Talent file - how to

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by seamount, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Thanks, did all this except for not using the moddev version but the retail version. Unfortunately cannot get it to work.
    I used the barber rcd and before that the cart 98 rcd file as a base.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If packaged properly with a mod, it won't throw up errors in your trace file. If it's not.... there will be many mentions of a missing RCD in the trace.

3. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Hi, Roninho
    Did You used such low speed values to test the effect of changes, or to give to drivers that speed?
    10 or 30 of speed are not surely realistic in their effect…
    It’s a pity You can’t work in Mod Dev, because it’s more easy and quick to make tests

4. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Hi guys, wanted to give an update. After a lot of work i got it up and running for the F1 2007 mod.
    In the veh files all references etc to the class was f1_2007 however it took me a long time to realise when playing the game there are actually 2 versions in the mod, f1_2007 and a single player version. I was playing the SP version, so the talent file was not named correctly.
    After that it still took me quite some testing to make it work, but in short the solution for me was:
    * Correct class name. i made a version called F1_2007 and F1_2007_SP and included both
    * the talent file needs all the drivers in it (so not a different file for a different team)
    * the talent file added to the MAS file that has the tbc files in it (the tyre files). It's in this case the one with _main in the filename.
    * This talent file with all the drivers in it needs to be added to the relevant mas file for all teams (if you want all drivers to work according to the talent file). So in the Ferrari_main mas file, in the redbull_main mas file etc.

Thanks for all the input :)

PatientRF2fan and Hazi like this.
  5. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Hi Nicola, the 10 and 30 speed was purely to make sure i could see a lot of differences in the laptimes

6. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Don't the rcd files go into its on mas file which is then packaged or added with a mods other mas files?

7. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Indeed, it's not necessary to put RCd file in a specific mas file, called talent, like one could see for some old ISI mods.
    RCD file must be included in the group of mod files, in the rcmfp.
    The demonstration of this is visible in last, recent S 397 free or DLC mods, where You can't find any Talent mas.

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Just out of Curiousity... did anybody ever create a Talent Component yet and did it work?
    I ask, because i tried it with a "Script" (Pit Crew) Component a long Time ago and that was ignored by the Game.
    The Advantage would be, that you wouldn't have to edit and repackage or update the whole Mod.
    You simply could create a virtual Mod with the Car and the Talent Component and use that.
    Greetings @Nicola59 :)

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

yes

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Thanks, good to know.

11. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Greetings @Nicola59 :)[/QUOTE]
    Thank You, Chris