Released Released | BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

what version you guys are using for the paul richard?
    I used this just to test that out:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795363999
    i used my silverstone setup as base and did some minor changes to it.
    basically just longer gear ratio, and higher differential lock on power. minor camber adjustement. thats all.
    The setup is no means perfect for paul richard, but quick test with it i can get thru the last corner with min speed of 81kmh

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

@pety100 , @mantasisg
    Ok. Checking the video. i may have dropped to 80 km/h...
    Never the less, to say that the car has no mechanical grip is just wrong. I have said this earlier in this thread too.
    I mean only few km/h slower in that turn than F1 car, ain't bad (alltough Lewis made a mistake just before entry and it definitely cost him a lot of speed there). But still, the speed with the bimmer here proves there is no less mechanical grip than in other S397 cars.
    The line i drove was far from perfect, and certainly there is room for improvement (for this corner too), with finalized setup for the track. I will make one, when i have time.

Granted, the default setup is quite aero based, and even tough not bad at all, the suspension is set up to only high aero grip, and lacks mechanical grip as is.
    But there is mechanical grip to be found in the setup. It just needs some digging, as usual.

But anyways, here is the video of it.

The corner it self is, very "understeery" if you can call it that. My slip angle was quite extreme, but that was more to do with bad line, than anything else.
    I publish the finalized setup here, in this thread, when get it done. In the mean while, dig around the setup. The grip is there for sure.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    mantasisg and atomed like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

That looks like pure magic to me :D I could never dream to make this turn that fast and with understeer so smoothly. Big shout out to guys who find themselves going at barely 50km/h there, you have still lots to learn, good luck.

I would suppose that realistically this car/tire should have even bigger static friction/sliding friction ratio. But it is already quite challenging to slip. So perhaps it is good. There is tons of grip with it, the problem is that it is such a beast, it is super easy to make it slide, spin tires... I actually prefer new Tatuus, for me it is a lot more down to earth, also I think it has perhaps perfect tire or it might be just so because car is much different.

Yesterday I drove this BMW and Tatuus with their rain tires in wet at Algarve mod. It is super fun. I found BMW on wets and the Tatuus both to be awesome. Perhaps BMW was bit more skating around, but both was rather awesome, I think just as on dry on the wet too I would have expected BMW to have higher peak grip before it starts sliding, but it might be just that it is such a beast.

One unrelated note. Am I the only one who is always a lot slower than AI in the wet than I am in the dry ? That happens with most cars, I wonder if I am that slow in wet, or the devs just use some wrong estimations when adjusting AI for wet performance, as it otherwise requires quite a lot of additional testing.

4. atomed

atomed Member

I´d say the AI´s natural traction control-like cyborg reflexes and robot like steering-pedal handling make them extremely good at wet surfaces. They´re almost unbeatable. I only could match them at Patras with the GT3s.

memoNo1 likes this.
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yep..:D

6. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Here is the setup for the Paul Richard:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NvyeREpfMAMlAQXAaPM59kKJlauNo4YD/view?usp=sharing
    Not perfect, didnt had that much time on my hands, but goes as base setup for tweaking it to suit your driving...?
    Video of 2 laps with the setup.

To make a race setup from this, i would raise rear 1 notch (both sides), and set brake bias 1 notch to rear, and add fuel obviously.
    It' is possible to add even more mechanical grip, but that needs more roll, and possibly delays throttle opening in most corners as a result. ymmv.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    juanchioooo, atomed and davehenrie like this.
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

Hopefully that Richard guy will be satisfied with the setup. :p

Ho3n3r and Kelju_K like this.
  8. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Could you possibly share a setup which makes this happen for you? To rule out bugging of your game install. If it is reproducable by others, im sure it gets more attention by the devs.

And please, just share the compete setup from your cloud drive, to save everybodys time.
    Thanks.

9. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

i will try that tomorrow, and report back.

Sim_Player likes this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    Ho3n3r, atomed and Kelju_K like this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

thank you very much for the setup

12. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thank you, we will look into this.

Sim_Player likes this.
  13. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

good evening, please I need a SETUP for the Atlanta Motorsport circuit, that tomorrow I have a race on the competition system, thanks

14. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I wasn't able to reproduce this.
    maxed out rear packers with default setup, and no crash, no weird sounds either. I only had few minutes to test this, and did it on Paul Ricard as it was last track i was in.
    could you tell me the track where this happened to you? I try that tomorrow again, with bit more time in my hands hopefully.

Edit. now that i think about it, i suspect some kind of pitstall collision bug in the track you were having this issue. Does this happen elsewhere?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

-I too just ran Silverstone, first with the default setup, then with max packers.(6.0 you were correct) Aside from feeling like there was no rear wing, there were no serious effects. I'll try your just posted additions later today...

Sim_Player likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

^

What he said...

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Lowering the ride hit caused my wheel to jerk left and bounce against the stop several times before locking up the sim . My GUESS would be there is not enough room for 6cm of rear packers when the car is lowered. I have to leave AGAIN, so no time for further tests
    suggest someone gradually raise the packer values1cm at a time combined with minimum ride hts. find out at what point the conflict occurs.

Sim_Player and Kelju_K like this.
  18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Sim_Player and Kelju_K like this.
  19. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Good suggestion. And you are propably right about the cause too.

I would also advice to set wheel FFB to very low value for testing this, and with logitech etc wheels, just dont do it at all. The plastic gears inside are possibly in danger with violent undesired ffb motion like this.

Good find @Sim_Player , and thanks @davehenrie for finding the time to test this. Also @Stefan_L_01 , that was hilarious, and good find aswell.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Sim_Player likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Somewhere between 5.0cm and 5.5cm. On another note, my main program is loading painfully slow. The tracks, about normal, but the loading to the UI is taking my system a-lot longer than normal. (that MAY be due to the the game recovering from the previous crash/lockup)