To S397:Is NASCAR 21: Ignition the game everyone's been waiting for?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BorisK66, Oct 20, 2021.

1. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

I watched some video gameplay. Are you sure players don't need steering support, car tuning, fuel consumption, tire wear, etc.? Are you sure the players will be happy to see fighters in the sky, a crowd of spectators, a kind mechanic, etc. instead of good physics and smart AI?
    I would expect this from a crooked rookie team, but you have been able to do everything for twenty years. What the hell is this?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Did you think.... that possibly you weren't the target audience for it to begin with?

"To S397:Is NASCAR 21: Ignition the game BorisK66 has been waiting for?"

Filip and atomed like this.
  3. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

I'm just very upset from what I saw. Still ok with NASCAR in rF2. The only thing that would be nice is to change the graphics engine to a modern one. Instead, we get HEAT 6.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The NASCAR game isn't rF3, or a NASCAR mod of rF2. It's an entirely different game with a different target audience. You're expecting something it's not.

5. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

I was expecting a quality and complex sim like ACC. It seems that in vain. Sorry for emotions. rF forever! :)

atomed likes this.
  6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I think it's supposed to be an approachable game for everyone. Sim racing is pretty niche, so they target the large audience. Nascar probably wants that, they use iracing for their sim stuff.

7. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

It is understandable that the game is being marketed as “accessible to all”. But it can be done in different ways, like F1-2021 from Codemasters. Everyone will find something of their own here - from fast rides to fairly fine settings. I hope that something will be done, as I suppose a failure at the start. And my optimism about BTCC and IndyCar faded away.

8. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

MSG explains to investors:

NASCAR Heat Series

which are NASCAR-branded video game products that have a stock car and/or truck racing theme relating to NASCAR-sanctioned events intended to replicate authentic NASCAR racing competition rules and structure.

iRacing
    which is a NASCAR-sanctioned motorsport racing simulation currently available for the PC platform and designed to imitate exact NASCAR racing physics and conditions (including for certain NASCAR racing series).

I think NASCAR has a license agreement with iRacing as an "official simulation" and a license agreement with NASCAR Heat for an "official game". Therefore, it may be difficult contractually to make a Sim like ACC.

9. guenther

guenther Registered

You guys manage to find a the "end is near"/ "everything is garbage" argumentation literally anywhere.

Woodee likes this.
  10. Filip

Filip Registered

You got it all wrong. It's not S397 title, the developers are Motorsport Games.

nonamenow likes this.
  11. datasting

datasting Registered

no words.....
    masterpice of sh...

12. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Realize the title is a MSGM release, but S397 being associated with MSGM and contributing to NASCAR Ignition is a troubling circumstance as a fan of rF2.

13. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

I think this nightmare will be fixed quickly enough. But what I wrote, namely the lack of important things, presented even in games like Grid or Nascar Heat, seems completely unacceptable to me. By the way, https://motorsportgames.com/games/ (center :) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  14. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

no

Filip likes this.
  15. Momotan

Momotan Registered

I watched the videos of the pre release and I don't recognize any of these guys. When Broadbent and Empty box do not get a pre release you know this is geared for the console people who want something fun. I mean i didn't see one video where someone drove from within the cockpit. Where is the mirror? In the cockpit! Anyhow, 90% of the issues it seems are adjustable in the player.json if they left that open. If not, i guess people will have to harass them until they fix it. Even if they refuse to fix it, the PC simmers will be able to figure out a way to get everything missing fixed via simhub/crewchief/finding where the player.json is. It's console users who may SOL.

16. Filip

Filip Registered

When you provide an engine to someone he can do with it whatever he wants, you are not responsible for final product.
    If the game is buggy it can be for numerous reasons.
    You can never know where the problems lie unless you have insiders info. Everything else is a speculation.

17. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

But in this case S397 are part of MSG and I think they are directly involved in the project.

DucMan888 likes this.
  18. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Yes

19. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

it became a little calmer ...

20. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

who said that game is fully developed by s397?