[REL] Mazda MX-5 SpecMiata 1.07

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

SMMG Mazda MX-5 SpecMiata
    ==============================
    Build 1.07 November 09th, 2023:
    - fixed warning led due to code change by S397
    - decreased shining suit and gloves for rain driver
    - added different wind noise sound level due to new rF2 code

Build 1.05 February 16th, 2022:
    - fixed black rain on certain tracks, due to wrong rF2 code

Build 1.04 January 13th, 2022:
    - tuned driver's suit and inside cockpit (convertible) for new rF2 rain functionality

Build 1.03 November 21st, 2021:
    - added mph option
    - fixed fuel consumption for all classes
    - increased a little water temp for all classes

Build 1.02 November 2nd, 2021:
    - cleaned mod structure

Build 1.01 November 1st, 2021:
    - fixed rear lights for Spec1 & 2

The mod brings to you 3 classes where the first one is the Spec Miata MK1, NA model, 1600cc., 123hp and it is strictly closed to the racing real car. Then we have added 2 more classes, kinds of track day cars like several owner have modded in the years and inspired to the newer MX-5 cars: the "Spec1" that is powered by a 1800cc engine, 140hp similar to the NB model and the most powerful "Spec2" 2000cc, 180hp, 6 gearbox and 205 tire size similar to the ND model.

Steam version: --->https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2566656276

Here is the link for manual downloading: --->https://mega.nz/file/74pXRa7A#KaPk17BexKD-ByCt2dnImWHaQYg0kSHbRMmAxsYiKEc

template: --->https://mega.nz/file/r9ZyGDTI#phlRmZvvVhWJWuwBH3u-3FOGG5sCSLousPKAPG2tcY8

For painters, below the special material names to be used:
    Extra0="Helmet_Rain"
    Extra1="Driver_Rain"
    Extra2="Rims"
    Extra3="Cage"
    WCWINDSHIELDIN and WCWINDSHIELDOUT for banner
    ...others as usual

================

Terms of Use: This mod is not to be used in public or corporate events held by public or private companies (such as simulators) without the expressed permission of SMMG. For such circumstances, the email address listed below can be contacted for licensing agreements. Each file of the mod cannot be edited and/or re-used in whole or in part for any reason without the express permission of SMMG. Do not redistribute, upload, modify or sell any of our work. For permission and licensing queries, please contact "marcrotondi@gmail.com" - PHYSICS from real data of manufacturer found on the web. THANKS TO: Chris "redapg" (physics and 3D) - Slow Motion (project leader, physics, 2D, painting) - the original authors of the mod (PlickBadger and MikeeCZ) for the permission to re-developing the mod with any possible improvements to the latest rF2 features - SPECIAL THANKS to David O'Reilly, former MK3 pro driver for extensive tests, detailed tech info and settings for each class - "Parts of this mod were taken from rFactor 2 and are used with the explicit permission of Studio 397. These parts remain the property of Studio 397 BV and may not be re-used for any purpose, including other mods without the explicit, written permission of Studio 397 BV. For more information on rFactor 2 and Studio 397, please visit: https://www.studio-397.com/".

==================================================================
    It's time to open a new thread also if the "new" mod is coming from the "SpecMiata 1.3" https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/specmiata-1-3.45334/page-2#post-1060966 under full permission of @PlickBadger and @MikeeCZ

The mod is based on MK1 model that was used at the end of the last millenium, LOL
    It will contain the "base" car named "SpecMiata", similar to the real car and then the "Level 1" and the "Level 2" that are inspired to the people that in real life modded their "track day" cars, also with a bunch of fantasy like did the authors of the original mod.

On March I started working on the mod, time by time, improving the excellent work already made in various steps by the original authors and few days ago Chris @redapg started working intensively on the several pending areas that require the knowledge of him!

Due to the tintop and convertible options for each class, I wanted to have interiors allowing raindrops in case of convertible body. We (SMMG) already do it for helmets and driver' suits in the OW mods we release, why doesn't do it also for interiors?
    GRAB_489.JPG GRAB_488.JPG GRAB_487.JPG GRAB_486.JPG

On physics side the original mod is nothing to envy to more recent mods, but will be updated as well with the help of @davidporeilly that raced 2 seasons, 2019 and 2020, with the MK3.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
  2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

OPS... I created the thread in the wrong subforum... now moved here!

