The reason we need the new tire improvements in GT cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nieubermesch, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yes, RF2 can slide and slip - for all the guys who are confused about some of us being critical of it - it's just some of the slides are a bit weird as they look like skating around rather then that kind of on the limit behavior of the car rotating and bring throwed around but with good thecnic. What I mean about unrealistic driving slides are ones where slip angles are weirdly high and the back of the car is suspiciously stable. Setup can help with this, but I doubt such a slip angle should be achieavable in the first place. Gt3 cars actually seem more punishable now. Some other cars with the propper setup you can do some weird skating driving that doesn't quite look like that lap of the Mclaren. That video also has also been shown in other threads like this by the way.

Yeah, that unpredictable behavior of losing the car is probably down to aero? Maybe that day on the track it was windy... It feels a bit like the car suffers some effect from that, but just speculation.

mantasisg and green serpent like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Realize when watching a replay of any ISI based sim, Our cars do not display the fidelity other sims do, compared to iRacing, our replays are more a large collection of spot samples. May cause the cars to look a little less authentic.

3. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I know that. I mean even playing or looking at real time gameplay.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. TheRubber

TheRubber Registered

FYI, the 12c is a 10 years old GT3, slower and less aero dependent cars compared to the current ones. It's more comparable to an actual GT2/Super Trofeo probably. Tires also are different.
    Comparing it to e.g. a 720s GT3 is like comparing F1 from 80s to a F1 from early 2000s.

mantasisg and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, I think the same about replays. In rF2 it seems like some fluidity is lost, comparing to what happens real time. For example iracing seems to have very fluid replays, even super slowmotion there is outstanding. There probably might be few simplifications for replays storage and performance in rF2. Anyway, proper cameras in tracks and also ability to adjust FOV and Zoom manually is just one of many things some of us wish for to become better in rF2.

I love slowmotion (the footage I mean, :D)

Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Back in the days of GPL vs F1C, we GPLers laughed at ISI's weak replays. They have improved greatly, but are still no match for Kammer's squad.

7. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Beautiful videos!

mantasisg likes this.
  8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Hum, quite important detail! Thanks for that.

mantasisg likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Oh yes, that is a good point. But I disagree that difference between 10years older GT3 and latest GT3 car would be anywhere near equivalent of difference between 80s and early 2000s F1 cars, can't be.

I have found one good vid of 720s gt3, being driven somewhat near or slightly above the limit, hard to judge, because I don't know how fast it should go around that track, but it seems it might be properly fast there:

Not as edgy as that Nurburgring record video with older Mclaren, but I's say still plenty of play was there. To be honest looks very fun and exciting. I guess they run a lot lower downforce setting, a lot more less drag for long Shanghai straights. So it probably makes the car a bit more squirmy, but less edgy and peaky. I think this 720s GT3 could possibly be driven in more edgy fashion at Nurburgring with high DF setup and more flat out chad driving style like Kevin Estre drove that Mclaren 12C in 2014. But surely cars has evolved since.

10. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

So much money wasted on this arcadish game. You can oversteer F488 at 270km/h. Feels like momentum is non existent.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the 488 reaches 370 km / h?:rolleyes:

Pawel44 likes this.
  12. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

we'll have all gt3 and gte with new tyres and fixed aero just in time for 2024, don't worry. they're working on it.

Akela_DE, avenger82 and Pawel44 like this.
  13. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

I meant 270..

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I was surprised, no problem, better this way;)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Pawel44 likes this.
  15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You mean something like Live Track 3.0 in pCars2?;)

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No idea, never played it. Just meant what I said.