Released Released | BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. vava74

vava74 Registered

I believe that this is a testament of how well this car is modeled (and its tyres).
    That and your driving, obviously.

mantasisg likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I agree, that is the case a lot of times. It is issue I have which comes from incapability of being silent. But in some instances I don't know well enough who is worthy and who is not worthy to share opposing thoughts, opinions, ideas... In some instances people are fair, just have view which they have. Often it is best to just agree to disagree, and leave the rest for the time. I think people for the most part does this naturally IRL, but in the internet it is different. The internet has different weird way the ethics work, IMO.

Not speaking about recent thing about waste/not waste... but the discussion which happened before, even way before few months ago, about this car not having good grip. I believe me and others debunked it very well with logic and experiments and comparisons to reality. Is it a bit of disappointing when opposing party never acknowledges validity of arguments and just disappears, or does not bring new level of contra arguments ? Absolutely disappointing. But it is not a problem, because in effort to oppose incorrect statements people who care learns even more about the subjects. Salvation of others from their own ignorance is a thing only they should care about, and it is not a problem till there aren't too many of them pulling us all back into dark ages. Which in this case would be nonsense physics in simulation and no interesting content, that would be dark.

pkelly likes this.
  3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

there is a sound bug, when the car is stopped with engine OFF, there is a constant chassis noise sound.....

Sim_Player likes this.
  4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yes that's a big bug, even with the engine ON, I can listen it....poor ears.

Sim_Player likes this.
  5. EViLSLuT

EViLSLuT Registered

Thanks for the update :) Should try this soon, it looks awesome, but too busy with F1 races/timetrials

6. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

For that guys defense, who said the fronts wear out too quickly, i have to say that with aero balance being too much in the rear (as it is by default btw), that is what happens with the car. It wont rotate enough to have equal wear in front and back.
    It leads to overdriving very easily as it feels it just wont turn. And it also makes the front tires feel wooden.

Maybe @
    Kevin van Dooren
    or
    @
    Remco Majoor

Could give him a setup that rotates enough to have equal wear. So he could see that you dont have to overdrive the car like that.
    The car ain't easy to drive tough when you have a rotating setup, with all that horsepower.
    At least for me, i have to have relative low rear wing for that to happen properly, and to get even wear.
    Im not as pro driver as Remco and Kevin so my setup for sure would feel too hard to drive. I have few setups that give me equal wear, but they are slippery af, so im not gonna share them for now. I need to get more into tuning that car before i can share a setup. as i feel there is more mechanical grip to be found and also more rotation to be found without having very slippery car.

atomed likes this.
  7. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

I have driven the car mostly in the fixed setup series, which used the default setup.
    I had basically equal wear.
    My own setup was a few clicks away from default:
    less diff preload, less wing and softer front arb.

Remco Majoor and Kelju_K like this.
  8. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Wow. silky hands and 8k resolution ankles you got! :D

Looks like im overdriving the car aswell then on default setup. cause the fronts feel bit wooden with it.. maybe my G27 ffb just dont have the fidelity to notice it (overdriving, or the grip in the fronts), as i dont really.
    I always make my cars very front sensitive, so i don't have to overdrive it, or accidentally do so.
    usually my cars turn well with weight transfer alone. I usually dont have to turn the wheel that much...
    also make them turn well on brakes so i can trailbrake far into the corner so i dont suffer any low speed understeer either.
    Im not saying there is anything wrong with the car or even with the default setup.

If its me overdriving the car and this is what it takes to stop exploiting the tires, i welcome it full heartedly.
    Anyways, i have setups that i can drive an have even wear. they just are not that shareable yet :)

Kevin van Dooren likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Kelju_K any rear wheel drive car can be driven to exaggerate front or rear wear. Whether you need to drive in either of those directions to be fastest, and how that plays out over a race distance (whatever length that happens to be) takes a fair bit of careful and skillful testing or analysis. The posts from "that guy" earlier didn't exhibit either of those, hence the skepticism.

It's common, and it goes both ways (Driver blames car; team blames driver), but in the fairly likely event your driving is contributing you need to be willing to accept and learn from it. It sounds like you are, which is good.

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. vava74

vava74 Registered

I think the main point here is people complaining and stating as fact that a car is not good and that S397 should "correct it" when it does not meet their skewed and unrealistic expectations.
    They want GT3/GTE-nanny-car driving regardless of the actual car, with the aggravating factor that in rF2 GT3 and GTE are already more forgiving than they should, so their starting point is even more skewed towards "easy".
    I can't drive the Class 1 consistently and I love it precisely for that fact as it's factual that I should not be able to drive it.
    I prefer to complain in the precise opposite situations.

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. Kevin van Dooren

Speaking for others, assuming what kind of car behavior they want and why, does not add anything to the discussion.
    It all just sounds a bit condescending :rolleyes:
    And besides that, difficult does not mean realistic, it's not a fact that a slower simracer should not be able to drive the class 1 car.

McKiernan and juanchioooo like this.
  12. vava74

vava74 Registered

Consistently, no. It shouldn’t.

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

as a free car, I won't hold my breath for a soon fix....

14. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Just like Kevin, i only drove the fixed set series

Kelju_K likes this.
  15. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Just did a 5 laps race in spa, and recorded it.
    Watched it and noticed, that every little mistake on braking, leads to overdriving, to get thru the corner trying not to lose too much time for the mistake.
    I had couple of such mistakes, so yeah. definitely driver induced extra wear on the fronts.

After 5 race laps and inlap, my tire wear was:
    FL 78% FR 75%
    RL 84% RR 83%

Laptimes:
    2:15.509
    2:08.566
    2:08.790
    2:09.358
    2:09.509
    ---
    Raced against 100% AI, started 10th, but gained 6 pos in the start. withheld that pos 4 to the end.
    heavy real road preset, 0.8x multiplier.
    Weather light coulds/sunny 13, 15, 17 18 18'C

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  16. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

https://ibb.co/HGrKhRg
    https://ibb.co/fxb4NN6
    Cant get these pics to embed... so links above..

Edit: F*** them pics. here's the video of the race:

Other than the few mistakes, i don't spot myself overdriving the car that much?
    The setup is now v.3 usually it becomes publishable around v.6 or 7
    I'll share it here when it's done.
    Hopefully i can beat the AI then with it, but damn, that's tough cookie..

P.S. the game looks rather good in the video, eh?
    P.S.S it doesnt actually. i dont know what happened. but the quality is poor this time in you tubee. and starts to stutter at the end. og capture was fine... i'll investigate..

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  17. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

you are both dutch right? there should be a rule for dutch to be able to only drive fixed...
    cause the dutch advantage:

Remco Majoor and vava74 like this.
  18. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Kevin is Belgian though

19. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

ah my bad. his name just sounds very dutch to me..

20. Kevin van Dooren

Never trust Remcoo_O
    Or the LMVS Monza stream....
    I'm dutch;)

Remco Majoor and Kelju_K like this.