HELP - cannot exit sim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, May 29, 2020.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi - I cannot seem to exit rF2 anymore .... in the new UI and when I press exit it just rolls the end game credits... no further buttons to press so stuck in that final UI screen. Any ideas? CTRL ALT DEL doesn’t help.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Exit I believe is down the bottom. Possibly hidden behind your wheel rim.

C3PO likes this.
  3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Genius!!!

I feel a fool now

geekbus and Lazza like this.
  4. geekbus

geekbus Registered

I signed up for the forum just to say you are not alone, my friend!

I scoured my whole machine, eradicating GHub and everything else, and STILL having to escape rF2 with the Task Manager. And, I have unearthed and re-read this thread, among others, at least three times. I first read it as the Exit button is at the bottom, which I already knew. Finally, I'm like, "wait, he means the bottom of the scrolling page there is ANOTHER exit button." But, I've looked and looked and scrolled to the end 10 times. Then I'm like, "wait, maybe it IS hidden behind the wheel rim, just like he says it is, but it CAN'T be - I would have seen it." So I look there as a last ditch effort, and lo and behold, a big "Exit Game" button just sitting there as clear as day. Oh well. Onward and upward.

5. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I wouldn’t worry guys

I won’t forget the day I spent uninstalling and re installing software, rF2 and AMS2 because my motion system had stopped working. Only to realise I had pressed the emergency stop button.

I say I won’t forget but I nearly did it twice !

geekbus likes this.
  6. geekbus

geekbus Registered

I almost packed up my Fanatec DD1 and sent it back when it wouldn’t power up, until I realized the Emergency Stop button I had dutifully plugged in was in the Stop position!

In fact, I’m starting to think if there a dumbass thing to be done, I’ve probably done it. For sure in simracing anyway!

Scoopscat7 likes this.
  7. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

I made countless changes on a mod and kept going out to test drive it.
    I was so proud of myself thinking i have really made some improvements.......until

Realized I was changing my back up file LOL

geekbus and Scoopscat7 like this.