Released Released | Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If I were to vote on ONE track in Italy to save, it would be Imola. Monza is a great speed circuit, but the elevation changes, Aqua Minerali etc at Imola get my vote every time.

atomed, McKiernan and Corti like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Ok, I don't refund, I will hope a fix, but with the BMW M4, it's really really hardcore on MONZA, omg, after mastering this car I can't play arcade games like AMS2 anymore....it will feel like a rail.

Tom Tabone likes this.
  3. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

Maybe some of the trees are not very nice, but apart from that, this is by far the most beautiful track I've seen in terms of tarmac!
    the tarmac is magnificent in truth, the grain of the road has never been so well rendered BRAVO!
    And the many details when you walk around the circuit in free view are sublime!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Great work! Worth the money. Only bad thing is the AI as their incompetence to use slipstream properly and sliding every time in some parts of the track make them a bit weak. I also didn't see them blocking as hard as they do on other tracks. On the positive site: Look at these :D
    20210625002906_1.jpg 20210625002610_1.jpg 20210625002227_1.jpg 20210625002059_1.jpg 20210625001943_1.jpg 20210625003115_1.jpg

Mydriaz, Tom Tabone, R.Noctua and 8 others like this.
  5. elbo

elbo Registered

i can not get this track to install.
    it downloads in steam but wont install in game.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Are you using the web based UI?

7. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

i think the track is great especially in the rain and dark ssr reflections look great i tried different weather conditions fi and gte cars driving feeling was pretty good.i found one graphics error on a wet track on the back straight front and back side the bridge there are non-reflective areas on the tarmac

atomed likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

For the people complaining about the trees. May I remind you that there is a certain other product wich offers this kind of foliage for more money:
    iracing_Monza.png
    Within rF2 it's a very well done track and right up there with Spa and the rest of the high profile tracks. It also shows how much nuance is in the track despite the "simple" layout that you don't feel that much in other products for various reasons. The bump before Ascari has never been that violent in other products with laserscanned versions. I can't judge the iRacing version as I haven't driven that but the ACC version aswell as the AC version feel quite a bit different in that area.

The only downside I've noticed sofar, driving with a grid of 31 Porsche Cup cars was that I got some frame drops around the Ascari area. Judging from the view from Parabolica down to Curva Grande the viewdistance is huge on this track and could well play into this issue and the AI seems to have some issues with the exit of both Lesmos. Other than that, very nice content well worth the money. :)

R.Noctua and atomed like this.
  9. djvicious

djvicious Registered

The trees don't look bad IMO. One thing that can be deceiving is how the leaves change colour through the season, In the spring time leaves tend to be a bright lime green, but by the time the GP rolls around in September they're more of a deep green.

10. Simonk

Simonk Registered

AIW needs some tweaking. AI are sometimes slamming on the brakes randomly in turn 3 Curva Grande. They are also running too wide at the exits of 6 and 7, Lesmo 1 and 2. The GTE cars can handle this but the GT3 lose grip on the outside curb and spin regularly. Other than that, track looks fantastic. Would just be good if you did all the beta testing before charging your customers for it. These are obvious issues I picked up in the first 5 minutes.

11. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

After all the hype and lead up, all the photos of al the stuff used to build it, this release was a tad dissapointing. the track itself (the tar the wheels are on) is great, but i was expecting sensational trackside objects, textures etc..

its not refundable bad, but its not up the hype that preceeded it, certainly not at Spa levels, but faith the team will pump updates to make it live up to the hype.

edit: fwiw the trees have a graphical glitch in several areas where the trees just end in a striaght line, like the texture is shifted off centre in uv mapping.. but.. im not in rf2 as an arborealist, i come to get my pedal down so i can deal with that. ) ;)

12. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

I dont see how Monza is a viable track in SP if the AI cannot slipstream. This is basically a slipstream track.

williang83, Pales and memoNo1 like this.
  13. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I certainly understand everything, but AI needs to be fixed urgently.

We don't have an available MP to disregard such an important part as racing with AI.

14. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Sadly you can forget any AI fixes. Updating the AIW won't fix it. Shame really.

15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I have no idea how people come to that conclcusion tbh and wich content they use in that respect. My suspicion is that the M4 AI physics need a bit of work and together with the issues at the Lesmos there can happen pile ups. I ran a 30 minute qualy session and a 15 lap race with the Porsche Cup car yesterday with 30 cars and it worked good with the AI at 100 % difficulty. Not too difficult but it wasn't a relaxing drive either. Despite the few issues at the Lesmos I couldn't see anything that makes AI at this track useless. The slip streaming would be nice to have but very few sims actually do it in a decent way. There were a few AI cars sliding off the track during practice and in the race but nothing extreme that you wouldn't see on a public server. I need to check some other car combinations but the single race I did felt pretty organic. Maybe I just had luck though. Don't forget to run a qualy session and lay down some rubber. Quick races with no qualifying and rubber on track are screaming for desaster.

atomed likes this.
  16. Pales

Pales Registered

Seems like you're content on racing cars that form trains and are unable to overtake on straights due to poor logic. "I have no idea how people come to this conclusion" is such a dumb thing to say. You've been a member of this forum since 2016, you're fully aware of all the issues.

williang83, Corgan and Nieubermesch like this.
  17. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

I've done a few races with only AI (Ligier P2) cars on Monza. Several times there were many cars leaving the track, lying upside down and pile ups. I've never seen such major traffic jams on public servers.

18. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Nice addition.
    For me its a bit more challenging than other versions. While up close is visually sharp it seems that the distance resolution is a bit less at say 300+ feet/90+M than other tracks. Could be just my perception. Took a few more laps than normal to get dialed in as its a little more a memory track than visual track.

The AI seems very strong on the straights, and weak on the turns.

Quality is top notch. I'm pleased to support S397's dev team with my purchase.

19. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

A tip, try the free cam... WHAT A GOOD JOB!!!!!! :eek: 10/10

+ 1. Oulton Park, Spa or Road Atlanta...
    [​IMG]

20. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

I test this track with the GTE cars ... ohhh what a nice build :) I love this Monza build much! Thanks for this great work