Game does not jump to next session

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hitsuji, Oct 29, 2020.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

So, I built a new PC and all seems OK except when I join a server (using old UI as server runs this) my race won't advance from Practice to Quali. All the other racers on the server seem to advance no problem. If I quit and re-join I can do Quali and then it advances to warmup (takes a minute or two) and then when race starts I have no problem.
    My old PC had no problem and I copied my installation to my new PC not new install. (ran the runtime programs)
    When the server goes from Practice to Quali it does so on a time basis and rolls over automatically. (clock says 0 at my PC but won't change session)
    From Quali to Warmup is automatic based on time. (Clock goes to 0 at my PC I have to wait 1 or 2 minutes for session change)
    When going from warmup to Race 1, the admin manually changes the session. (My PC changes session within seconds)
    Changing from Race 1 to Warmup to adjust the grid is done manually and so on through the six race sessions (This is where I have no problem at my end)
    Was there any solution to this problem other than changing to new UI?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would assume that if you are attempting to race on a track or with cars that have been updated since January, then the old UI might not be able to load everything. But since the server is using the old UI, I would think that should not be an issue. The change to the new UI takes about 30 seconds and can be reversed just as easily.
    Give it a shot, see what occurs.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks, only reason I use the old UI is that is what the server is running (that version) We are using older cars built before this year. I didn't have the issue on the old PC. None of the other guys on the server have the issue.
    No biggie just thought maybe someone had seen it and knew the reason. Might be a driver or something to do with the new hardware, will persevere and hopefully when we port the server over to new UI it solves the issue.

4. Christian Pallesen

Christian Pallesen Registered

Did anyone ever find a fix to this issue? I'm currently facing the same difficulties as stated in this thread. I can do one race per reinstall before it then doesnt throw me into the race session again. It makes me think it's something thats being created or changed after the first race which then screws it up for the next one(s)?

5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

<possible workaround below>

When the server advances to the next session, I’m usually left behind. If wekve just entered qualy, I can sometimes click the Drive button despite it appearing greyed out - but I then land in my car in the garage with the engine off and unable to start it using the assigned keys. If it’s the Race session, it’s luck as to whether I get in before the lights…

I’ve suffered from this problem for a long time but think I’ve stumbled on a workaround that seems somewhat reliable.

In the new UI, if I’m left behind as a session advances, I seem to be able to click the Setup button - this jumps me away from the timing screen for the previous session and appears to force my client-side to catch up with the server. I can then proceed as normal.

Worth a shot.

Christian Pallesen and lagg like this.
  6. Christian Pallesen

Christian Pallesen Registered

Hi MileSeven,
    Thanks for the reply I will try this out next time!

7. BlackMamba

BlackMamba Registered

I have had this problem for months, if I put the old build and the whole championship adapts I can compete without problems, with the new build I get stuck between one session and another, everyone goes to the race I remain with a time timer 0:00 not I feel the session change and I remain in limbo, and the good thing if I close rf2, and I return since I retired so I can't even participate with a few laps later

and for months I've been doing these posts putting logs and various stuff and no one knows why or what causes this problem! How is it possible?

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Because this is not a common problem.

9. BlackMamba

BlackMamba Registered

it is a problem that a lot of people are experiencing and since February I have been reporting this problem I have put all the log files etc. etc. no one from studio 397 has been able to answer this problem, in 5 months no one knows why many do not play the game let us compete, we spent money on dlc, for the game we spend hours training and then we cannot compete, this thing is absurd!

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

So, I did a complete reinstall and still have the issue where the game advances from practice to qualifying session but only after about 4 minutes. The longer I'm in the practice session the longer the delay to transition to the next session.
    I have only noticed this in multiplayer.
    I reiterate that this is only happening since I got my new PC

As additional information, when I exit the gam it takes up to a minute to go from garage to main menu and the same time again to go from main menu to shutdown. I'm still using the old UI as this is the version the server runs.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

For me its broken, too. When i press "Finish Session" in Singleplayer, rF2 is switching to the next session without showing the results of the previous session. The "Finish Session" Button have the exact same function as the "Next Session" Buttom. I would assume a small copy & paste bug? By the way, in Moddev its working proper, "Finish Session" really finish the Session with showing the results, "Next Session" button switch to next Session.

12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I'm giving this a bump in the vain hope that someone from S397 will respond as to whether this is a known issue or not. If a known issue, is there a work around?

Oh hang on I think I've found a fix.....
    AMS 2, yes that did the trick fixed it straight away.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  13. lagg

lagg Registered

Try to switch off the replays, in case that you have activated.

14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks @lagg that was one of the first things I did.
    Pretty sure it's not going to be resolved so I will stick with my fix, as mentioned above.
    By switching to AMS2 I have resolved so many issues.
    Fixed graphics lag and stutters. (we still have the logging for this and we can't turn it off to save resources)
    Fixed Long load times.
    Fixed having to go into player.json to enable / disable things that you should be able to adjust in game.
    Fixed a UI that you have to scroll across 2 pages to see all the icons. (3rd party already got this right in rF2 and S397 ignore still)
    upload_2021-9-18_10-45-59.png

Fixed rubbish AI behaviour
    Fixed no native Oculus VR driver.
    Just to name the first things that spring to mind, the list is practically endless. I've given up waiting for any answers from S397

lagg likes this.