[REL] Mazda MX-5 SpecMiata 1.07

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Also, the default dash cam view is way to high i think. It should be more smth like this imo:

Untitled.png

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Sincerely I never had a similar behaviour. Level 2 only has 6 gears and shift works perfectly both with paddles and H shift, same for all other 2 classes (5 gears).

I cannot replicate your problem, maybe more detailed info or some check to your device/driver... no idea, sorry

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

every body is free to set the pov as prefers, but by default I prefer a realistic view, not unreal view, where you are "into" the steering wheel (that is unchecked)

GRAB_674.JPG

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I m not referring to the POV. I know that you can change the pov through the game settings.

I was talking about the height of the camera (which i have to adjust every time there is a new update). :) But it s ok, it is personal preference.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Ah sorry, are you referring to the seat position I suppose and in effect is what I was meaning in answering but my answer was at first crossed to another post (LOL) and with the wrong words.
    If it is correct, the meaning of the answer doesn't change, because you have the seat position that can be arranged front/back and up/down.
    For the fov/pov I use the default values of ISI and S397 (before they crypted the files).

If I still do not understand, blame me! LOL

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Υeap, was referring to the seat position (up/down/front/back + tilt) which i have to manually adjust to suit my needs, in every update of the mod.

That happens with all the mods i have but i 'd like from the game to "remember" my seat and ffb values in every car update !:)

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Sincerely I did several tests during the development and I never got issues. We can take a look, np, but I redid tests now and maybe the problem you have depends of other factors, like the track you are using (maybe not an official S397 track) or your system/pc configuration.

Here with 50 cars, in front of the starting line, that usually is one of the most heavy points for tracks, I have a very fluid race and, moving to AI, I see avg/min/max = 70FPS!
    With 5 cars it grows to 145 FPS and it is normal other than useless
    In conclusion I can say that the mod doesn't need too many resources also if on my PC I use ALL graphics setting at their max available values and full mirrors at 3440x1440.

GRAB_236.JPG

pkelly and atomed like this.
  8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

This is something that could be set by the code adding a check into the UI. It was discussed internally several times and it is on the todo list but at a very low priority...

Haris1977 likes this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

I didn´t have any issues either with the AI nor with the default position of the driver, it´s just the position I feel irl. Anyway I have trackday this sunday, will confirm :D. @Slow Motion , are you coming? The Atomed Racing skin is waiting for you :p

Slow Motion likes this.
  10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

So it is a feature that can be done / fixed by you (i mean the developer)? I thought it was an issue with the game engine and should be addressed by the S397 guys.

Anyway glad to know it;)

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

It was a misunderstanding Haris, I meant the coder, the developers of the game, S397 employers! Discussed internally at S397, because of I'm (like several other guys) into the "tester" internal team of S397. We test and report, then the list grows and S397 takes the decisions. Beg your pardon sir!

leseb64 and pkelly like this.
  12. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification!

Slow Motion likes this.
  13. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Thanks, I'll give it another go this weekend and report back. I'll try recalibrating my H shifter and also try paddles.

Slow Motion likes this.
  14. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Yes here too - get even little stutter with 15 AIs where other mods run great on same track - ie. Croft

15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Probably because AI mirrors are on, I suggest to deactivate AI mirrors.

16. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you mean the outside View Mirrors?
    That are fake Mirrors, like we use them in all of our Mods, that have a "full chrome Effect" Material with 100% Cube Blend, which is a normal Material, where nothing gets rendered to the Mirror Texture.

I also had some Microstuttering in DevMode while developing the Car, but i wasn't up to Date with my Build, because i normally run Steam in offline Mode and block it's Access to the Internet in the Firewall.
    I now have tested it in the updated main Game (i'm on the "default", not the release Candidate) and it runs smooth with e.g. 15 AI, as it has to.
    I have tested on the S397 Silverstone GT Track.
    And i also never had Problems with the Gears.
    So it is impossible for us to investigate, when we can not reproduce the Problems.

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Thx for the answer concerning mirrors.
    Personnaly I don't feel mx5 AI are specifically heavy in terms of FPS or VRAM.

You made a good job concerning these fake mirrors, love to see this in S397 cars @Paul Jeffrey (sorry I don't know the name of one car dev at S397 to tag the good guy)

18. atomed

atomed Member

19. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Did the FFB change during the update, felt fine last week, really heavy today.

Also, the AIM speed readout states kph, but the displayed speed is in mph.

Great mod though, love chucking these around at dubious angles.

20. atomed

atomed Member

I was just going to point that at low steering angles the real life car feels the same, light. The closer turns though feel much heavier. My sugestion would be to keep the first 60 degrees light and from there make the ffb stronger, specially in low speed turns.