We need this in rF2. Ben Collins Drives Ferrari Challenge @ Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Jun 16, 2021.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Isn't Brands Hatch just the best ?

So much play with the car. Stig himself actually had to turn TC on, to be fast in it !

Incredible production, I am a huge fan of Ben Collins, follow up ! please don't delete this, like you did it with his BMW video I posted.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

dazzer likes this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have reposted this myself, this wasn't moved.

The bad thing about "off-topic" subforum is that nobody is there, this forum is not heavily populated to begin with, thanks to someone who favors discord fast-food like noise chamber over high value forums.

I prefer to post here when I want to have a discussion. And to be seen. This forum is like last place of simracing in the internet for me, where there is still a grain of common sense, which is diminishing unfortunately.

So yeah I like Ben Collins, I like what he does and what he says, I like Brands Hatch and this Ferrari seems dope. I liked BMW video too, but it was removed from here, and I was never told why, just could guess.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Good point. I guess I never went into it and read that, perhaps assumed it was the same one.

Anyway, people aren't residing in particular places on the forum. There's a list of recent posts, people can click "New Posts" and see all ones they haven't read, and people who are interested in off topic stuff can go visit off topic directly too.

Maybe many people just don't share your interests. Here we are nearly 12 hours later and the only discussion here is regarding your posts. Maybe the ones who jump on the forum and on discord feel discouraged by your discord digs and rant. Who knows.

mantasisg likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I feel sorry to mess up the thread, by having salt in it. Well... I tried many times...

If anyone knows a place where people has same interests like me, than I would appreciate it if I could be linked there, thank you.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Sim_Player hmm. I was pretty much convinced the focus here was Brands Hatch.

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

Autograph-Ben-Collins-cut.png

juanchioooo likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

^^^ This definitely gave PC a boost in my opinion. It would fit rF2 even better, I think it wouldn't be bad if some really well known competent driver would do some consultations and give feedback for developers. Same goes for engineers and so on, to put it short - anyone who has the know how. And theeeeen.... get an extra deal on it to get some marketing out of that... But I wish it would be done primarely as a feedback mechanism for more realism, not mainly as just to use someones name, not really caring to get any wisdom and knowledge from him.

And these things work.... well as for PC2, I think that is a simcade and it was more biased towards marketing. There is other great example - Scott Speed and iRacing. He definitely gave some top notch consultations for iR devs, because RallyCross in iR is perhaps most true to reality of what they have.

@Lazza Yes it is, I am the most interested in Brands Hatch ! But the particular Ferrari and Ben Collins personality are very interesting to me as well. Perhaps least interesting is why there is no love in forum, but still interesting.

9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Fernando Alonso is promoting rf2... but he also sort of owns it.

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Coutie That is great. But it is at the same time little. I guess if he would give constant feedback on things it would be helpful for rF2, but at the same time what matters the most is what average guy perceives as real, not F1 legend. I wish it was different.

@Sim_Player I see what was done here, just checked the workshops right now. I love it in AC, but this conversion is not great.... aaaaaand thats great, because IMO rips without permission does not deserve to be made up to high quality standards, so that is alright :D

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well... it is down to personal preferences. Brands hatch is indeed oldschool racetrack. I am incredibly happy that it hasn't been synthesized through the years, and I hope it never will (just don't bring F1 there and it should be fine). F1 is cancer of racetracks in my opinion. It brings tons of unnatural artificial elements to race tracks which would hardly or never found in real public roads and takes away organic nature of race tracks, not even talking about parking lots at off track zones, lack of green stuff and so on and on. And all of that only to justify and fit obese bias to downforce aerodynamics and the way those cars has evolved into unraceable ultimate time attack sprint wingless airplane cars, which again is nothing at all like actual cars, apart that they have four wheels with rubber touching the road.

I like the idea of this Ferrari Challenge - give it more strength and remove some of downforce, make it some more low drag instead of high drag high downforce, I like the idea that now the car will be more like a car, but still it is a race car. Racing > Laptimes.

Brands Hatch actually has three very decent left turns, and then it also has one very good slow turn - Druids. In my personal opinion thats a perfect racetrack formula - fast rhythmic flow with an accent of one or a few slow turns or chicanes. I am really not a fan of the modern approach like: straight + braking zone into mega slow turn over and over again just to create "overtaking opportunity" because cars are basically unraceable otherwise, thanks boomers, you had fun when you were young, and now transformed it into this for us, safety is great though.

SPA is awesome, apart its parking lots, but it was way better in "bus stop" era. I think it was a great loss for that track.

Road America and Suzuka are nice, it is great that we have both of very awesome quality in rF2. Both, just like Silverstone, IMO are a lot more fun to race at, than just to hotlap. Road America is amazing for me for the reason that it is an oldschool track, hardly changed, yet layout feels relatively modern. I guess its cause of many 90deg turns. Suzuka is the same, slightly more changes, but still relatively same like the old.

bobbie424242, Magus and Sim_Player like this.
  13. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

While I don't care about the track I'd love to have more Ferrari's in rF2. The same cars that are present in AC.

14. Filip

Filip Registered

There are 2 Ferrari Challenge mods I found. I like them both.

15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I like Cadwell Park.
    Also a fantastic old school track.