BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paulfield, Jun 23, 2021.

1. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

It is not a criticism of the car or the launch, it is a criticism that there is no specific plan as far as content is concerned. Everything is improvised and we are fleeing forward.
    Sure the car feels great, but I doubt it's a move that will attract new players. Launching a car like that, alone, without rivals or official paintings ... I don't think there is a strategy behind it beyond simple improvisation and getting content without much sense.

williang83 likes this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You have a point, but I think this is the same case as with the Maserati SUV in AC that many complained about when it was released eventhough it was free content. They propably needed to release the M4 Class 1 to get a better deal on more cars like the M4 GT3 and if it's indeed a testing field for a new tire model it's a better opportunity as everyone get's to try it and not just the people who own a certain DLC car.

I allready wrote this on Discord but I hope these kind of relationships with big manufacturers bring some kind of heritage DLC at one point that focuses on Endurance racing. There is so much potential to make attractive DLCs with that content and AMS2, PC2 and AC are showing that. It's been ages since there was released historic content for the more advanced sims and AMS2 is bridging that gap.

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

What you have to remember is this car did not and will not EVER race, hence no official paints. The car was what was supposed to run in DTM this year but because of Audi leaving they had to switch to GT3s, and hence the reason there are no rivals to race against since those rivals... Well... They don't exist anymore. Getting the 2020 all licensing and and I think they're a Raceroom exclusive in that respect.

The car was designed and built in CAD so the 3D models were available and would otherwise be sat there not doing anything. So BMW decided 'why not let rF2 use it?' And S397 is using it as a technical exercise for new tyres which, as hitm4k3r said, allows EVERYONE to test that new tyre model out instead of limiting it to the alien eSport guys, YouTubers or the devs themselves.

Plus, in the sea of GT3 stuff out there, it's different. And different is cool. Especially with something that wants to kill you in first gear all the time. It's a car that looks like it'll be easy to drive, but it isn't. And sim racers want hard to drive, because if they tame something 'difficult' like DTM or a Group C, it gives them that ego boost.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    pkelly, EricW, lagg and 1 other person like this.
  4. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

I'm not getting any brake disc glow or exhaust flames. Is that suppose to be correct or is it missing?

5. justposted

justposted Registered

I have been trying this car out on a few tracks. Have to say that it's a joy to drive in rF2. All that power forces careful acceleration out of corners, so you can never relax. Having flipped endlessly between sims over the last few days, convincing myself that the FFB in Raceroom is decent, for example, coming back to rF2 and this car reminds me why I love this sim so much. Feels totally alive when you throw it round Sebring, which is a feeling I just can't find elsewhere.

turtleCZ, tiffarno and Nieubermesch like this.
  6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I went to try the new FFB and it just feels basically like they've messed around with their FFB presets and settings and fixed a global setting now... It really feels underwhelming in my opinion. Was expecting much better, maybe like AMS1 at least.

7. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

I have done three 25 minute races and my last lap time of 18 was .100 off my second lap time om all the races. This car is very consistent lap after lap. The tyre wear indicates fast wear from 100 to 80 but then it take some time to wear down to 70. From there it is consistent again till 50 and so on. Setup I raised the preload up and removed the rear arb and found that this helped in the corner exit to not light up the rear tyres. Everything else default. Track Redbull ring. Great car to race.

justposted likes this.
  8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Lol, here we go with the rear arb detaching! Is there any joy to drive something that no race driver would drive like or not work in real life dor pratically anything? To each his own.

9. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Nieubermesch . LOL You are so superior to to me. Please provide your real life race driving experience for all of us. It is still a sim game and not all of us expect this to be real life. It is something we enjoy to do as a hobby. So get off your high horse and just enjoy the sim game.

10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

pfft, how dare you have fun and get everything out of the car you can :D

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Realistic? Probably not. Fast? Yes.

Gonna go with fast.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I know I know, just got some PTSD episode because of the alien setups man! I prefer to control the car and keep the setup more "realistic" and think theres more joy in it for most people, but no problem of course ahah. I was actually myself making the car less stiff and less rear wing, just to see how this tires can feel on a car that is more difficult to control on high speeds, and it's promissing.

I also went for some drifty sliding and I can sort of drift it but not the same way and it always seemed I lost time by doing that, like more drag on tires when sliding opposed to the known for exploits.

justposted likes this.
  13. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I just hate the exploits... or the physics that allow them... :mad::mad::mad:

14. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Some drifters dont use ARB in the rear,so they are not real drivers?

15. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, they are drifters, not race drivers...

16. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Hahahaha,so rally drivers are not race drivers?Some cars in Group B have detached ARB in some stages,specialy the Audi Quattro....

17. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

They are rally drivers, not race drivers, at least when rally driving...

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think you are splitting hairs a little too thin. The Rally drivers are racing vs the clock thus they are race drivers. Your definition might be better suited if you said: They are Rally drivers, not Road Racers.(until they get to a Tarmac section that is.....)

Remco Majoor likes this.
  19. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, we are at RF2, I think it's easy to see what I mean by race drivers... There is a distinction between racing cars and rally cars... No rally driver would drive this car for rallying, even if they detached the rear ARB.

20. EricW

EricW Registered

When it's faster to enter a turn backwards you simply do it...for hunting or trying to reach full realism in simulation I think RF2 or any racing game is inappropriate atm.
    It's not real, so get over it.
    Great fun though, and in that department they are doing great.
    Apart from some flaws that need ironing out.