Corti likes this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

@bears did a perfect recreation of my real life Miata. If he's okay with that and you want it I'd be glad to share it.with you.

Attached Files:

Magus, svictor, Corti and 1 other person like this.
  4. bears

bears Registered

Of course I am ok :)

Flatspotter, Magus and atomed like this.
  5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

starting some painting for testing the template...
    GRAB_526.jpg

6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Beautiful!

Slow Motion likes this.
  7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Just a quick update. We started intensively work on physics side coming back to the rF1 version, fixing several points in the geometry and PM file and moving to rF2 physics with the Online Tools help that everybody can use for free https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rfactor-2-online-tools-by-chris-“redapg”.53457/

David started the first overall test and now we are going in details setting the mod like IRL, with the various right ranges for a lot of values, from springs to dampers, from steering wheel to brakes, etc. etc... new TBC and TGM tires...

Once the basis "real" MK1 will be tuned, I'll start working on physics of Spec1 and Spec2 giving further info.
    Thank you

8. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Marco for King

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

LOL!

10. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

As always excellent work for SMMG! Of course, I am slightly biased, but bringing older mods back to life is fantastic.

GeraArg, Slow Motion, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I am looking forward to this car with great impatience.
    Because we desperately need in rF2 a street car that we can consider as "realistic" or in any case with extremely credible physics, and especially up to date.

I hope however that the graphics and sounds will be up to par.
    I use as a reference for the FWD cars the 5 FWD cars of the ETCC mod, unfortunately the sounds and graphics of this mod could not be up to the physics.

Each new SMG mod is always eagerly awaited in my case, the rigor in the field of physics is always impressive with this modder.

PirroC, atomed and Slow Motion like this.
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

One of the reason to be back at rF2, thanks guys for your mods, can't wait for this one too!
    With formulas is going to be one of the best around.

Slow Motion likes this.
  13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

one more shot of WIP MK1 in one of its iconic liveries
    GRAB_536.JPG

Corti, sg333, Nick9320 and 18 others like this.
  14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Does this remind you of anything?
    GRAB_544[2037].JPG

GeraArg, Corti, sg333 and 7 others like this.
  15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Quick update: we are finalizing the physics, David is performing few runs of tests for balancing the mod vs. the real car and we are also tuning AIs for the "NA" class, that is the basic model: 10 vehicles (01 - 10) with some bonus, like the David O'Reilly car #12 and more...
    GRAB_558.JPG

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Physics is ready! Last tuning for AI vs. human with intensive tests by @David O'Reilly... In the meantime, just painting few liveries of the Spec1, that keeps same look of the "NA" class with the addition of a little rear wing, but powered by "NB" engine, 1800cc, 138 bhp
    GRAB_574.JPG GRAB_573.JPG GRAB_572.JPG

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Marco, I'm really happy that your great modding group is working on this car, especially the street car.

In terms of content (only car content), AC1 would have a lot more for me because there are absolutely all types of cars, including a lot of varied street cars (even made by Kunos).

FWDs and street cars are appallingly lacking in the S397 offer.

No FWD or street cars made in 5 years.

Does the M2 in CS version have physics really comparable to the IRL car ?
    The Radical sr3 xx is too far removed from an ideal street car, even though it is homologated on the road. I don't know, we're not asking for 10 !

Between 1 and 3 S397 FWD cars and 1 and 3 S397 street cars would be good....

I allow myself to tag our passionate friend @Paul Jeffrey!!

Thanks Marco and sorry for offtopic.

18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Physics is at final stage and the Spec2 has been tested by @David O'Reilly: ND 2000cc engine, 180bhp, 6 gear, 205 tire size, rear wing...
    Development continues in fixing some little 3d parts and mappings thanks to @redapg , etc...

Enjoy the 3 classes together, 36 beautiful liveries that are ready for being tuned...

GRAB_582.JPG

VirusGR42, kados, GPNeville and 8 others like this.
  19. atomed

atomed Member

If only we had the permission from Mazda to use this one in the Competition System, that would be a dream come true.

20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Do we have any eta for the mod?