The reason we need the new tire improvements in GT cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nieubermesch, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Pretty much the video tells it all.

Pawel44, avenger82, J7166 and 4 others like this.
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Why does he drive like that?!

3. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Because its faster or as fast as the most talented clean driver, although there is evidence that this way is the fastest - faster hotlaps at Esports and all of that. The reason they do it is because the tires (most probably) allow this sort of thing with sliding that isn't pusnished enough by either losing time with loss of momentum and car correction or it's simply that some slides and loss of grip can be too easily recovered from. That's the main theories that abound though.

GTClub_wajdi and B. Gant like this.
  4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Iol.. I can’t drive like this with this strange and unreal steering input. For that in the last years I’m driving only offline doing clean and realistic driving style. No way I can drive like this …. Maybe I dint have the skills to drive like this sliding the car into the corners.

leseb64 and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Its coupled with some setup tweaks and probably some lower FFB, but it's not as hard as it seems with the forgiveness of the tires.

Matías Corvino and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  6. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

it's more or less the same problem as on iracing except that on rF2 we add the non protection of the gearbox and we manage to go from 6th to 1st faster than a F1 without blocking the rear wheels!

Kelju_K likes this.
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

how many people can do 1:45.060 ?
    Even if I tryhard, I won't do this time soon...

8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Try this driving manner and come back and we'll talk. Need the know setup tweaks, don't forget.

9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

post a video of your hotlap and comeback first....after we will talk....do you think everybody is Henri Sinik???

tiffarno likes this.
  10. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

No, I am not saying that the lap will need to be that good, but try to drive this way with some tweaks - I've done it myself after trying to go very clean but fast and at Spa I went from 2:19 to 2:14 just the first time driving and tweaking the setups in this manner... So try the tweaks and some sliding and at least after some practice you will see your lap times improving like crazy in this cars (GT3/GTE).

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Short of extreme setup compromise, if you're gaining 2s/min going from 'driving straight' to 'sliding', you were being too conservative with your straight driving.

I'm yet to see this sliding driving (which is certainly a skill) actually be shown to be faster than more proper driving.

You can't keep stating your anecdotal example here as some sort of indication of relative speed. It doesn't work that way.

12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

For gods sake, this again. This tires allow too big slip angles. I thought that was a given? Supposedly new tire development was going to amend that? I saw a comment under a 2017 post on the Mclaren 650 GT3 that the way to be faster was to go sliding, and by many people... Jusy like we've been hearing for a long time. I don't understand what's so hard to understand. The fastest laps I've seen around were by doing this type of driving in the cars that are faster like this.

Also, I gained 5 seconds at Spa, not 2... The first time I went with throwing the car to corners with no much care at all, not big skill... If you think this is how it's supposed to be, be my guest. Most people who've seen this things agree that the tires needed revision and S397 is delievering on other cars, so I'm not seeing the reason to be antagonistic about it.

Pawel44 and Kelju_K like this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

have fun :

haripin drift at 00:30

14. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Wtf? Are you showing me a know game that is not really realistic to prove what? That RF2 is as unrealistic as F1 in certain cars? Good job! ;)

mantasisg likes this.
  15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have examples for every games, tell me what game you want. it's to prove you that only the best of the best can do this, it's world record dude, so the N°1....

16. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Lol, no, this is not only the best of the best that can do that. Ever since I layed my hands on RF2 I felt that GT3 cars were easier to catch then I had expected and I could drive them with no much care at all around corners - no real aero balancing needed. Some sims will be easier to control the car on the limit then others... So, I am not sure what you are talking about that only the best of the best can do something like this. I'm not even saying that you need to beat them or be really close, just that you can beat yourself by not doing that much with a couple tweaks and probably a FFB setting that isn't that strong I guess.

17. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I challenge @Lazza to show me a video beating times like this doing driving like this. I never seen it, so I am waiting for that, since you aren't convinced!

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

in Dirt rally 2.0, you can play with the Group B cars with a steering rotation of 180° instead of 900° if you want to be very fast.....choose what you want....
    About rF2, at my level, it's not an issue, I prefer a sliding car than a car on a rail like the famous game I won't talk...

Can you do post a video of your best time on Monza with the Mclaren 720S, I'm curious.

19. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I've never driven that car to be real fast, but I will be doing that and see what kind of times I can get by doing a clean but agressive lap on Monza and then one with the kind of driving displayed by Henri (wich most Esport guys on the top do, by the way...).

RF2 even with the FFB set to lower than real or substantive values feels to easy to catch some cars under certain situations, to me there's no denying that for me. Even today I was making a roundabout with my car with street tires and I was going probably max 60 and I lost it a bit ok the rear, starting to rotate and slide. It was easy to catch it of course, but it felt somehow easier then to catch some of the slides in RF2 done at 4x the speed... That has to make you think about it...

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Read my post properly please, and don't put words in my mouth.