MGS and Rfactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nieubermesch, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

So, after some time has passed and we've been seeing an accelarated development of Rfactor2 with a brand new car (BMW) that is more unforgiving like the community wanted and a formula car I didn't try yet, how are you doubts now compared to how it was when the big news came out?
    I see only positives until now! Have to say I am very proud of the developers.
    Thanks.

justposted, EricW and atomed like this.
  2. EricW

EricW Registered

There are many reasons to be positive imo.
    And yes, the latest releases DLC and free content are AAA level.
    While staying true to a high level of simulation, which should not be to easy.
    Hopefully the complete experience, small issues and UI will follow soon.

atomed and Nieubermesch like this.
  3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Dont know, but my guess is that all these recently releases were in pipeline before MGS. But if the future will continue like this, it will be awesome.

EricW and Nieubermesch like this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes indeed, so far the signals are very positive, sets up to very optimistic feelings. I hope this is the direction of rF2 becoming high quality polished product in years to come with simulation that will leave no doubts for anybody. And also bringing flawless base for themed simulations that Motorsports Games are up to.

EricW and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

I don't see any change, personally.

I new track, a new BMW ( brilliant though it is), and a new GT3 on the way.

Still no redesign of the UI, no AI fixes, no long standing bugs being addressed or even scheduled to be fixed.

So, I'm currently on the fence.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There was indeed very little, yet big comparing to how slow things are moving and how wobbly results sometimes are, and yes it was mostly content related. The quality of new content is not bad, it is pretty good. As for software and key stuff, there definitely doesn't seem to be much. They keep on moving some graphical stuff forward, but improvements on other stuff like AI and physics that so many guys are starving for does not seem to be near to even be mentioned. They probably just can't take on it in proper way yet. Probably still figuring out what spaceship did ISI give them to control, tremendous duration of work on UI must have not helped on that.

I have also just recently moved from old UI, I don't like new UI more than old, but little improvements like in-car autoexposure and some others are little things to have being in latest build still makes me happier, still something good.

Life is life. You want to put up with most realistic sim, you also must face other realities as well :D But maybe, just maybe it is going to get much better soon.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

"That’s about it for the things we can talk about going forward, rest assured these are just the very tip of the iceberg here in rFactor 2 land – we’ve got PBR updates, new licences, new cars, feature improvements, bug fixes and many other things besides all cooking away in the background – but more on some of those topics another day. "

September to december will be busy, with Forza Horizon 5, BF 2042, Farcry 6, Back for Blood, AoE 4, S397 has to release many many content, if not I know what to buy and play.

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats promosing lines from roadmap. Tip of the iceberg sounds good. PBR updates are always welcome. New licenses and new cars as well. Especially, if they are changing to their new improved tire logic. It would be awesome if it wouldn't be only newest modern racing cars, but by now it is obvious that only that is what comes to simracing from officials anyway....

What sounds best is "feature improvements, bug fixes and many other things". These are always welcome, still no mentioning of physics or AI, it probably isn't, but still great to have moves forward besides just content.

@AlexHeuskat Wow, you are such a gamer. And Far Cry 6 ? Wow time flies. And I was thinking to play Far Cry 1 again, don't care about all those others. The modern industry of games is mainly waste of time TBH But it is for children ofcourse, who cares about most valuable time of each persons life - the childhood lol