Multiclass racing / AI choice and skins

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Sep 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Maybe what I want is not going to be a problem with the new UI.

For you to understand I give an example :

As part of a multiclass race, if I choose for example 5 cars.

The first car has 1 skins, the 2nd has 5 skins, the 3rd has 10 skins, the 4th has 15 skins, the 5th has 20 skins. Currently, with the system in place, if I choose 41 AI for my race, I go for my multiclass race to have something like 1 car for car #1, 5 cars for car #2, 10 cars for car #3, 15 cars for car #4 and 20 cars for car #5 : this is not what I want !

In this case, for example, I would like something like 8 cars for car #1, 8 cars for car #2, 8 cars for car #3, 8 cars for car #4 and 8 or 9 cars for car #5.

Thank you !

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  2. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

It will still be a problem with the new UI upon release as they haven't made any changes yet to how opponents are selected. Hopefully it is something they address though in the future

DrivingFast likes this.
  3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I totally agree, that is the system we should have. This is something that has annoyed about RF2 ever since I been using RF2. I really hope S397 can implement this system in the new UI. Selecting opponents has always been a pain in the ass. There seems to be no standard wording for car category or classes so it ends up as mess in the opponent list

4. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

It's more enjoyable to be shot in head than create a simple Single-Player race in rF2.

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

And you already tried that ? :D

6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I agree - there needs to be an easier way to select AI opponents. Recently, I created an off-line race with LMP3s and GT3s and I would only get 1 or 2 LMP3 opponents and the rest GT3s. The only way to get more LMP3s was to repeatedly boot GT3s and add new AI cars until I got several LMP3 opponents.

vava74, J7166 and DrivingFast like this.
  7. olligreen

olligreen Registered

This topic is still not solved, right?

well, i REALLY hope that s397 will fix this soon. It is horrible to setting up a proper AI field with multi class.

And it would be even really NICE, if you could save opponent filters, so I do not have to set up the AIs everytime i change the car or when i want to race another series. It's just AWFUL at the moment...

Please, please let it happen, S397!

8. Luiz Paulo Abreu

Luiz Paulo Abreu Registered

Second this. Please add an option in the new UI when adding AI (in race menu, voting tab In the new UI) to select which car, as it used to be possible in the old UI, wasn’t it?

atomed likes this.
  9. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Agreed!

10. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

In the meantime (probably forever), you can manually set this things. It's a bit awkward, but it works...so...just set number of AI opponents to 0 before setting session and once you're in a garage, manually add specific AI (select it from the list in the "ADD AI" dropdown) that you wish to use. Thing is you need to remember which car is that you want to add, since most of the descriptions follow "#{some_number}{car_brand}" format.

11. Luiz Paulo Abreu

Luiz Paulo Abreu Registered

I can add certain specific AI when racing offline in a singleplayer session.
    When I join a server, even If I am promoted admin status, I have only the option to call for a vote to add 1 or 5 AIs, but I cannot choose which car / driver to be added.
    Do you know if there is a workaround for this, maybe an admin command?

12. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Sorry, not familiar with server setup.