WIP Pitting on a Formation Lap

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by L0P3X, Aug 17, 2021.

1. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Last saturday we suffered an issue during a league race, on the formation lap, a driver blew his engine before the last corner, instead of doing ESC+Drive to start from the pits, he kept it rolling and entered the pits manually, he parked the car on his pit slot, but suddenly his car teleported back to the grid, so people had to avoid him (because of the blown engine)

I was able to reproduce this bug with both Modded track/cars and Official Tracks/Cars combos

https://i.gyazo.com/73cac7068e726e942eed6b89b0d144eb.mp4

Also, although it might not be 100% linked to this bug, you can't actually do a pit stop during the formation lap (might be useful on changing weather scenarios), any planned update regarding this?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    juanchioooo likes this.
  2. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Hi,

In our league we suffered exactly the same bug. I think it was possible to pit at the end of formation lap before. Has there been any change on this? What's going on?
    It would be nice to fix it.

Thanks for answering.

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The vehicles that leave the pit should not make a formation lap, because the rfactor places them on the grid, that has worked like this for a long time, they must go out on the track when the grid drivers are finishing the formation lap, and go to the traffic light from the pit
    saludos javi:);)

atomed likes this.
  4. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

@Coutie Hey buddy, sorry for the tag, just saw that you have been lately searching for bugs here on the forum and I was wondering if you are able to reproduce this one.

Thanks for the work you guys are putting into the game recently :).

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I'll try to look at this next week.

atomed likes this.
  6. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

Just for the reference and in case it is needed, as I saw the "Need Info" tag now, in order to reproduce this you should start a race against the AI (or an online one, ofc) and set the Race Start Type to "Formation/Standing". At the end of the Formation lap, you must pit and stay in your pit box. Once the Starting procedure starts, you will get teleported to the grid instead of staying on pitlane.

Hope this helps ;)