rfactor Pro looks…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Sep 17, 2021.

1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

My priority is and always will be, and very far from realism (physics etc...), so rF2.

But once you've tasted PBR + ultra rF2 graphics, it's still hard to go back.

memoNo1 and juanchioooo like this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The same thing happens to me with virtual reality immersion and I really have an i5 8600k without overclock and now 1080ti but until a few months ago I used the 1070 and it was doing very well
    that it does not look like a monitor is not a problem for me and I enjoy it a lot more

3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

VR is awesome,to bad i stay sick whit 5 minutes of play......but is awesome,dammm,even last week i have saty sick only by seeing a video onbord of a Porsche in the Ring.......to much weed probably......:confused:

dylbie, memoNo1 and juanchioooo like this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have a friend who started and at the second corner he was already fatal, but he managed it by putting himself 5 minutes the first days and gradually increasing until the end of the fatigue was removed, it took 20 days to get used to

Rastas likes this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the graphics are my immersion, with sound....can't go back to VR after using 4k 144hz hdr10 gsync ultimate monitor, it was like playing at 800x600....aliasied and pixelised.

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Actualy i dont have VR i have tested one in a friend house,if i go to VR i need a complet new PC,wich in the moment is not in my plans,maybe in a few years hehe :)

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

I don't have VR tooo, sadly.
    But when I tried it on two occasions it was by far more immersive experience than any ultra smooth high resolution 2D picture.
    And that was few years ago on some Oculus Rift, probably first generation of VRs with low resolution.
    Haven't tried racing sim in VR though.

FAlonso and juanchioooo like this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I started with the Oculus Rift CV1 and although it has some SDE, the immersion is the best ... After five minutes of driving you forget about the SDE ... they perform very well, obviously there are better ones, but as it is one A matter of money is something very personal, if the Pimax broke me I would continue with the Rift until I update, without any doubt.

9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

My crazy dude.. :cool::D

10. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

Realistic with VR in sim racing would be that my view is restricted to what I see through a helmet, which is restricting neck movement. To allow a viewer to look around as if he/she has no helmet on is not realistic at as a simulator.

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

How is this different to a non VR rig with triple screens and 180 degrees FOV?

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

a triple monitor doesn't even come close to virtual reality, ... it has nothing to do with it, virtual reality places you inside a car and you are living everything inside a car, as if it were your own car ... in a triple monitor is flat it has no depth and does not have a relief, not even if the monitors are 50 "inches

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes… you can’t compare the sensation to be there inside the car with seating front of flat 2D monitors.
    VR+motion+bass shakers+ active belt tensioner is sim racing heaven.

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

+1:p:D
    [​IMG]

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  15. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

Same situation. Any FOV more than what is realistic is deviating into fantasy. But the point is still valid.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

So a pilot cannot look to the sides with the helmet? You are very wrong!

FAlonso likes this.
  17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

How would you implement this? Quite interested to see how you would limit vision, definitely in vr

18. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

The idea thing is to restrict head movement and vision as a helmet would. I suppose if turning a persons head always results in seeing darkness, they would learn/be trained not to turn their head.

19. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

I certainly can’t look all, around up and down, and over my shoulder like I could In VR.

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the pilots can look to the left right up and down and that they use the HANS, those of formula one, ... those of gte or gt3 or dtm, they still have it easier ,,,, you are very wrong, anyway what if it does not simulate or approach the simulation more real than VR is a monitor