The rFactor 2 Blog | Tracks

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Tomas K.

Tomas K. Registered

How it looks like with hybrid cars in rf2?
    When come the new tyre model in gt3 pack and other cars ?
    Why we don't have counter for track limits?

2. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Sorry if this question is already on the list. Do old cars, mainly I refer to the most important cars in the Competitions like GT3's, GTE's, Oreca... will be updated to last PBR standards in the inside area?
    Do you have plans to improve TC, ABS, engine maps to match with every different car, instead to have generic ones?

TJones likes this.
  3. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

- Can you change POSLED on AMR GTE? This is only one GTE with POSLED on Windshield. Same like, if you can set the same size of this LEDs on cars in one class.

- Can you add choice LED colors in VEH files via GENSTRING?

- Can you add some LED Stripes or other Decals for Endurance cars like iRacing / ACC and Real live? (lightning bar on windshield, A Pillar, lightning Grill)

- Can you add Endurance Headlights for GT3 Challengers + Bentley and Ferrari, like on 5 old GT3 cars?

- I think - this year would be one year from new UI and we still dont have any tools for Car Icons in new ui

4. Marko

Marko Registered

Hello best developers,

Question, maybe a bit off topic,
    When can we expect fanatec CSL DD support?

Marko

5. Stefano Vidale

Stefano Vidale Registered

1) Will you add new skins for Formula Pro? Like those of the E-Sport championship ( )?
    2)Will there be new collaborations with teams like the one with McLaren?

6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

we are not yet at the v1.0, the version announced soon 4 months ago...

7. lagg

lagg Registered

The hybrid question has appeared more than once in this thread, but i'd like to be more specific.
    Have you planned to implement the hybrid technology in the Formula Pro or a similar car? (with a 1.6 L V6 and MGU-K for example)

8. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

How is the progress going for the online competition, it was said before that once its completed then work will start for single player modes, is still valid?

9. doddynco

doddynco Registered

This is in regards to the consistency of force feedback strength across different cars.

RF2 has a less well known, but well thought out feature to automatically adjust force feedback strength for weaker wheels, and allow ffb wheels that are powerful enough to relay the force 1:1. However, 'steering wheel torque maximum' in the player.json is often overlooked, especially by new users. Do you intend to make this option very clear in the new UI settings, to make sure it is configured correctly?

Further to this, in general, with official content, the FFB multiplier always needs reducing down to 60% to avoid clipping. Why do S397 always set the 'steering torque nominal' in the physics configuration file too low when they release new content? Is this so that people with weak wheels will think the FFB is stronger and therefore better? If this is the case, I would like to argue that a correctly set ffb signal, with minimal clipping, is actually more intense for the driver, and therefore this should be the default. A flat clipping signal does not produce a change in wheel torque, and so does not feel as strong as a signal which is varying motor torque dynamically beneath the clipping point.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Emery and davehenrie like this.
  10. Agahnim

Agahnim Registered

Question for cars blog :

- Do you have any plan to improve car sounds in general ? Which are a bit off from others sims. Even if quite ok at the moment.
    But would you think about adding more immersion throughout sounds, like improving gravel sounds when going offside, bring more "life" to the engine sounds (more detailed/realistic), something like exhaust noises like sparkling/gunshot sound at gas pedal lift and so on ?

- What would you consider as the next big improvement regarding car physics to be even more realistic ?

boxer likes this.
  11. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Registered

Question(s):

Are there any plans to improve the way mirrors can be setup from inside the cars?
    - Now controls can not be assigned from the UI only from the .json file.
    - I think there are no graphical settings turn on and off what part of the vehicle is seen in the car only from the player.json.
    - In game it is hard to get a good reference point to setup the mirrors view.
    - In some cars the resolution in rearview is low pixels (part of the mirror.bmp) resolution. It would be a great that this would be configurable from the UI to trade of fps vs resolution for the mirrors.

atomed likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I disagree.

The discerning sim racer will adjust for minimal clipping (which is a pain in a number of ways at the moment, unfortunately).

The new user will feel weak FFB on their cheap wheel and prefer another game that makes their wheel feel more powerful.

What should be in the game is either 100% (as much as possible) recognition of available devices, or configuration options giving maybe 3 categories of wheel and providing suitable options and defaults to suit. (like the wheel torque setting, indeed)

13. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Dear Dev,
    do you plan to visually represent and simulate (loss of grip) dirt accumulation on tires?

14. Tomas K.

Tomas K. Registered

Why we dont have puncture in rf2 like it was in rf1?

doddynco and atomed like this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Partly, because in rF1 the tyre was 3 lateral points, with performance computed from optimum pressure, camber, and temperature parameters based on current load. 0% wear was a puncture (or running over sufficient debris), and that is easily 'simulated' through reducing the tyre's effective pressure (resistance to deflection) to 0 over time, and reducing grip over time as well.

In rF2 the tyre is physical, so this simplified puncture process would basically require switching off the entire physical model the moment the puncture is initiated - and the puncture itself can't be simulated with the physical model, or at least isn't/wasn't something that's factored into the simulation.

I imagine/speculate the intention was to add something later, and it never happened.

It's really not that hard to understand why it's not so simple. That there's no work around or substitution yet is surely annoying, and takes away a facet of real life that is fairly crucial to simulating racing, but that doesn't make a proper implementation any easier or a simple implementation any less an ugly hack that probably isn't desired.

16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

+1 for this. I think is a "must" especially for f-1 cars:)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Hazi and doddynco like this.
  17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

are the shadows following you on the barriers will be fixed ? I can accept the lack of AI fix, and race alone, but even alone, there is something for ruining the immersion.

18. svictor

svictor Registered

Last year I have done a test by reducing all TreadDepth value in TGM to extremely low (ex. like 0.0000001), and in game the tyre appears to be at 0% wear and still driveable for a few hundred meters, then the screen would freeze and all physics numbers going nuts and game crash. I've read somewhere in a very old thread that ability for tyre to blow up was turned off due to crashing bug, maybe this is still the case? I have also experienced a few times that certain cars (such as Formula RC) ride a curb then all a sudden screen freeze and all physics number going nuts again, and it seems like the tyre was getting a puncture and crash the game, not sure if it is true.

Emery likes this.
  19. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

they said they are working on improving the shadows couple of roads maps before

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm pretty sure neither of those are what you could call a puncture, but the physics going into uncharted territory which causes big issues. Early on in rF2 you could get literally exploding tyres (I mean, metres in diameter) followed by a physics crash - usually accompanied by the car flying to the moon. They turned off extrapolation to avoid that scenario.

There isn't a live simulation of air in the tyres, so a puncture/deflation won't happen.

Emery and svictor like this.