Game crashes

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RoboCAT10, Oct 23, 2021.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I had 10 laps to go in a dedicated server race with just the AI using the broadcast overlay. All of a sudden the game froze and eventually crashed and reset my PC. This happened a couple of days ago but it happened with just a few laps left, but before it crashed I experienced massive framerate loss. This has never happened before so I am stumped why it is happening all of a sudden. I haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of.

2. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

what cars/track you had running, corvette c6 always freaze my pc when going over the grass

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Robo wasn't driving, he's just running AI. Yours sounds like a physics issue?

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

F1Champs and Indianapolis. But I’ve never had issues like this with those.

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

How to I find page file? I also have OBS running, but I don’t know why they would be a problem all of a sudden

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@RoboCAT10 since it crashed your whole PC, check the windows event viewer for any errors that might be related. (literally "event viewer" in windows - you can google it to help find out how to use it, but typing that in the start menu should find it)

Page file / virtual memory can be configured/checked a few ways... here's a page showing how: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-virtual-memory-size-windows-10

But don't worry about its recommendations - normally it's best to leave it set to 'Automatically manage'.

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks. I've managed to get the event viewer going and I an see errors when the game crashed. No idea what they mean though.

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered