Competition System Blog | Week 20

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

leseb64 and lagg like this.
  2. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

If open practice sessions for a series is currently a littler harder for you to do, what about a button within the series page that sets up a offline session with correct settings (AI/no-AI, weather, track etc.)? Within that practice session, the system sends a chat message with a countdown to the next CS session, eg. "Next Q session in 10min". I find it a little hard to setup a offline practice session every single time to get tracktime for the current run track.

Also it would be nice to actually have a thumbnail of the car selection list, when signing up for a series. I always have to subscribe to the content, go back to offline series selection, an the go through the cars to see their liveries, remember the car number and then go back and select it in the CS. Kinda long way

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    juanchioooo and Kevin van Dooren like this.
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks @St54KeV - both of these comments / questions have been added to the next CS blog list. Much appreciated!

Kevin Karas likes this.
  4. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

Will the Virtual Le Mans series have several splits to accommodate everyone?

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Not strictly related to the CS system, and I suspect the answer to this question will be revealed ahead of the next blog post - but just in case, I'll add it to the list :)

Cheers

6. Roman Yakubovich

Roman Yakubovich Registered

CS related questions

Why hasn't GTP/GTC Season 3 BoP been applied to the base cars before the start of the current season? It might not be perfect, but it's arguably better than what we have now, and since It's the first time we didn't receive a GT3 update related to physics and applying BoP doesn't look a very time-consuming operation I wonder why that didn't happen.

Do you make any announcements in social media or Discord server about new series in the Competition roster? i.e. I follow Discord server, but I wouldn't know you launched a GT3 series on the Nordschleife on Sundays without accidentally looking at it while registering for Monza GTC round. Since some do mostly league racing and some generally don't launch the game too often during the summer (hence not visiting Competition tab in the UI), I believe it would be good if you could announce series changes once a "season" so that more people had an idea of what is currently running in the system

Not [strictly] related to CS

I know you stated that you are focusing development of the visuals more than others at the moment, but I've wondered for a long time what's the state of general physics-related features like wind and dynamic surface temperature - are they implemented and "turned off"? If yes, what is blocking turning them back on: lack of your resources, modern PCs not having enough performance to run it or something else?

How far (resources/priorities-wise) are you from adjusting the wet surface grip levels?

How correct in your opinion is the current tyres behaviour on the wet surface? I am mainly interested in what you think of different compounds (softs vs inters vs wets) performance in the most used endurance cars like Oreca and GTEs.

What did you or what are you planning to change in the cars following the last year quarantine series with real-life pro drivers based on their feedback? For example, I might be wrong, but from what I heard you ran some test version of tyres for FR3.5 in one of those events and you ran some test version of tyres for Oreca in WTF1 Spa event, but I can't remember any official changes to those cars.

Agahnim and Paul Jeffrey like this.
  7. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

thanks Paul ;)

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Great questions! Thank you !

9. pig

pig Registered

I checked stufio397’s YouTube Chanel, there is very few content. Is it possible to post more regular videos? Such like beginner intros on menus setups. Intro to setup tips, track guides, racing videos, live streamings etc.

10. Mr Schumacher

Mr Schumacher Registered

What’s the possibility of RF2 multiplayer-CS running similar to GT Sports. I believe their competition system / multiplayer comes second to none in structure. This structure should be appreciated and adopted by a true simulation.

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

How does that structure work?

12. Mr Schumacher

Mr Schumacher Registered

Please try to bear with my writing, it's not so good.

