Select a different sound from Upgrades.ini

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by JParra, Aug 23, 2021.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello community.

I'm trying to change the sound of a car using the Upgrades.ini file so that drivers have the option to choose between the modified and the original sound.

The problem I have is that, whatever I do, when they choose the modified one, you can no longer go back to the original.

Even if you put the "Original" option first and then the "Modified" option, the original is loaded as standard, but when you change to the Modified and then return to the Original, it is no longer saved, always remaining the Modified.

This is the (Very Short) code that I am using. I don't know if I should include the "Instance =" line or what I should put.

Code:
    UpgradeType="SOUNDS"
    {
        UpgradeLevel="Modified"
        {
            Description="Sound Modified"
            SFX=VS_INSIDE_POWER_ENGINE_1=5.9, ArchiveMASUpdate\ModifiedFile.wav
            SFX=
        }

UpgradeLevel="Original"
        {
            Description="Original Sound"
            SFX=VS_INSIDE_POWER_ENGINE_1=5.9, ArchiveMASOriginal\OriginalFile.wav
            SFX=
        }
    }
    What could be the problem?
    Thanks and regards.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@JParra I can not test it Today and Tomorrow, but can you try it without the "empty" SFX= Entries (they are not needed for Sound Upgrades) and i also would remove the Space between the Comma and ArchiveMASO...
    Does that help?

3. JParra

JParra Registered

Thanks for responding, I just came to comment that I just made it work.

I have simply "invented" an "Instance" because I have seen it that way in the example and it has worked. If it has been that or something else, the truth is I don't know, but it works in both directions, putting the originals first, without any "SFX" line, just the description and then the "upgradelevel" of the modifications or vice versa, if I want that by default, the update is applied.

The code, summarized, has been like this:

Code:
    UpgradeType="Sonidos"               //Type of upgrade. This can be named anything
       {
         Instance="LVL1 Sounds"      //What instance in the GEN file to modify
         UpgradeLevel="Racing"  //what level of upgrade
         {
            Description="Aumento del sonido de fondo a escapes de competicion, para darle un aire mas racing a la conduccion desde dentro"
            SFX= "MODIFICATIONS HERE"
        }

UpgradeLevel="Originales"            //what level of upgrade
         {
            Description="Sonidos de serie del Mod"
         }

}
    Thank you.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@JParra That is a bit strange.
    A few Days ago i also worked with some Sound Upgrades and everything worked properly also without an Instance= Entry.
    Now that it works for you, have you again tried it without the Instance= Entry?

5. JParra

JParra Registered

I think like you, that instance does not make sense there and surely it will have been something else that has fixed it.

Now the package is uploaded to the server and distributed to the rest of the pilots, but as soon as I can, I will try to remove that instance to confirm that it does not make sense to put it there.

Thank you very much for your answer

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Why did you make the original sound an upgrade also?
    I always took the first as original and left the field open; it didn't have to look for anything. Second one then, was the upgraded sound and I let it look for that one, then I had a path/name installed.
    Had about 25 upgrades on one car :) but didn't have problems.

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Thanks for your Reply too. :)
    I just want to know, if your Upgrades work without the Instance Entry too now, because, as said, i never used it for SFX Upgrades and never noticed a Problem.
    And what @Navigator has said is the "normal " Way to use such an Upgrade.
    But it also should work properly, when you link the original Sound File in the "original" Upgrade.