Problem with track screens in VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, May 9, 2019.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello everyone, I hope I can explain the problem correctly, since already in my language (Spanish) it is complicated to explain because it is an effect that can only be appreciated with the VR view (Oculus Rift in my case)

The problem is in the tracks that have the track screens (I hope they are called with this name in English) configured to show the same image that we see on the monitor.

This with a normal monitor (or 3 monitors) looks great, but from a VR headset it happens that, in the same area of the screen, we see different images, corresponding one to each eye.

It is impossible to recreate this effect in a "2D" image but I assure you that it is extremely annoying and that even if you do not stare, it gives a feeling of considerable dizziness.
    To put it in some way, the image looks as if you cross-eyed ...

If with the VR placed on the track and I put in front of a screen of these, when closing one eye I see an image and when closing the other I see another one, that although it is almost the same, it is focused for another eye.

At first I did not know why these screens were so dizzy, but in the end, fixing and testing, I discovered that the problem is that "unites" in the same place further away, the closest and different vision for each eye.

If with an image it can be confusing, now imagine with an image in movement, projected on a screen where you move in movement ...

I expose this in case someone knows if there is a solution for this problem or if there is some method to disable these screens in the circuits that are abused.

Thank you and best regards.

2. JParra

JParra Registered

I have tried to make a graphic outline of the problem.
    On the left is as shown in a situation with normal monitor for which they were designed.

On the right the problem that arises when applied to the double screens of a VR headset
    [​IMG]

3. lagg

lagg Registered

You have to edit the screens and change the shader to disable the "video".

4. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello and thanks for replying.

Is it not possible to disable something in client or server to avoid editing the files?

Thanks again.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

As far as i know, no.

6. JParra

JParra Registered

After two years of this post and a switch from CV1 to Quest2, I find myself with this nasty problem again.

After all the updates and new features of rF2, is editing the circuit still the only solution?

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

this happens to you with the parallel projection activated?:rolleyes:

8. JParra

JParra Registered

I don't know what that means or where it has to be activated :(

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

player json

"VR IPD Scale": 1,
    "VR IPD Scale#": "VR IPD Scale: Adjusts IPD distance
    between eyes. 1.0 = default IPD
    distance, as reported by the HMD,
    below 1.0 = reduce, above 1.0 =
    increase",
    "VR Projection Mode": 0,
    "VR Projection Mode#": "VR Projection Mode: 0 =
    default, 1 = not in-plane displays
    HMDs",

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....llel-projection-in-vr-pimax-5-8k.62437/page-2

10. JParra

JParra Registered

I have tried to activate the "VR Projection Mode" in 1, but I do not see any effect in VR and the problem of the circuit screens is not solved.

I have read a bit about the instruction and it seems that it is something that affects the Pimax. That's right?

I really do not know where I should look to know what "VR Projection Mode" does but of course the problem is not solved.

Thanks.

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If in Pimax it helps because the screens are not horizontal I think, but it still helped if you had a double projection, it may be that I did not understand your question well and maybe I am wrong, if it does not help you I am very sorry forgive me