking attention. Why don't they all follow their own advice and go play with iRacing? I guess it doesn't give them enough joy.

I like some criticism, it can be good, but this is going overboard. Me too, I just came to this thread looking for second hand information on the new RC.

atomed likes this.
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

thank you, I hope for official paid DLCs, it's more important than anything else.
    And I hope they can add the sparks.

Elcid43 likes this.
  11. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I'm happy about every new build.
    One small step ... you already know!
    397-they are still alive.
    Many other games that we loved have ended.
    That's just rF2 the never-ending story!
    Whether with frustration or joy, that's the way it is.

pkelly, Filip, TJones and 2 others like this.
  12. guenther

guenther Registered

I'm happy about every new build.
    The drama in the forum is just priceless.

pkelly, lagg and Art_Pereira like this.
  13. Binny

Binny Guest

What im not happy with is s397 can implement new things, but do not seem to be able to fix optimize them EG: CS/DX11/UI/VR how can it be that hard to have it rum smoothly playable when you are the 1 responsible for brining it to the sim not ISI

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. Felix Nudrec

Felix Nudrec Registered

15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Stop guys this thread will be probably close if you continue.
    And personnal attacks.... No guys!

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No Michael, no! That's not right!

guenther and Nieubermesch like this.
  17. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

It is true that the thread will be closed if there is this kind of personal altercation, it is not what I personally want.

Elcid43 and lagg like this.
  19. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Compared to what I'm looking for specifically in a simulation, other simulations unfortunately failed to meet my *specific expectations.

It would be great if a new competitor magically came out in early 2022, it would give us some hope.

Because rFactor 2 is very disappointing for me now.

Elcid43 likes this.
  20. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

I have the following view on the Competition System: They did it grudgingly, they did it just to say that the game now has official races. This was evident at the launch, the person in charge NEVER heard anyone, did everything as he wanted...and it went bad!

I remember running a lot in the first week, reporting errors, bugs and closely following everything... there was a consensus that there was a lot wrong, the format was very wrong... but the person in charge blamed everything, except the way it was done the system.

After 1 year it was to reach the simple point: Training, Classification and Racing... simple as that!

Put the Alpine GT4 on free tracks, race every 30 minutes and spread the word!! Make the Hype happen again! It will be difficult, as many are tired of the promises...

Make sessions with GT3, choose a time (example: Saturday at 18:00) and the TOP Split will be broadcast on rFactor 2's Twitch and YouTube.

The game is excellent, day and night, sun and rain, contact between cars... it has EVERYTHING to work!

ebeninca, lagg, pkelly and 2 others like this.