rfactor Pro looks…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Sep 17, 2021.

1. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

I get it. You’re so into VR that there’s no point in going back and forth on this with you. Turn your head in A GT3 with a helmet to look over your shoulder, you end up looking right at the upper wing of your car seat.

I’m not saying nor have I said monitors are more realistic (however anyone wants to define it), but seeing more than what is doable in RL is not accurate and is fantasy. But if someone wants fantasy, that’s their time and money to be spent on.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  2. Filip

Filip Registered

It's not only VR.
    On a single screen I can look back and forth several times per second in rf2. When I look back I see the track and cars behind clearly as if my eyes were located on rear wing.
    Also unrealistic.

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you're right can't look
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

You make apprehension about VR such a personal thing. Village mentality. Either someone is for or against. I enjoyed the stereoscopic view. But actually my apprehension in not using it as part of the norm for me is that I’d rather you guys do it so that the rest of us find out if there’s long term eye damage from using VR hours per day.

But again my point is that someone shouldn’t see more than what a driver can see in RL, stop making it a personal thing.

That second photo, that guy isn’t going to be looking over his shoulder… seat in the way.

That top picture is an older seat that is no longer compliant.

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

something personal? seriously? ... if you can't, you don't want to or don't believe, you are free to choose what you want ... but when I drive I look ahead, except if there is a car next to you, but you can't look at it, it's not true , the head also moves longitudinally and if it can, in fact it is done, but the personal thing makes me laugh, there is nothing personal, what if it is personal is to choose if you want a three monitor or VR THAT IF IT IS PERSONAL .. ... But if you insist so much on reality, enter a racing car and discover that fear does not exist in a simulator

6. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

Ummm … btw I race in real life and I drive simulators to improve my skill and to keep racing affordable.

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I do not know, but it seems to me that you have not used VR for a long time, and if you have, it has not been many hours ... I have also raced in real life, but many years ago ........ by the way I forgot to tell you in virtual reality, when you turn your head a lot you also see the baquets:);)

I use the simulator for fun, but at my age, which is already a lot of years, I no longer improve my ability, in more, I would say that everyday I am slower:confused::cool::rolleyes:

8. ATQ

ATQ Registered

Who looks over their shoulder in VR anyway? VR headsets have a rather limited view (even Pimax is narrower than real life) yet you don't see people turning their heads a lot.

juanchioooo likes this.
  9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

All VR headsets now come with a HANS device attached

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if in formula one hamilton can not look to the sides it was seen in monza in turn one:D;)

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

neither could Max at turn 4 lap one ;)

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

as is, that's right:)

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

Preferring pancake, with one or 3 pancakes, is very legitimate, to each his own. It is true that VR is not so comfortable, still much more than any car I have driven on track, and that you have to look beyond the obvious graphic limitation.
    But, and it is a big but, If immersion is important then their is no arguing, VR, even with a CV1, in my case, is off the charts, a game changer, if their was ever a game changer.

Being in the car, surrounded by the track in 360 degree, in 3 dimensions, everything at the proper scale, instead of seating in a room watching a screen(s) is such a different experience. Still today, after many years of VR, I am so grateful that the technology is available to us, at a decent price point, for all to enjoy.

Driving on a track for real and driving in a SIM is a very different experience, but VR is a very important step to close the gap.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Monitors+motion destroy VR easily, VR feels like a TOY.

this destroys VR too.

this destroys VR too.

this too destroys VR.

this too destroys VR.

I'm so happy since I have sold my VR....it was so awfull....like an autist with a toy, with ridiculous aliased and pixelised graphics with low framerate without GSYNC. The VR users are probably glasses owners, with bad eyes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTVFoC8-XrY

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I am happy too

[​IMG]

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is also well known for being used with rfactor 2, but it has thousands of uses:):):)

[​IMG]

18. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

the ideal configuration is VR + motion sim

juanchioooo and David Short like this.
  19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I still haven't seen a motion rig that gives the right gforces though (not amount). It's pretty much useless how it's done right now.

Vr vs triples is personal preference. Some prefer comfort, some prefer having that depth perception combined with being able to look around.

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

After more than two years in VR (Pimax 5k+ and HP Reverb G1) i am going now back to 32` WQHD triples. VR is immersive as hell, there is nothing what could compete with it. No projector or big screen could give you the impression of sitting in the car and everything is in 3D and in the correct size.

But... i am tired of stuttering image (pink spike issue with my 3090) and bad optimized tracks which stutter or always change to motion projection which means also a short stuttering. This ruins immersion completly for me. Also that i have to lower details that much to have solid 90 fps. Lowering for example shadows to low means for some tracks zero shadows. Also lowering visible AI to 10 because of CPU frametime means popping in and out of cars which also ruins immersion completly for me

There is no right or wrong. Tastes are different. As soon as i can run all tracks free of stutter with 20 AI and good settings in VR i will surely be back

juanchioooo likes this.