Fundamental Error in tire physics and tire temperatures

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by fasttuning, Nov 16, 2021.

1. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

Dear staff, can you please fix your tire physics and become first sim in the world that use real data for tire physics. As a real KZ-2 driver i can say that your all tire physics and grip is worked in opposite way than in real life. I don't know where you find this technical data, but your info is wrong. Last two moth i burn 10 sets of real slicks, i know what i'm telling. But of course there must be some corrections

1. Tire pressure can give tires more heat. If we have cold weather, we must inflate tires more for faster tire temps build up. I drove 10 laps in F4 in 30 degrees and my tires was only 45C. It's a joke. Even young real driver know, low pressure is not a solution for tire heat and grip. Of course it depends on track temperature but overall that's true
    2. Softer car don't give you more grip if you softer suspension to infinite.
    3. Stiffer can can give more heat and more grip with limit at some point and then there is too stiff car and sliding too
    4. There is only one window of car stiffness, where the car have ideal grip and this stiffness depends on grip of the track.

Just made your tire physics opposite way lol. Low track temp - more inflate. High track temp - less inflate. Too soft suspension - less grip because not enough tire load. Too stiff suspension - less grip because of overloading the tires.
    If you just fix this amateur errors in your tire core physics, you will become more friendly sim for real drivers.
    I can't to know all secrets, but this is a base of knowledge. USE IT PLEASE!

2. Davide Arduini

Davide Arduini Registered

Hi, at this stage in rf2 track temperature has no effect on any tyre aspect (behaviour, temperature, pressure, wear) and the lower the tyre pressure, the higher the grip.

3. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

Yes, i know, just want they fix this and racing become awesome fun. Rain conditions is very close to real behavior, so there is only tire fix and this sim become very popular.

Davide Arduini likes this.
  4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I agree; tyres are pretty bad.
    So how do "they" pretent to have proper ffb and stuff as realistic as possible.......I don't know.

It has been like that for ages, but it is more important to build new stuff people will pay for.
    Or make a new UI, then build another new UI and some more......

Davide Arduini likes this.
  5. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

It is hard to ignore and I can understand online racers would get frustrated with opponents just going lowest pressures, no rear bar and driving unrealistic lines.

Modders are limiting lowest pressures and taking away the ability to remove rear bars just for this reason.

I just try to enjoy what is there (lots of good) and the modding is rewarding, and challenging.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll be pedantic and point out that most of the time "No rear bar" actually means softest rear bar setting, as the option to make it detachable doesn't work as advertised.

It can be made to detach by the modder, but I don't know how many will have known they need to do it themselves.

I think the majority of the OP is probably valid, though the "reverse the if-then" logic is just a touch oversimplified.

Anyway, here's hoping for physics progress soon.

Seventh-Gear likes this.
  7. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

I'm am a little bit pedantic too, enough that i looked up the meaning of pedantic! lol