Latest Roadmap Update - October 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Nev

Nev Registered

Offline championship ??????????. Real changes to a reskin of previous UI ????????? . When will we see some real canges sorry these roadmaps was 80% nothing then oh yeah putting back in a feature we removed.
    Sorry but its time to see some real goodies!!

2. Nev

Nev Registered

Oh yeah sorry small thing of (sarcasm) AI tyre compounds !!

Schumi likes this.
  3. Nev

Nev Registered

The above posts are my frustration just boiling over from another year where all the major changes required and asked for are not even mentioned in these roadmap updates.
    Some acknowledgement of Issues with AI , Rain (AI pitting ) , Tyres etc .... would go a long way . People are dropping off and new users not coming so if you prefer to work on le mans instead of the core of this sim your choice but not a good road to go down exscuse the pun .

Adam Helyes, Kahel, Schumi and 9 others like this.
  4. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

Woohoo! Name tags!

Wait? Opaque and twice the width of the car... how will that work when I'm following a train of cars through a bunch of corners that goes up and down? We will want to see the track.

Fire up rF1 or even AMS 1 and take a look! Just the names... no fancy-schmancy... no numbers... nothing... we don't know the number of they guy... the names... just the names... K.I.S.S.

We are not the AC or PC crowd here. We're rF2.

Juergen-BY and McFlex like this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

"With that RC build right around the corner, we aren’t going to get into those details right now, we think we will save that bit of excitement for the release notes of the build when it deploys in the near future."

First time I read the Roadmap I probably skipped this very important line. I really think they've kept the roadmap quite vague because of genuine reasons and reading it closely it seems to be releasing quite early in November... New physics features and I am sure things like Rain Drops will also be updated. It would be nice to see shadow updates that helped with Performance too!

6. mister dog

mister dog Registered

I don't fancy the sparks he added to AC though, they are a bit too exaggerated. Road car touches a kerb and it looks like I'm in the steel factory.

mantasisg likes this.
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

do you know you have a setting for everything for CSP, you can put a lower value if you want less sparks.......

Elcid43 likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

#sliderswillsavethehumanrace

pkelly likes this.
  9. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

Great work Studio397, keep doing. I've a question:
    Win11 is being distributed, have you guys already tested if RF2 is compatible?

10. Magus

Magus Registered

Running Rf2 on W11 with no (comparable to W10) issues and that includes all the software/drivers required to run my system listed in the sig below.

11. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Cmon guys, where's the new RC? And Car blog? :D:D:D:D

12. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I am from the very first build of Indider Dev on Win 11. There were no problems. Everything works good.
    If your hardware is officially compatible, then you can install a new system.
    The only problem I faced after Window update:
    I have 2 monitors. On one, rF2 DevMode is open (precisely while driving on the track), on the second YouTube (exactly during video playback) - my PC suddenly shut down and rebooted. This error only manifested itself in this combination.
    Windows log reported Kernel-Power 41 (63). After clean (not update from other Windows) system installation this problem went away and never showed up.

13. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Car blog next Wednesday. RC would be great. They promised something for early this week, but nothing happened...

Nieubermesch likes this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Please forgive me for ignorance... I have taken a break from rF2 and gaming in general for a few months. I decided it was a nice time to drive in rF2 again. And something is wrong with how game works with my T300 steering wheel. The rotation of game steering doesn't match with my actual wheel. I noticed there are some new settings in our wonderful new UI, I suppose something got broken there. This is so awesome.

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The same thing happened to me but then in devices and printers the steering wheel detected was no longer, in my case the ts pc, it said tx racing wheel
    solve by disconnecting the steering wheel from the usb for 10 seconds, then reconnected and recognized it again as ts pc

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

In my case everything on my controler side is fine.

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. pkelly

pkelly Registered

My T300 was unusable yesterday. Saw there was a Thrustmaster Firmware update and I tried to update. That seemed to cause my settings to vanish. Am about to trouble shoot the issue(s). Anyone else have this experience?

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

windows is the problem with your updates

19. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Could have been windoz. Reinstalled Thrustmaster software and voila...was able to run some laps in Mexico without any setup issues. Hooray!

juanchioooo and Elcid43 like this.
  20. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Hey, you were right! The blog should have been out earlier...

Nieubermesch likes this.