[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

how do you go about creating a season with consistent AI drivers if the vehicle class only has 4 models/skins for example and you want to have about 22 drivers that are consistent between races? I know you can create duplicates/skins, but can you also alter the driver AI skills and keep them consistent across races?

2. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I don't know how I haven't seen the Championship Manager part of this before. I guess I'm halfway blind.

With that in mind, may I have one request for a future version @Nibo ? There is an option to use overall results for class points here.
    However, I see no option (other than to do it manually I guess), to use class points as overall standings. Like BTCC did in 1988 as an example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_British_Touring_Car_Championship

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

GertjanD, I suppose it is possible with modding, basically creating new mod with 22 cars with skins and drivers assigned. But I don't know how to do this, I don't know much about modding rFactor.

Myrvold, it is complicated by the fact that class points are calculated after overall points table, so I would need to find a way to overwrite overall points again. Add to this numerous other options that need to work properly, like removing worst results, etc... Does not look very likely I will implement this.

Myrvold and GertjanD like this.
  4. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Aww. No worries. This has more options and customizations than one would normally need! :)

5. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Hey Guys,
    A couple of items.
    1. Big thankyou @Nibo as this is one of, if not the best add on for rF2.
    2. Can someone share screen shots of the Live Timing?
    We currently use Live Racers, as seeing if this can replace it?
    3. is there a way to sum Round Results and then we can remove the lowest 2 or 3 rounds from a Championship?
    Reason we look at rounds is so people can skip a round due to other obligations, and we have rounds that have 1, 2 or 3 races.

Thanks
    Justin

6. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

This I can answer. Yes.
    upload_2021-12-2_1-16-9.png

7. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

unfortunately, that is for Races v's rounds.

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I wanted to make screenshot of live timing, but I can not create a mod to start dedicated server, only get errors now... I did not use dedi for a year or two and can not figure it out now, its ridiculous...

There is no concept of rounds in r2la, only single races, so there is no way to sum or drop multiple races at a time.

TheSecret1 likes this.
  9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

10. Chris English

Chris English Registered

We use it as a direct replacement for LiveRacers since they started charging. The built in championship function has been a great time saver working directly with the results files. @Nibo has done a great job on it. :)

You can do manual points adjustments really easily for skipping rounds, it's a bit of manual effort but doesn't take long to do.

TheSecret1 likes this.
  11. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

So, if I understand you correctly. E.g Round 1 is 3 races at Silverstone. Round 2 is 3 races at Suzuka and so on? And you would like to be able to drop a set number of rounds?
    As Chris says, you can do it manually. However, if all rounds have the same amount of races, why not just figure out how many drop-rounds and put that amount of races? Wouldn't that work the same way? :)

12. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Different rounds have a different number of races.
    Some are Enduros, so 1 race, others spring with 2 short and 1 long.

All good. Thanks to everyone for the input.

13. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Ah. V8 Supercar-style. I see. Sounds like a bit of manual labor then! :p

TheSecret1 likes this.
  14. Jens Kohlmetz

Jens Kohlmetz Registered

Big Idea!

15. Hello

As I was asked how to "enable" HTTPS for log analyzer and I did not find an option within (did a rough and fast search only to be honest) I decided to use NGINX for Windows as a reverse proxy.

I do not know if this has been asked and / or mentioned before ... more than 100 pages are way too much to read ;-)

I have attached the very basic configuration file. It can be found in conf directory of nginx package and needs to be adjusted or replaced by the attached file.

A very short installation instruction (log analyzer and nginx on same machine e.g.):
    1. download, extract, install and configure rF2 log analyzer as usual
    2. download nginx for windows at nginx.org
    3. extract the package to a directory you like to
    4. exchange nginx.conf in <nginx dir>/conf
    5. get certificate key and certificate file for your fqdn from e.g. LetsEncrypt
    6. place pem and key file as cert.pem and cert.key in nginx folder
    Start nginx by double clicking nginx.exe (check if it is running in task manager after).

As I am not very familiar with Windows I do not know how to do, but I think you need to create a service in order to run nginx automatically at startup (or an autostart entry?).

Short explanation of the configuration file is written in comments within the file. Basically it accepts connections on port 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS), while all connections on port 80 will redirected to 443 ...

This should enable log analyzer to be embedded into websites using SSL without an error or warning message concerning leaving a secure connection and using HTTP (I think embedding is not possible any longer so log analyzer had to be opened in a separate tab).

Hope it helps a bit.

Regards, Stone

Attached Files:

Nibo, Badboy and Corti like this.
  16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

StoneRacing, thank you. I'm sure it will be helpful solution for people.

Just want to mention, that you can host r2la on https with build-in server. Its described on r2la internal Help page at the bottom:

17. Then I have to say sorry because I have not read the documentation carefully enough; it was a question and after a quick search it seemed that I need to use a reverse proxy or something like that.

Regards, Stone

18. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Just wondering if there is an option to look at overall stats for all championships?
    You can see lots of driver stats when viewing a single championship, but it would be great if you could see all stats combined.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Andy Bonar likes this.
  20. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

How did I miss that!

Many thanks Nibo