A new moderator ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Hello,

I have spent a lot of time in this forum. Lots of happy moments, lots of frustration, mostly highly paid off discussions. Learned tons of things, about cars, about rF2, even about life maybe :D I also hope to have been helpful to some at least a few times. Most importantly I hope it keeps going, and keeps getting better.

However, lately there has something changed. I can't really tell what, can't point to anything specific. But something changed in the forum, I am not sure if for the better, something is just giving some strange feeling. I wonder what that could be.

Perhaps we have a new moderator ? Who, for example, is so fresh and accidently keeps on deleting random threads or something like that ?

I certainly hope I won't get banned accidently or something like that.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  2. Filip

Filip Registered

Maybe it was a time for someone to start deleting repetitive threads and posts.
    I welcome this change. Let's see if forum will be more constructive now.

Remco Majoor, Binny and Ho3n3r like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Oh yes ! I am all for common sense and constructive rational conversations, discussions. Sharing valuable and interesting information. Love and passion for rF2, simracing and real cars and motorsport seamlessly.

For some reason I have been noticing steady decline in that for the last five years across all games. I wonder if that is going to change not for the worse now.

4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I have rarely seen censorship from the moderators of S397, a little from time to time.

What I notice, however, is that without surprise, when we say what is going well on rF2 or on S397 or things a little more distant like the communication, without surprise, no problem.

On the other hand, when at the same time, we say what is wrong or what should be improved, with of course correct remarks, whether it is for example problems of communication, choice and prioritization of developments, slow development or developements failures, to leave aside the constitutive aspects of the DNA of a simulation, etcetera :

Right away, that poses a problem when it is constructive, necessary and almost always respectful.

Sometimes S397 intervenes but generally it is much worse : it is the total indifference of S397, which is very unfortunate or even shocking.

And without forgetting, a handful of fanboys that I would not mention, who cannot stand criticism (constructive and necessary criticism) of rF2 or S397.

This is what I see from years to years on this forum.

And yes, and Discord is the panacea for apparently communicating (I totally disagree with that).

5. Binny

Binny Guest

ISI never really moderated the forum and IMHO its still that way with S397. EXAMPLE: latest rf pro post went to a VR post in less than 5 comments.

6. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Moderator perhaps, but it may be new ownership is more sensitive to criticism and is perceived as personally negative remarks and instead of responding to individual posts decides the best action is to delete entire threads.
    An established competitor of rF2 takes criticism on the chin and regularly responds directly as to the issue raised and defusing the negativity by acknowledging the issue real or perceived and provides real answers.
    Simply ignoring, or worse deleting such grievances without any attempt to rectify or recognize a large portion of your customer base are feeling as though they are not being heard is a fools mistake.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I wonder how long it will be now before this thread is deleted.......

Dady Cairo likes this.
  8. Binny

Binny Guest

i think you might be right as the world has gone crazy sensor shipping everything to their way of thinking, its like freedom of speech is being removed everywhere. you are never going to pls everyone but deleting not putting up an argument or accepting that they are correct, you will only destroy this forum and your integrity with the user.

atomed and F1Aussie like this.
  9. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Especially when you consider that the posts were mostly encouraging S397 to improve and was not spreading falsehoods or demeaning in communicating their displeasure on issues that are recognized by the team and multiple beta testers.
    I hope the new management realize that no matter how frustrated some may be, no one wants to see them fail.
    As mentioned before, a vision statement including some timelines would go a long way in what seems to me a growing waning confidence in the sim becoming a complete package.

10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I have looked and confirm that some posts are deleted.

I had typed a post saying that only rF2 corresponded to my expectations, and that therefore I was not using the other simulations.

I said it was particularly frustrating because, although rF2 has not taken the direction I wanted for 5 years, especially in terms of engine physics and updating cars on the physics level but not only, unlike other simracers who have left rF2 because other simulations suit them better, this is not the case for me and I am frustrated in my favorite hobby.

I have said this content precisely and have been censored.

I just figured it out, so yes there is a curious moderation here, and unwavering respect from rF2 fans/users.

11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

No one is censoring anything, if you break our rules the thread gets removed. We are super welcoming of all feedback and always have been. Nothing has changed. ;)

pkelly and Remco Majoor like this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's why a thread disappearing is strange, and 2 other threads were created in response - both of which are now gone. Not sure what else to say, but if there was something wrong in them some explanation might be beneficial (I'm aware I may not have seen all posts in those threads, but when do some posts warrant an entire thread removal? Was that threshold hit?).

13. Christopher Elliott

If we remove a thread and you create a thread 'why was the thread removed?' that gets removed. It will just be a continuation of the same thing.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, expected that of the first, and pretty much of the second. Still leaves us in the dark on the original.

memoNo1, atomed and F1Aussie like this.
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Yeah, no disrespect intended but instead of just removing why not just close it and say why it was closed, that shows more transparency and respect for the userbase, who are afterall ongoing customers. A message about why closed at least informs the userbase of what rule was contravened to minimise it happening again.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  16. Christopher Elliott

Been doing this for many years, method has stayed the same. I've always tried to keep the threads from descending into a negativity chasm, which happens quickly on any forum tbf ;)
    As for saying we don't communicate or listen, that is simply not true, Paul makes a huge effort to keep everyone informed on many levels, and every dev here makes an effort to help folks out when there's issues.
    If you make a post to just say goodbye because of x,y,z - there is no use in that, simply take some time off and come back if you want to.

17. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

what rules the thread "sad days" that was nuked some days ago has broken? please enlighten us all. thanks.

F1Aussie and Dady Cairo like this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

These threads may or may not have been constructive and meaningful. It might be subjective what is and what is not. Today thread gets deleted because it is creating a negative vibe and doesn't serve much purpose, tomorrow it will be a thread that is highlighting negative vibe, and does serve a purpose.

I actually think it is a great idea to stop playing rF2, or anything once it becomes frustrating for some reason. I know myself that simracign can become a habit and an addiction, I used to launch AC every evening, although I didn't want it that much. Used to keep visiting forums although it made me unhappy. It is nice to have a break. But making it sound like it is some dramatic end of relationship is silly. I have had not played rF2 for few weeks, and I know I will be very happy when I am launching it again. It is always like that. But if everything with rF2 went as some of us imagined it would, we probably couldn't last more than few days without properly craving launching it asap again.

I lost 15kg this year, so thank you for not being too much addictive :D (on the other hand, simracing actually helps to burn extra calories, but walking is better).

pkelly and Nieubermesch like this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's all cool, but that's basically what was being said in the deleted thread. I don't get it.

*Oh, and useless threads? Do we make a list? :D

20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I don't like threads getting deleted for no reason, but i do have a feeling that if I see the thread I instantly knew why it was removed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.