[REL] DRSShiftBeeps

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Nov 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, I'm not going to announce "Fixed!!!!", but I just did a few back to back tests and so far, fingers crossed, it's looking ok. I still had a fair bit of junk in there from the original plugin I split this off from, should have cleaned it all up, done that now. Hoping I haven't subsequently broken anything but so far it seems fine.

Still limited to 10 shiftmaps at this time, next step will be making that unlimited. Changes I just made should cope with having missing shiftmap numbers in future.

@M Lynn Give that a go :D

*Should also say, generally there won't be a need to remove any files from this point (when 'installing' a new version). If an updated version needs something removed first I'll be sure to make mention of it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    badun and Vance Le Garde like this.
  2. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Thanks, seems to be starting up ok now :cool:

3. slz

slz Registered

Hi Lazza!
    Does this plugin work with the Formula E DLC? (2 gears, pit speed limiter available).

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't have any FE content, but I doubt it. Is there a need for it? I thought the nature of the driving would make shifting points irrelevant or too variable.

5. slz

slz Registered

Indeed for normal energy limited races it wouldn't make sense, but it would still be a nice thing to have for qualifying laps.

6. AmanSiddiquie27

AmanSiddiquie27 Registered

i hear the start up beep and the session start beep but no DRS :( any help?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"Session start" is likely the DRS beep indicating DRS is available, and usually means the track doesn't have DRS zones configured and it's available everywhere. Check that and try a track known to have zones - a DRS-enabled HUD should give you that info.

8. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I am probably being stupid but can’t see how to assign controls in the new UI?

Am I missing something obvious?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, you're missing something very NOT obvious :p

The names of the plugin controls aren't pulled into the new UI currently. So the first plugin controls in the list that you haven't assigned to anything else are probably the ones for this plugin. You'll need to assign and test.

10. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

:D Thanks Lazza

11. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Hi @Lazza!

After last update of rf2 this plugin is giving me an error when closing rf2 (attached). It's working fine anyway, but just notifying this error.
    I've been using this plugin for years and it's awesome, so thanks for your work!

Attached Files:

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm. Interesting. I'll take a look at some point, haven't run this for a while myself.

Have you tried backing up its config file and starting with a new one? I can't remember there being much in there, but just as a test...

13. Roman Yakubovich

Roman Yakubovich Registered

I never had this plugin installed, but started getting the same crashes on game exit after the update to 1125, so the plugin might not be the issue

14. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Sorry @Lazza!
    It seems I've diagnosed it wrong, I was trying disabling plugins one by one but didn't it right, made me think it was DRSShiftbeeps but it's OK.

The plugin causing the error was DAM, not this one. Installing the last version fixed it (I had 0.8.1.0 installed causing the error).
    Thanks for your attention!

Roman Yakubovich and Lazza like this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thanks for checking mate, and also glad the latest DAMPlugin fixed it :D

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@Lazza Just letting you know this one works in LMU too. From the shiftbeeps archive I dropped fmodex64.dll into LMU root folder and DRSShiftBeeps.dll from the \Bin64\Plugins folder into the plugins folder in LMU and works as advertised.

Lazza likes this.