Nurburgring 1967 dreamers

Discussion in 'Locations' started by juanarg70, Dec 3, 2021.

1. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Ok emperor. So the trackmeshes I send you work okey? You dont want the other meshes to see how they go. I can put that together if you want. The track was published with the following authors being mentioned: ¨Original tracks made by Nick303 and Motorfx, then merged and improved by Kackbratze for rFactor¨. I will try to contact them for permission, I let you know of any update on this. I dont know exactly who should I contact for this. In previous messages someone said permission from motorfx should't be a problem. Maybe someone here can clarify this.
    Cheers

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

juanarg70 likes this.
  3. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

This will be a dream come true if it happens. I think myself like many others just want the joy of using this tracks in rf2. We mention the Pope in the credits if they want it:p:p

DJCruicky likes this.
  4. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I've just contact William Tricker about this. Fingers and toes crossed!

Mauro likes this.
  5. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Yeah it had the physical mesh as the road folder. and i merely copypasted them in, i will have to take this to blender and reuvmap the pitstraight a bit but it should be okay after that

Mauro and juanarg70 like this.
  6. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I forgotted I put those meshes there to separate them in the .scn using the output file. Great then!!!

7. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i partly reuvmapped the carusells and the concrete at the startline, i also gave more polys to the uphill tunnel in the pits so it does not shake the car so much anymore

Gesamstreckte Mod 1.png

Here is the newpoly surface of the concrete turning, i also reshaped it with looptools relax so it flows smoothly Gesamstreckte Mod 2.png

vava74, Max Dralle, Emery and 3 others like this.
  8. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Package it already hahaha. Just kidding. I dont know if AIW file creation and managing different variations of the circuits could be a hussle. Was there a variation that included Nordschleife and Südschleife in one track?

9. EmperorOfFinland

Im pretty certain i could just slap the enterance parts to the track and it would work fine. for each one, but i dont know how to make the different trackconfigurations per said so it might require some work on that

10. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

[​IMG]

I think each track variations has a separate folder with those files. It could be the same copied folder but only changing the AIW.. maybe the cam file?. Although each .scn should call for different xsectors planes.

11. EmperorOfFinland

i think that would be like that and its not too hard to make, the main issue is the AIW file and to actually make it drive good on the track. That requires someone who knows how to drive.

12. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I'm sure theres someone here that can help us out with the aiw. Thank you Emperor its looking fantastic!

13. EmperorOfFinland

I think the track needs a rework on textures, im currently quite busy with modding myself so i dont have time to take full time overtaking like this to be honest so if im working on it i will do it slow. the biggest issue is the AIW, i would drive it myself but i cant use a wheel at the moment. the main issue is that the track is extremely bumpy so i cant drive AIW that easily´, it will require a long trainingperiod to know the track. I could make rudementary AI file though

14. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I wouldn't go crazy to rush it if I were you. If Tricke gives permission it could go out as WIP with the rudementary AIW and no textures rework.

bears likes this.
  15. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i gave the track a rudementary AIW file and also splitted the roadsurface to small enough segments so it does not cause the game to break up the surface due exceeding polylimits. There is still couple gaps on the surface but i need someone to log the surfacegaps so i can take the parts to blender and fix them over there.

So now the track is driveable but its missing the crowds. and i think some optimisation on shadows and such needs to be made

Mauro likes this.
  16. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

What do you mean by ¨log the surfacegaps¨ I have 3dsimed and 3dsmax. Maybe theres something I can do to help.

17. EmperorOfFinland

ie drive around the track and see where there are gaps that are visible on the edge of the mesh so i can have pictures on how to combine it to the current track, i can give the track back to you so you can take a testdrive

juanarg70 likes this.
  18. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i gave it to you, so now you will go and drive the track and search for surface gaps around the circuit ie gaps between the roadmesh and the edges and you log all of them and put them to this thread.

So i will then take the version i have on blender and i will merge the existing gaps on the road for the next phase to fully fix the mesh. as i got other projects to do this will help me to do it faster if you log it well as i can just look at the picture and then go to blender and fix the gap and repackage the GMT file and repair the gaps on the surface.

19. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Okey Emperor.. I'll try to do that. will post here any updates.

20. EmperorOfFinland

So i can mod something else for a while and then i have all ready so i can just take it to blender and merge the resulting gaps pretty easily