Latest Roadmap Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Wow this Roadmap is really awesome!

Finally all tattus get their update.
    That’s very good.
    I hope Road Atlanta gets its PBR update?
    It's such a fantastic track.
    It would be even more insane if you offered this track to LS at some point.
    but at the moment I'm busy enough with Monza and the Porsche Cup Car.
    An amazing challenge.
    But not to be topped.

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Atlanta Motorsport Park ;) Road Atlanta is a mod track and is already pbr

memoNo1 likes this.
  4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

AtlantaMP is fantastic.
    Really hope it is this track.

5. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Everyone: Any chance of a decent simulated drivetrain/clutch? Or a user friendly server hosting system? Or an AI fix? Or proper environment/temperature simulation? Or some more advanced tyre physics like punctures or sidewall damage? Or improvement to the sounds?
    Or an improvement of the damage model? A car with an awesome V12 or some nice historic content?

Studio397: Errrrr... we have new helmets.

Just kidding, keep up the good work! I'm on a sim racing hiatus at the moment, but hopefully I'll come back in Autumn and there'll be some significant developments with the core of the game by then.

avenger82, RDG, DaREALMastaD and 9 others like this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Ah yes your right!
    Atlanta Motorsport Park.
    Love it...!

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Still waiting for your Mustang... :cool:

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A fix for the sounds issue needs to be rolled out ASAP.

When we moved to steam, and again when the development process was reviewed, there was talk of being able to release updates more quickly. Now even the RC updates are slowing, and after weeks/months they get moved to the main build with some minor additions and much fanfare.

If there is an isolated issue like this sound bug, it should be a couple of weeks at most to fix it or implement a workaround and get that into both the normal and RC builds. If the process doesn't allow that then change the process.

Of course this isn't the only issue, but it's a good example of a moderately frequent and isolated problem. Dead json files are less apparent but should also have been actioned within months - I believe it's about 3 years now.

Slow progress in feature additions, can be excused. Ongoing issues that stop people playing the game need prompt fixes. Endless broadcast overlay updates mean nothing to people who literally spend weeks unable to play the game.

Emery, avenger82, mel1c and 17 others like this.
  9. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I'm still waiting for a decent gearbox/clutch simulation. There really is no point developing an old car when you can change gear like a modern F1 car with a paddleshift. The sad thing is it wouldn't make any money to implement this, so it makes no business sense to do it. The current sad state of affairs in sim racing where eSports has taken priority over purist simulation.

10. basement_jeff

basement_jeff Registered

^^^ this a thousand times.

It is the MAIN REASON I cannot get my friends to play RF2.

Also, please add a keybind for FFB strength. Please.

Hazi and mesfigas like this.
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Has the implementation of SSR brought about reflective car surfaces at night? I have not played rf2 for a significant amount of time now and one of the many reasons was that at night racing the cars look cartoony with no reflective surfaces from light sources hitting them.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

SSR so far is reflecting road surfaces, most notable in the rain. My biggest complaint is at some tracks, the track marshalls with the orange jumpsuits look just like the reflection of a cars taillights. You think you are catching up to a car when suddenly you see two marshalls standing there instead.

13. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

+1

RaceNut, basement_jeff and memoNo1 like this.
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Lol, that all sounds a bit strange.

15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't be fooled. Eventhough there are a few issues with the current SSR implementation it's a considerable step forward. From my perspective rF2 has the best representation of a realsitic looking wet surface and it generaly looks great how light and stuff like that are reflected. This doesn't look too bad if you ask me:

16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I use it everythime in RRRE.
    Quick and very useful tool.
    No switching more between ingame and UI..

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    RaceNut, basement_jeff and pilAUTO like this.
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I wonder when the interiors are going to hetcan overhaul? A couple of years ago now it was in their plans to update interior quality, shaders etc to match with the updated exteriors. One of The comments was that they were going to do something revolutionary that no other sim has. It has been crickets since then. its a shame as we spend most of the time in the cockpit view when racing. No point improving external gfx if not doing the internal ones as well.

18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Paul Jeffrey
    @Christopher Elliott
    @Marcel Offermans

Hello Paul.
    Can you tell us something about the improvements that the community wants?

[Any chance of a decent simulated drivetrain/clutch? Or a user friendly server hosting system? Or an AI fix? Or proper environment/temperature simulation? Or some more advanced tyre physics like punctures or sidewall damage? Or improvement to the sounds?]

Is there something in the works or will we wait in vain for it?
    I mean, rF2 claims to be the most realistic sim.
    which it still is, despite the lack of features.
    Why are these obviously missing important building blocks not built in?
    It is clear to everyone that something like this does not work overnight, but at least a statement whether you are working on it.
    You yourself attach great importance to transparency.

avenger82, RaceNut, Stockers and 5 others like this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I agree, it looks great. But not absolutely. The dark tarmac around paddock seems strangely too different. The objects ahead pops up too late in reflections, very noticeable with tree reflections. And there is something wrong about reflecting stuff that is just above the car while you drive under those objects (such as bridge).

I don't agree totally. Yes there is no point, but on the other hand there is - do it for yourself and just don't cheat yourself and drive it like it is meant to be driven, even if rF2 is wrong enough to allow totally wrong handling of gears shifting with manual cars with clutch. I guess S397 is just waiting for people who are interested in these cars to pass away. Although they do nothing with physics overall, it could be something they would prioritize, but I doubt it.

Speaking of Mustang, if you care what I have to say, I have 60s Mustang physics on the works too. And I also face what seems to be rF2 limitation that makes it not too enthusiastic to continue on doing such car. I am talking about solid axle simulation. Did you notice that something doesn't work alright with it ? Hint - chassis compliance , roll and pitch are messed up. In terms of mustang I would put revision of solid axle simulation even higher than better drivetrain simulation. But I am not stupid and I realize that S397 doing anything about solid axles is even more unrealistic expectation. Unless KartSim guys would kick it, or Motorsport Games would force it because they will need great kart physics. Although karts themselves don't have much compliance and chassis flex is more important, still I believe issues in solid axle simulation could possibly hit simultion of karts too.

20. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Really without exaggerating :

As a big fan of rF2 for 8 years or so, I totally DESPERATE to see any significant, sufficient in number, and satisfactory improvements in physics.

I've been saying over and over since the arrival of S397 that physics should be the top priority.

I have always said it politely and with constructive remarks, but it has never seemed of interest to the people at S397 looking at this forum.

Without counting the fanboys who for 5 years cannot support the idea that one says that S397 has bad priorities.

But no problem, we will have Esport broadcast esport broadcast esport broadcast.... BEEEURKKKKKK, after a while.