Loading controller profile sets "Exaggerate Yaw" to -80%

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by svictor, Jul 24, 2021.

1. svictor

svictor Registered

In new v1125, when loading a controller .Json profile, the "Exaggerate Yaw" value (default -3, which shows as -80% in game) from .json "PlayerFileOverrides" section will also be loaded, and causing "Exaggerate Yaw" to be set on -80%.

And this value can not be saved by player. Player can change "Exaggerate Yaw" value, but when player save the controller profile, this value WAS NOT saved in .json (remains as a default -3), and next time player loads the profile, "Exaggerate Yaw" will to be set to -80% again.

In the meantime, player can manually edit .json file in rFactor 2\UserData\Controller, find & change "Exaggerate Yaw" value to 0 , then reload.

2. derek44

derek44 Registered

same here

happy to read that solution is working, i'll do the same

3. Corti

Corti Registered

thx for advice mate (moddev too)

4. pety100

pety100 Registered

5. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

Saw that last week,
    For me, the Exaggerated Yaw line in Player.JSON was at zero.
    The one in Controller.JSON, last section at the bottom:
    Line 1508
    "Exaggerate Yaw":-0.8,
    set to
    "Exaggerate Yaw":0,

Something else S397 broke... :eek:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    pety100 likes this.
  6. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Registered

I have had this problem too.

7. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

I have this problem as well. Every time I load a configuration the Exaggerate Yaw appears at -80.0
    If i put it at zero stay there buy if I load the same configuration or oder, it changes again.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  8. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Registered

I think if you change it from -80% to 0% and save the profile, then it will be correct each time you load that profile.

9. Diego Barjollo

I tried, it changes in that moment, but every time I load that profile again, or any other, it appears at -80.0%

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, the load seems to do it.

As above this setting isn't stored in the controller profile at all - it's like the code being run during the profile load is adjusting the wrong value. With a lot of trial and error you could possibly work out if a setting that should be loaded in the profile isn't being loaded (assuming there is one that yaw is being changed instead of) but I suspect it'll be easier to just wait for them to fix it.

Diego Barjollo likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

as a temporary fix, what if you set the yaw to +80? Would the new controller profile load go to zero due to math or reset to -80 due some fault?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The temporary fix is changing the yaw after loading the profile.

I know you like blind conjecture, but that's just silly. And if you're anywhere near your PC it would take 2 mins to test it, instead of posting here.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is because I forget things, so I post them when the thought hits. Today I was busy when that math idea popped in my head. So I did just zip over and post that.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  14. Corti

Corti Registered

Hello again....
    edit the files as SVictor indicates, the controller.ini is modified (back to -0.80) when rFactor is closed, but I don't know how the problem has gone still with the value (-0.80) when I reboot. I also tried read-only the controller.ini but this overwrites again with the value.

Diego Barjollo likes this.
  15. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

Who wants to bet ?

In the next S397 update, there will be more eye candy, the pressures and the cambers of the tire model will still be broken, the Exaggerated Yaw wont be fixed and they'll have broken something else.

SuperMonaco_GP likes this.
  16. Diego Barjollo

Is this all you have to contribute to fix the bug?

17. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

I have been on S397 case for years now. I bought rF1 in 2006. When ISI released rF2 in 2013. I was out of sim racing.
    I came back in around 2016 running rF1 on Race2Play. I bought rF2 then but it ran really weird on my box so I bought Automobilista (rFactor 1.5) and I still run it at the MNRL on CMSracing.com.

When S397 ended up with the development of rF2, I had just upgraded my box and began to race online with it. It was quite good. It had quirks but it wasn't broken.

Since the 2017 S397 update, the staple of rFactor 2, it's tire model, is broken. S397 bit more than they could chew and does not have the expertise to fix it. Period. I read and heard that one on multiple channel, S397 knows how to make eye candy like if they were catering to the ACC's or Project cars' crowd but they can't seems to be able to fix what they broke.

I don't know if your are new to the issue but S397 broke a lot of things in rF2... things that was working when ISI was putting it together.

Just an additional example for you... both of those are broken now:

===========SNIP==========

Well my example sucked. See my answer to Lazza further dowm.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There have been two recent bugs, one the sound dropping to 1 effect and this -80% yaw. Add these to the list, but you are correct, the fix for the yaw bug is just a quick text edit and repackaging.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just tested this. It works.

This also works.

Some of what you say is true, but the BS you post as fact is nauseating. Who gives a **** about your stupid bet?

jayarrbee36 and PatientRF2fan like this.
  20. Diego Barjollo

I don't like gambling. I never bet anything in life, I prefer it safe.

And for the rest, I think you should go to the right place to present your arguments, complaints or whatever you want to call it. This thread is not about that.