Released GTE Update - January 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Please bring this to their attention again as well:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ine-in-vr-showing-the-ui-border-ingame.67845/

David Short likes this.
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

@Havner - PM has been sent

Thank you - I do believe this is being looked at but will ofc check up and give it a push too. Thank you

atomed, Atsuki, Manfredk2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Stockers

Stockers Registered

The Porsche at Le Mans is slower by around 2 seconds a lap. This & the GTE BOP needs looking into. Are the BOP changes tested before release? If they were the above would have been identified. Thanks

4. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I personally don't want to see all cars have exactly the same performance, there should be slight variation, I am reading that some cars are faster in a straight line as if its a problem, are those cars slower in the corners, then its not a problem. If BOP is taken too far then we may as well only have one car.........

McKiernan likes this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Read this, it explains BOP and the reasonings for it:
    https://www.studio-397.com/2021/02/release-gt3-balance-of-performance-february-2021/

6. Stockers

Stockers Registered

But I don't exactly want to see the Porsche 2+ seconds slower a lap to the other cars. That's ridiculous. I would argue there is no BOP in the first place.

7. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Marc, sorry I did not make myself clear, I understand the reason for BOP entirely and it needs to be in place but BOP is or at least should not be about making the performance characteristics of all cars exactly the same, as in real life handicap situations effectively a BOP is applied to make the race SERIES competitive. In sim world we have the advantage that we can measure the overall performance and edit the characteristics of the vehicles remotely to achieve this, in RL its done by adding weight between races to even out OVERALL performance. The individual characteristics of a vehicles performance should not be taken away, if one car is fundamentally faster than the others, but it does not corner as well then BOP is not affected. In RL this is done to maximise competition across a series and hence selection of tracks so one car might be more dominant at one cct but not at the next. Now I am not saying that in sim world we should be looking to do that because who knows who is going to race what where but the cars should be balanced as far as possible across a lap without making their acceleration, grip, top speed, cornering speed and braking ability the same. If you do this, then you create processional racing with no opportunity for overtaking and RACING.

Stockers, I agree that if the Porsche is really 2 sec per lap slower, that is possibly not right but (and please don't read this the wrong way as its not intended to be taken as any criticism) is there a chance that you are not driving it to its strengths on the cct in question or would it be better suited to a different cct where it might be 2 sec a lap faster than most of the other cars?

I just don't want to see a BOP that effectively gives all cars the same performance characteristics as that's not a BOP that's just driving the same car with different body shapes! The Bentley for example is a tank, its a bloody fast tank and that engine gives it huge acceleration but it does not handle as well as say the Aston and that's how it should be. If the Bentley starts to handle the same as all the lighter less powerful cars but also looses its acceleration and grunt then we have lost the characteristics of the vehicle in the game.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    RaceNut, Remco Majoor and MarcG like this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the Corvette C8 on the car's DISPLAY the fast lap time and the current lap, coincide and indicate the same time, always the last lap
    I hope that this error we do not have to wait ten years to solve that those of us who use VR, it is the HUB we are looking at

9. Havner

Havner Registered

I wouldn't hold your hopes up looking at their track record with bugs I and many other reported even to the point they were noticed. And even then most of them not fixed till now. It's enough to look at this thread.

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I know partner, that's why I said I hope I don't have to wait ten years, ... although I am very afraid, that more than ten years will pass, ... in VR on the track, changing cars still cannot see all the cars when the number of vehicles on the server are even numbers, ... and they have not been repaired for 4 years, ... and there are still people complaining that if the clouds are realistic or not ...:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

Havner likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I know partner, that's why I said I hope I don't have to wait ten years, ... although I am very afraid, that more than ten years will pass, ... in VR on the track, changing cars still cannot see all the cars when the number of vehicles on the server are even numbers, ... and they have not been repaired for 4 years, ... and there are still people complaining that if the clouds are realistic or not ...:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

reissued due to bad translationo_O