AMG GT3 Setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simonk, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Wondering if someone can help me with car setup for the AMG or if the car is just broken. I'm racing it at Spa this week. I've had good success in it at other tracks such as Monza and Misano. I'm in the ball park at Spa but just can't get it through Eau Rouge smoothly. Worse though is that if I'm following another car through there, the aero wash causes the rear end to come around on me which always ends spectacularly. Does anyone know if there's a ride height / wing combo that works ok without killing top end speed?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Merc has always been the problem child, I thought they had addressed that aero wash but perhaps that was only for the GTE cars. If you can run well at Misano, you should be able to compete at Spa. Can you swap cars for this weekend?

3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Yeah, generally the car has been good. The only other time I've had an issue is at Paul Ricard at the end of the Mistral straight, again the aero wash going through the sweeping right has sent me spearing off the track a number of times. For Spa I have got the Aston as a back up but it would be nice to use the same car for the whole season.