Monza to rfactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, May 29, 2021.

1. EricW

EricW Registered

pkelly likes this.
  2. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

It looks like Monza, along with those kerbs they posted on social media in the Italian colours. Laser scan of modern day Monza would be very much welcome. :D
    [​IMG]

3. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Was referring to rF1 Brianza and rF2 1966 one...
    This is how ISI/S397 call Monza so if they can license it...why not?

4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

S397 have no interest in historic contents

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I stated in my wordy reply that YES individual events LIKE THE VIRTUAL 24 HR ,in this case via the ACO will be available. But not WEC, IMSA,ELMS et al. You might have noticed, that WEC was implied in that press release but there were no quotes from WEC officials, there were comments from MG and the ACO & even the Le Mans eSports group. If you have ever read a press release, EVERYONE involved gets a quote, nothing from the WEC shows there is no agreement for a season. We 'may' get a similar Indy 500 event, but, if the pattern holds, no full season with all the tracks & sponsors(would Indy fans be happy with only Chevy engined Dallara's if Honda doesn't participate?). Take the Cadillac Dpi. It is an orphan car destined in rF2 to be nothing but a stand in for LMP1 mods. Have we gotten more IMSA tracks that the Dpi competes on? More competitors? (noRiley/Multimatic Mazda Dpi, No Oreca Acura Dpi, heck not even the abandoned Onroak/Ligier based Nissan Dpi) So please understand, if nothing changes in regards to MG's ownership of rF2, There will , in all likely-hood, never be a fully licensed series of any league with all the bells and whistles such as ACC's agreement with SRO.
    I have put a-lot of words like MAY and IF in my statements, things could change depending upon MG's involvement, but based upon 8 years of rF2 history, the likelihood of any series hitching it's wagon to rF2 is very unlikely. MG has plans for Stand Alone sims for Nascar, the Le Mans 24hr, and BTCC, those plans/agreements will prevent rF2 from getting full access to some or all the cars & tracks. Toyota, Porsche, Audi, Glickenhaus, Peugeot, their new cars will be in a MG title, not rF2.

6. EricW

EricW Registered

I'm not trying to prove a point, just made a imo logical observation of events.
    First time big takeover in its 8 years history, things can change in a day or even a minute.
    I can state as many if's the other way around, but never get stuck in history to form a opinion.

7. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Unfortunately I am afraid you are absolutely right. If MG has reliable agreements with ACO and WEC, we will not see this in rFactor2. It is disheartening to see how the Cadillac Dpi was already born orphan, others like the fantastic Norma lmp3, have 5 insufficient skins and no rivals. Tracks arrive with a dropper and there does not seem to be a clear defined direction in terms of content.
    I think one way out would be to license a series like ELMS (I doubt we'll see this series in a specific MG title), with official drivers and tracks. S397 did a great job with the FE, I'm not a fan of that at all but it's always comforting to have real drivers on the track and not Giroys Danas and such ridiculous names

davehenrie likes this.
  8. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

I hope they will also include the historical track with the oval, since RF2 also has historical cars from that period, it would be absurd not to have the historical track which is wonderful too, who has news?

Dady Cairo and davehenrie like this.
  9. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

In fact, I have only bought Spa and Hockeheim in AMS2 for their classic versions. I have not tried the modern ones :).
    It would be great to be able to enjoy them also in rfactor2

Dady Cairo and Mauro like this.
  10. prceurope

prceurope Registered

ELMS would be great for "us fans" but it's a niche within a niche within a niche (Sportscar -> Endurance -> Europe), despite the efforts of Porsche and Fassbender (who wanted to be in WEC already but realized he's not good enough yet).

Even though I first started in rF2 in Nov '20, it's pretty clear to me that S397 had a scattergun approach over the past couple of years, chasing revenue opportunities with hot properties like FE and LM24h. The Norma LMP3 and the Cadillac DPi are, indeed, great examples. So much potential in those two categories alone, but almost impossible to set up any kind of racing series that resembles their real-life counterparts, which is crazy considering that LMP3 is the gold standard for entry-level endurance racing. I do my own offline multi-class races at Sebring and I have to use mods to make it happen.

On the other hand, the absence of an official laser-scanned Monza (current) is a glaring absence that is long-overdue. I couldn't believe when I first bought rF2 last year that there was no official Monza, no Barcelona, no Spa, no Paul Ricard and no Hockenheim. At least now there is Spa, and Monza soon, which are absolute-musts for any serious racing title, regardless of how good the mods are and how available those tracks are in other sims. I bought rF2 for a reason and I don't want to have to drive Monza in AC or ACC.

There will always be pressure to add tracks like Brands Hatch, Road America, COTA, Laguna Seca, etc. S397 and MG need to sit down and have a long think about what kind of platform they want rF2 to be.

In my opinion, rF2 should become a franchise engine on top of which a whole range of series are built. Touring/TCR, Nascar, Endurance, Cup/SuperTrofeo/Challenge, formula, vintage.

Each of these requires a special set of content creators and developers who absolutely love the genre. I can sit and watch the Hankook 24h Series, the VLN, WEC, ELMS, ALMS, IMSA, Michelin Le Mans Cup, Carrera Cup, GT World, and so many others if I were a retiree. And that's just in the sportscar/endurance side of things.

I will purchase the Monza DLC as soon as it's released, whether there's a historic variant or not, and whether the AI crush each other at T1 or not. Because, Monza is one of the seven wonders of the motorsport world and rF2 is the most satisfying consumer sim/game in the world. I mean, who isn't looking forward to running the updated Ligier P2 through the Variante Ascari? :D

EricW and MiguelVallejo like this.
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

rF2 as a modular title would be a good idea.

rF2 would be the core game, then you buy and run "modules" (LeMans, BTCC, NASCAR) on top of it (like the kart one released for rF2) but you also need to give the options to run those "modules" standalone....hum...
    Basically what happened with Race07 and following titles :D

EricW and Remco Majoor like this.
  12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Isn't this effectively happening with the BTCC and NASCAR game right now? It'll all use the same comp system afaik.

13. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

But rF2 with it's own engine and the others running UE5?

14. EricW

EricW Registered

UE5 looks great, I wouldn't mind.

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

UE4 was awesome, I have a very close relation with Epic, UE5 is gorgeous, no doubt. Even UE3 and MK11 is gorgeous...I still play MK11...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    EricW likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ACC uses UE5 doesn't it? Lots of complaints about that, not the looks, but the performance issues especially in VR. Anyhow, isn't UE5 old news? What is the newest UE version?

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

ACC is UE4 and not the lastest...UE is very CPU demanding....with the new CPU generation, it can only be good, I laugh about the i7 7700k owners, for example, who think this CPU is not outdated...if there is a new CPU released, it's not for nothing....

davehenrie likes this.
  18. EricW

EricW Registered

The new features in UE5 when fully utilised should boost performance enormously, also for and maybe especially with VR.
    ACC is indeed in UE4 and imo not the very best in VR (not as bad as it was btw), But I've seen much better VR performance in UE4 in equally complex games.

davehenrie likes this.
  19. Kahel

Kahel Registered

I would not count on UE5... nanite feature to be more precise, to boost performance. A better way to put it would be... boost the visual accuracy to a level that wasn't possible before... but you wouldn't boost performance even if you would convert ACC to UE5 for example. You would make it a lot more detailed, allowing dev to use their biggest quality assets, making thing very accurate and with the added benefit of needed less work...which is quiet huge by itself.

EricW likes this.
  20. EricW

EricW Registered

Shouldn't it improve the problems we now see at tracks like e.g. Nords combined, where the pit area for me seems to determine the maximum acceptable settings?