T300 v T500 - kerb feedback

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Andy Bonar, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

My trusty T500 is now getting onto 8 years old and seems to be on its way out, although I have found a workaround to the problem.
    As I dont want to be in a position where I have no wheel, I bought a T300 servo, as I though this would be the closest option to the 500, which i really like, shame you cant buy them new anymore.

Setup the T300 following a few posts on here, it feels okay, nowhere near the strength of the t500, but thats no issue as I never ran the 500 anywhere near max.

Problem I'm feeling, or not, is the lack of ff when running kerbs. Its barely noticeable when running a kerb.
    Anyone know if this is down to the wheel, and its something Id have lo ive with, or can it be bought back to life?
    Many thanks

juanchioooo likes this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I'm not sure because of the language, ... the t300 is inferior to the t500, you should set the smoothing to 1

mixer61 and Andy Bonar like this.
  3. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

I have had both wheels and the t300 for sure needs more minimum torque to feel the finer details like shifts, brake vib, locking.
    Also ran 100% effect in control panel and less multi in game. Once i set the multi and minimum check for optimal clipping on a track.
    Bumpier tracks really smash the clips over 100. Then I would use some castor adjustments to add or subtract some wheel turning feel.

juanchioooo and Andy Bonar like this.
  4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks guys :)

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the smoothing 1 you will notice more the bumps and all the imperfections of the track:);)