BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paulfield, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

They said they wouldn’t reveal 2 new cars?!

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

The best sim strikes again !
    Monza tomorrow with BMW M4 ? Omg there is no reason to play with anything else.
    I hope the new F1 soon !
    This free car is better than all the content in AMS2....
    I love so much this game.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Pawel44 and Rui Santos like this.
  4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Holly heck!! Great grest news!! Thanks for the free car guys! Good move, more people will want to try RF2 since it's in disccount! Smart moves guys, smart moves! ;)

Rui Santos and atomed like this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Sorry, RF2 is the best, but I've been trying AMS2 again and Reiza did it, they've mastered Madness engine to a great degree! Some cars need more work, but some cars... At the level of RF2, with it's quirks of course... Rf2 also have them... My second favourite sim now is AMS2 and I am very happy for Reiza!

Reiche likes this.
  6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I understand, but the casual feeling of AMS2 is NOWHERE closed to rF2, it's a fact. Just compared the Reiza rF2 cars with the same AMS2 cars, AMS 2 is closed to be arcade.

7. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, I was just comparing the AJR Metalmoro to the RF2 version and I really think they are pretty close in terms of handling... FFB also feels quite simillar to me, with the more rubbery feel that the tires from Madness engine also offer compared to other sims on the market. There are instances where I expected a bit more turn in and less vagueness, but that it's mostly tire and isn't that far off... Compared to how it used to be it's transformed and it's not an arcade game anymore to me. It might be a little bit more forgiving in some situations too, but it definetly is feeling quite good.

I actually have to say that I don't even like the cars in RF2... Didn't spend a lot of time in AMS2 with the same cars, but in RF2 there is some weirdness to the grip levels, just like there is some weirdness to cars in AMS2, allowing some insane turn in and lift off oversteer... In the AMS2 version this car is actually a little bit more understeery and I think that is a plus!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Compare the Porsche GT3 yourself if you can and tell me if they feel that different... Even with the default setups. The AMS2 version seems to be a bit softer though, but if you look closely at the corners and all, the behavior is really simillar!

Watch the 2nd lap of AMS2.

9. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Wow doesn’t take long to go off topic. Well this post is dead now.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  10. Reiche

Reiche Registered

Okay, I was quite a bit underwhelmed when I read the news we'll get the Class 1. But the interview with Rudolf Dittrich talking about the amount of data shared with S397 is getting me a little bit excited. (Hoping it is not only marketing blah blah, but with the car probably never going to hit the track IRL there's no need to hide much, isn't it?)

11. parginos

parginos Registered

If you watch the event till the end you know that BMW M4 GT3 is coming too ;)

atomed, Reiche, Raven80 and 1 other person like this.
  12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

the way it drives compared to the usual “rf2 way” is mental. If you try to slide it in every corner, you’ll die. If you try to push it lap one, you’ll die. You have to warm it up.

I tried to do it yesterday with the car and Monza: dead.

13. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

the absolute state of this forum. I just come here to have a laugh, it never disappoints.

14. green serpent

green serpent Registered

So "meh real data" is actually good after all? Does it feel better than normal rF2 cars?

15. SunBro

SunBro Registered

Fingers crossed that community will like the new tires and marcel will apply the tires to other content like he said :)

Nieubermesch likes this.
  16. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Sound good... feels more natural to me than the 'usual rf2 way'.

But agreed, let's see what the community as to say about it.

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just watched the race event with it, I thought it was lovely. At first felt sceptic during the very intro driving, but I turned into thinking that this car does seem to drive rather real during racing, it did look right the way fast guys out there drove this BMW on the limit. Perhaps looked weirdly stiff sometimes, but that is probably realistic how those cars will be IRL. I wan't to drive it too.

Overall production was nice, would watch it again while recovering. The BMW model looked superB including interior. I think Monza is very nice too and I liked the cameras. It is one of the rare occasions when I don't have much things to dislike.

18. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

A car that like so many others is born orphan, without rivals, without official paintings and with ridiculous names. A car that no longer competes in a championship that is dying ...
    with this they want to attract new users to RF2?
    There is no one behind the wheel, there is no medium / long-term content plan.

Akela_DE and SuperMonaco_GP like this.
  19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's always better than nothing, it's free, and for competition it will be very nice, the new drivers who want the ultimate sim will come to rF2, if they want a casual experience, there is a lot of others games

turtleCZ and MiguelVallejo like this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Similar to Tatuus & Dallara, it is an ego project from BMW. Allowing S397 to satisfy BMW's itch to brag about what this car could have been. S397 provides an avenue for BMW and creates a closer bond between the two companies.

Nieubermesch likes this.