Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I will also try it with the Clio´s. Tatuus cars are mostly the "problem childs". They seem to work better than before (maybe some little changes at the corridors are necessary for curbs)

2. atomed

atomed Member

The race was great with the Clios though, the ones didn´t spin were extremely fast even at 100%. Will try the other Tatuus later, but first impression is great job.

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

hm, saw no problem with the Clio´s on my side. Running as always 100% AI, 45% aggression and 5% limiter, 19 ai opponents. Player.json unchanged.

The AIW is nearly 100% original, only did a little tweak for the block line at the first chicane (and of course the corridors )

4. atomed

atomed Member

That´s odd, I´ll try again with them and see the settings. I had no time yesterday so I´ll try to do more research on that today.

5. bears

bears Registered

Hey aiw gurus can someone look at the latest lakeside version from Mike, I have been running the trans am cars there and they tend to just slide off the track especially at the uphill turn after the Dunlop bridge any improvements would be welcome :)

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I´ve done two little changes to Lakeside, a third one has to be done to keep the cars on track. But first to ask Mr. @Mike Cantwell before releasing something

bears likes this.
  7. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Would it be possible to fix the AI line on the no-chicane version of S397's Le Mans? The person who removed the chicanes (thank you!) only did the minimum to fix the AI and they wander back and forth across the track on the Mulsanne straight.

Thanks for all your hard work making tracks better for us offliners!

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

atomed and Corti like this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you maybe mean, that they are driving from left to right there?
    I have made that intentionally, to simulate to get rid of following Cars from the Slipstream. ;)
    But you are right, because of a Lack of free Time, the AIW is only a "quick made" One.
    If somebody wants to improve it, please send me the improved Version, that i can repackage it, to avoid to have x different Versions, where Nobody has an Overview anymore.
    And in that Way, i also update it automatically, if the original Track gets updated. ;)

Hazi, philrob and PatientRF2fan like this.
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Are there possibly any updates for these tracks?

Lausitzring
    Österreichring
    Zandvoort (1967)
    Imola (1972)
    Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (1988)
    Watkins Glen

Lars likes this.
  11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Please specify which car at which part of the track has problems

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Ah sorry.... Formula 1979 mod... unsure if that poses a problem with many track AIWs as they can be a bit "squirrelly".

It was just a general query to see if those tracks had any updates which I could use in my upcoming races. I train (auto-calibrate) my AI... but I don't think it solves all problems.

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I play a lot offline and against AI, watched Mark's videos and got intrigued. But then when I tried and entered DEV mode today, the Main Editor Menu did not show in VR.

Is this a known issue, is there some work around (or maybe I am missing something)? I'd love to fix a few tracks as for most AI is slow but Im only setup with VR atm.

Cheers

14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

AIW editing does not work in VR

B1K3R likes this.
  15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Damn ok, thanks, I'll see if I can find a way around it.

16. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

I am always on the lookout for niche tracks. I just found Autodromo de Tocancipa (Colombia) in the workshop. The track is not too pretty, but the layout is a lot of fun. Unfortunately the AIW does not have defensive lines. Is someone interested to improve it? BTW if you want to race the track then you should use 'standing' start option.

17. atomed

atomed Member

What we do is record the paths in VR and then play the replay in devmode in non VR and save it there.

B1K3R and Emery like this.
  18. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

This is a new one for me.
    Atomed is there a certain step you take to record the path with the replay?

I see a benefit in running many laps and then choosing the one to record.
    I end up recording live and .... ok another lap made a mistake there .... ok another went wide there ... and so on! lol
    I am aware of a technique to just fix one section and this technique would also be very helpful with that too.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  19. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

This way of AIW recording is the biggest find in RF2 history ;)

20. atomed

atomed Member

@PatientRF2fan Let me do a small tutorial post with the steps, I'd like to do it in a video but don't know how.

Corti likes this.