Now THIS is a great summary of OUR user experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kevin Karas, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Devs (speaking of S397 members generally) will sometimes speak of something being added to a 'list', whether it's a bug or some feature/fix to be looked at. Over the years various roadmaps have mentioned various aspects, and that's analogous to a list.

They're also devs, selling a game, and they're obviously not done with it. So there's some sort of list of priorities.

If not seeing a list is a problem for you, I think you'd be missing the point.

2. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Well, thats cool! Seeing your forum sign up time I assume you are new to the rF2 world. Welcome!

I wonder what do you define as user experience? Do you own any other sim racing products to compare to?

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

The response to each of the top 10 issues , if any at all , would be "we are looking into it"/ "it's on TODO list" as it was for last few years:)

Filip likes this.
  4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I think Michael Borda is the only one. But I may be wrong.

5. Filip

Filip Registered

Naturally they can't say sorry guys we don't care about that.
    In rf2 I believe in something only when it gets released. Experience ;).

Binny likes this.
  6. Filip

Filip Registered

Sorry, how to take you seriously after that :eek::p

7. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I don't know if it has to do with it, but since a few weeks ago, when you hit the last exit, the game got stuck with the RF2 logo and I had to finish the process from the task manager. I have also appreciated that it takes a lot longer to start the game. Test from 5 minutes ago: it took 1 minute 17 seconds. Before I think it didn't take half the time. Then everything works perfectly and without slowness, even when it crashes when leaving it saves me the videos and the telemetry correctly.
    Fixed here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/long-boot-time-fix.64329/#post-1075162

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  8. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Okay perfect. That's a place we've all been in. Until you find out about the problems one day :D Until you want to consistently drive in a league. Until you notice how bad netcode and car behavior of other drivers is, what the setup Hacks are, what problems occur in team endurance races. I can keep on going :D
    I don't see iracing in your list. That's okay as it's expensive. I'm not a fan boy I also own all Sims out there and appreciate their pros, but iracing is one of the most impressive Sims out there in terms of user experience. It just works! No matter what you do, AI or official online, league or endurance. It's just soooo easy. From setting up your equipment to driver change in an Endu. I could bet there will be a day when you are frustrated with rF2 and give it up for another sim. But for now I'm glad you enioy the experience

9. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

What's absolutely unbelievable to me is how S397 is pushing esports and broadcasting, while seeing the cars move on track is such a big pain to watch. That's actually the reason I don't watch it, although I like watching Sim racing esports.
    Having the cars jiggle around like in a 2010s game, while iracing is absolutely perfect at it for over a decade now just blows my mind over how priorities are set.

10. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

If cars would actually move and behave like they should in replay/broadcast mode, rF2 would honestly be a joy to watch.

11. Filip

Filip Registered

For me loading times are very slow, multiple times slower than any other sim.
    UI is clumsy, unintuitive, slow, too bright, with many faults. Missed opportunity.

All this doesn't stop me from playing, on track is what counts the most.

FS7, juanchioooo and pilAUTO like this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

perfect iracing? are you kidding? LOL

13. Filip

Filip Registered

That's probably something that is not easy to fix, it could be the core behaviour of replay engine.
    I agree that iRacing replay are fantastic, in a league of its own.

FAlonso likes this.
  14. Filip

Filip Registered

He is not kidding. Just look at that

Edit: start at 10:04

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, if he's not joking, let him go there, let him not waste time here, I don't want to play rental games, it's a ruin

16. Filip

Filip Registered

He was discussing quality of replays and I agree with him that iRacing looks closest to the real thing.
    If you don't want to play iRacing that's fine. I don't like superhero movies.

17. Binny

Binny Guest

All sims have their faults, problem is not 1 tells you what they are working on or fixing and what is prioritized. Transparency is what most users want as then they have a idea on where the direction of the sim is heading.1 catch if you know that and don't like it you will move on and that's what they don't want.

juanchioooo likes this.
  18. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

iRacing has a very natural camera movement, this is possible through mods in Assetto Corsa:

In general, all simulators have very little work on this aspect. It is a pity.

leseb64 likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We could talk about that (I think those are a bit too extreme and distracting, and for many series a handheld look doesn't look right) but what's being talked about above is car movement. When it comes to cameras there are many aspects that could be improved, indeed.

RaceNut and juanchioooo like this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Graphically rfactor has improved a lot, pretending that it looks like other games would go into physical depression, you see how Automobilista 2 has done, it has been a disappointment for me

something else is the new interface and other older problems