Released Released | Zandvoort 2021 (Free Track)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 1, 2021.

1. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Just an FYI for everyone: each time you sign up for a competition in CS, you are also downloading information for a "mod". This shows up the same as "subscribing" to some content in the Workshop on Steam. When you are in the rF2 UI, and looking at Packages, you'll see them as MOD type in the listing, like "All Cars and Tracks". Sometimes these may show as readable names, and sometimes like "xxx_yyy_999" or similar; S397 don't seem to be consistent with naming them. On this packages screen there are 4 buttons, but the Uninstall button is never enabled, and you cannot in fact uninstall/unsubscribe from this screen (one of the more annoying lacking features in the UI in my opinion). Now, in the past, I had tried to use ModMgr to uninstall these competition mods and also the outdated content that they reference, specifically tracks. This didn't work: when rF2 starts up, it sees I've got subscribed content and decides it wants to download it. Confusingly, it does this for the mod but then complains there is "missing content" for the old track you also just deleted. So it keeps re-trying. Finally, I went into the Steam rF2 page, and then the Workshop page. In there for the workshop content listing, there is a filter for "subscribed content". This lists the aforementioned content for the competition mod. You can then unsubscribe from this entry, and now everything gets cleaned up. Pretty sure this will also trigger an uninstall of the old tracks/duplicates if not referenced by anything else; but maybe not.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Take a look to your subscribed content in the workshop, check if there is any series that uses Zandvoort and unsub from it.

3. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Why this new version of Zandvoort is not suitable in ModDev, while the previous one was ?

4. lagg

lagg Registered

I've installed in ModDev without problems.

5. FS7

FS7 Registered

Already done that. The only series & content I'm subscribed to are the ones in the video I posted.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

Then i don't know, sorry

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You are subscribed to zandvoort and it has two versions, not bad, they are just different

8. Marko

Marko Registered

S397 is a Dutch company. They don't see blue skies that often.

Rui Santos likes this.
  9. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

I mate
    Yes..right. I deleted my Mod Dev, then I downloaded again from Steam a new Mod Dev...and now I see the last Zandvoort.
    But.....But...now I'm no more able to choose specific mods; I can only see my mods ( in Mod Dev ) through the generic section of AllTrackAllMods. If I select a specif mod, and then I " Accept" it...the game crashes to desktop.

Nice example of the fantastic game stability of RF2....when You have it working right, the day after, without making any change, You risk to have troubles. But this is an old hstory

10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Tracks are not shipped to ModDev by default, and if they work by just dropping into ModDev that is just a happy accident, not by design. If you wish to deploy a track to ModDev correctly you need to extract all the mas archives correctly and reconfigure the paths listed in the SCN file. This is not documented, and we provided Loch Drummond as an extra example track instead.

philrob, pkelly and lagg like this.
  11. Mark_D

Mark_D Registered

Thanks a lot for this track, it looks great and it's so detailed. Defintiely one of my favourite tracks to drive in the sim.
    I spotted some freshly painted curbs in the special in the Formula Pro broadcast, can we expect these soon as well? That would definitely be the icing on the cake
    [​IMG]

atomed and GeraArg like this.
  12. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Yea! Cloud physics in rF2 are so much better than in other games.

13. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

was the 2017 version deleted from the workshop?