The game sometimes takes 30 minutes to start up.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by SharD, May 30, 2021.

1. SharD

SharD Registered

Why is this, and can it be fixed?

I do not have a bad computer, and the game is installed on the SSD/C: drive. I am not sure what causes this, so, does anyone else have this issue too?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you have not used rF2 for many months, part of the delay could be due to various updates being downloaded and installed, as well as car and track improvements. I too have noticed that sometimes the loading process seems to take longer, but not certainly 30 minutes. After pressing the PLAY button, the sim seems to vanish and I assume it is sending info back to Steam and waiting for a reply based upon your content. If my assumption is correct, the real loading of the sim only occurs after Steam and the Sim have agreed upon what content you have installed and if it's up to date.
    Perhaps one of the users like @Lazza or @redapg may know of a log that monitors the loading process. You could try creating a trace file and that might show if the sim is having difficulties loading tracks or cars.

3. SharD

SharD Registered

I have had the game for 3 years. It usually happens when I have installed new content or when I have modded something. I'll see if I can create a tracefile.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

And a few more Information could help too.
    What lasts ~ 30 Minutes?
    That you can click a Button or that a Track gets loaded the first Time?
    Do you get any Messages, like "synchronize Workshop" or something like that?
    And yes, a Trace from when it happens could help to find the Problem.
    Look HERE, how you can create one.