GT Sport has Three multiplier systems. The typical custom lobbies that are created by the user with his interest, etc. There are two competition systems. One is “Daily Races”, this format is broken up into three categories. Based on polyphony’s interest, they will have a car track combo of their desired duration. For example, at the beginning of any given week, you might have GT3’s at Monza, GTR2’s at Spa, and a “one-make race”. This means one car they select that everyone has to use. These races generally have one tire compound that they select for you, with a fixed setup for everyone. This system also gives you a daily way to build your driver rank and safety rating. Like I mentioned before, these car track combos are selected by polyphony a.k.a. Gran Turismo sport’s algorithm. What’s amazing about this structure, is it allows all of their content to be put to use in great variety. I can’t tell you how much money I’ve spent on I racing continent, just for so much o it to be neglected because everybody wants to drive what’s popular (GT3). These daily races are Ranked, so they put you against people that run very similar lap times. The primary function of their ranking being safety. You have the option to join A isolated qualification session, while the timer counts down the start of the race. Your fastest lap time will be saved for the rest of the week unless you set a faster time Within that car track combo. This feature provides convenient pre-qualification for any race your join that week.

The more popular version of the competition system, would be the Manufacture cup, and the Nations Cup. These two are pretty self-explanatory. With the manufactures cup, you sign a contract with certain manufacture for that season. There are weekly races threw out a season similar to Iracing, where they select either GT3 or GT4. Then you would represent that manufacturer with the car class they select. The nation's cup is slightly different, with a similar functionality you represent your nation with the cars they provide each week on the tracks they select. The beautiful thing about all of their multiplayer competition system, is they have timed slots on specific dates throughout the week we’re all you have to do is join and qualify to race.

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  13. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

I understand that this is to send questions about the CS ... So my question is a bit "flawed" ...
    Will we enjoy the Bentley speed 8 in the CS at some point ...? :);)

14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hahahaha that's the most loosely CS related question we've ever had! lol.

Thanks man, I'll put it in the list but cannot guarantee it'll get included ;)

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  15. kartname

kartname Registered

A couple of questions ..

Could there be the possibility of rewarding the podiums of each championship concluded with certificates of participation with name, surname and position reached? A bit like it happens on other sims…, I think it could be an incentive for the participants to put in their palamares

Question n2

There could be the possibility of inserting a world ranking with the various records achieved in CS

Question 3

It would be nice if in the CS the drivers would be accompanied with the belonging tag of their team, what do you think?

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  16. Calum Wilson

Calum Wilson Registered

A question from me....

Over the last few weeks I've been really enjoying the "quick fire" nature of the fun races that the USF2000 server brings up (7mins Practice, 7mins Quali, 7Mins Race). Are you planning to have any more of these? Considering it's quite tricky for some people to set up a dedicated server, I think it would be great to have more "pre-ready, quick-fire" races like the USF2000 with other cars / tracks (all S397 content of course) for people to join?

I appreciate this is seperate to the CS system but I really feel it could get more people trying RF2 multiplayer without worrying about the seriousness of a league race or competition race.

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  17. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

can we have a small permanent championship of sprint race of 20mn with just before a qualification of 10mn with popular series like Alpine cup/GT4, Tatuus MSV F3-020?

Isn't it really, really, really time to release the 1st phase of the online ranking we've been talking about for 4 years?

is a small oval championship with nascar coming soon?

Is S397 planned to look at onboard sound effects, and camTV which is a very important part of a simulation?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Mr Schumacher likes this.
  18. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Q1)
    Have you already completed an interview with Steve Hood of Motorsport Games? If so, when will they be published?

Q2)
    Do you have any plans to have tools for the race director? I think that it will be more convenient than using server commands for FCY and penalties.

Q3)
    When build 1109 was released, the graphics settings for the GPU grade were unveiled. Are you planning to publish a modified version of them to fit your current build?
    Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thank you gents, questions added.

@I_Bellett regarding the interview - yes that is still happening, we are currently just looking at scheduling options to get down to Silverstone and record. With everything that I've been dealing with at home, it's been pushed quite far back, but it will be happening. Once it's recorded, we will look to get it out off the back of that very quickly. Cheers

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Is there now a practice session with timing list that doesn’t exclude participants that have logged off during the session ?

eg:
    Practice 2hr , quali 15mins , race